JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Renting. But I'm not picky as long as it's not next to a meth house or Something lol. Even a 1 bed befroom to get by for now would be better than nothing

Real tough market right now. With the sub 300K market gone for most buyers right now, the pressure on "affordable " rentals is pretty heavy. You are looking at $ 1,400 per month on a 3 bedroom and probably
$ 1,200 on a 2 bedroom, IF you can find them. They are renting fast to good renters with good credit and references. You really have to look close at your hoods, because there are some real shi*hole neighborhoods out there.

I second namac's post, Sheriff Pat Garrett is a stand up guy, and a hell of a Sheriff too. Sure do wish we had more like him! Stay the Hell out of Mult County, PERIOD! Wanna see your rights evaporate right before your eyes, YUP, That's Portland! And the Sheriff? Super Slime ball:mad::mad::mad:

I second namac's post, Sheriff Pat Garrett is a stand up guy, and a hell of a Sheriff too. Sure do wish we had more like him! Stay the Hell out of Mult County, PERIOD! Wanna see your rights evaporate right before your eyes, YUP, That's Portland! And the Sheriff? Super Slime ball:mad::mad::mad:
Yup, used to be the Portland Chief of Police, a real liberal slimeball...

I fled from the constipation and burgeoning overcrowding of PDX decades ago.
I can barely stand to make brief dashes into the region on rare occasions.

Hard to even consider voluntarily moving that direction these days.

Don't know if you are renting or buying, but real estate is very expensive. No sub 300K decent properties at all. I am getting ready to put 5 acres and a completely remodeled house on the market next year and expect to see the upper 500K range on it.

Forest Grove, Banks, Carlton, Yamhill are all rural areas and you can get to Hillsboro high tech I assume, in 45 minutes. Affordable real estate is going to be a 45 to 1 hour commute to Hillsboro.

Which community is your property mentioned above in?
I'm in NE Portland at the moment, and contemplating a move that way as I now work in Hillsboro.

PM me if you prefer.

IMNAHA down on the snake river at cow creek The most unpopulated area of the state in Oregon, someplace near there is my last resort bug out location, it is a Cave, very remote, ready to live in with supplies.

Estacada would have been my choice until the severed head and stabbing in the supermarket thing. Mayberry, where are you?

Man carrying human head stabs Estacada store worker; linked to nearby homicide

That's a pretty rare one-off for Estacada. I know a number of folks that live out there, it would be a good choice - we're thinking about heading that way at some point. That said, out Beavercreek way, Colton, heck, even Canby, which is really close to I-5 if you need to commute north or south. I'm in OC now, which is a great place, but it's growing faster than I would like, losing it's once small town charm, and they're not building wider roads to adapt to the higher numbers of people flooding in.

BTW, Estacada is very close to Douglas Ridge and close to the Mt Hood National Forest, 2 bonuses.

Last Edited:
Hi everyone! I MIGHT be moving up in the Portland area from mid valley Oregon. Portland looks like a nightmare.. Crazy stories on the news daily. My question is are there any safe areas around Portland ? Beaverton, Tigard, hillsboro?? I don't go out to bars or party or anything like that, I just need to find a town that's somewhat affordable in the area that is a nice family town. I'm a boring gun packin family man. Lol. Parks, fishing spots, the zoo.. That's all I really care about. And somewhere I can drive to on BLM to shoot. Thanks everyone.

All the towns are full of safe spaces. It's Oregon.
O you mean in the original meaning.

Sorry couldn't help myself.

Tualatin/Sherwood traffic is a MF'er during rush hour....but TCGC and Cabela's is there, so what am I gonna do? :D
We moved to Tualatin around 1980. Population was under 10K at the time. Nice area, I was working at Tektronix at the time. When we left is was around 33K and was told by a DEA agent we knew, that it had become a major hub for Mexican heroin for the west coast.
I had a shop about 6 blocks from my house. Took my over an hour to get home some days.

We moved out east.

Hi everyone! I MIGHT be moving up in the Portland area from mid valley Oregon. Portland looks like a nightmare.. Crazy stories on the news daily. My question is are there any safe areas around Portland ? Beaverton, Tigard, hillsboro?? I don't go out to bars or party or anything like that, I just need to find a town that's somewhat affordable in the area that is a nice family town. I'm a boring gun packin family man. Lol. Parks, fishing spots, the zoo.. That's all I really care about. And somewhere I can drive to on BLM to shoot. Thanks everyone.

What part of Portland do you need access to or is it just the area in general? On the south and east areas Canby, Damascus, Carver and Boring come to mind. You should also look into Vantucky and Camas.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top