JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ever see what happens to tritium sights in the dark when a wml or bright handheld is activated? No more dots. If its dark enough to see the dots, then you can't see schit and you better not be shooting at things you can't see.

Here are two defining posts that really need to be looked at further!
Note what @No_Regerts points out, the night sight's vials become almost invisible, YET, as seen in the photos @v0lcom13sn0w posted, when the light is activated, the sights are clearly visible, even a hint of the "glow" is still seen, and more important, you can align those sights as needed! This discussion has uncovered the facts, being able to see and identify your target and what's beyond is VERY IMPORTANT, and the system each of us chooses based on what works for us is just that, One option among many! What is the most important take away here? Having the ability to see, see the target and see your sights! all the rest is fluff!

8 pages, and I'm still confused, and even more, apathetic. The topic subject uses the term, dropped. Call me old school, but to me, that says they quit making it. Does dropped now mean it's a new release?o_O Or does dropped mean they laid an egg?

One must remember the times in which we live, everything wants to swing both ways and identify as XYZ. :oops:

8 pages, and I'm still confused, and even more, apathetic. The topic subject uses the term, dropped. Call me old school, but to me, that says they quit making it. Does dropped now mean it's a new release?o_O Or does dropped mean they laid an egg?
To make sure it doesn't discharge like a sig. :D

Or either monmy gun or daddy gun dropped baby gun on its head. :eek::rolleyes:

Is it instant-on, or have a trigger-level switch? If not, how much time does it take to turn on. Having a safety is enough of an (reasonable) annoyance. I'm with the camp that a RDS on a CC weapon is an unnecessary and cumbersome feature. Opinion only - YMMV...:rolleyes: Knife-With-Scope-And-Red-Dot-Sight.jpg

C.O.R.E (Competition Optics Ready Equipment) ...We others had to spend a lot of time to learn what CORE means. Seems the "new" weapons are that. So do not worry about what happens to CORE. The new 45's are still vaporware, darn!

I too point and shoot up close with vital spot results. Beyond that, I no longer find use for iron sights with my antique eyes.
Leupold delta point pro has changed everything. Finding the dot is not difficult with practice and comes up fast and reliably. it is instant on when moved and shuts itself off if not moved. Battery last nearly a year when used daily according to the employees @ Brimstone gun range who use them. I can hit within 6 inches out to 25 yards and ring 10 inch gongs to 50. I could barely do these things when my eyes were good with iron sights.
(I've removed the front sight since the picture was taken) Really is not an added notice when carrying, considering the already large profile.
IMGP0140.JPG :):):):)

I too point and shoot up close with vital spot results. Beyond that, I no longer find use for iron sights with my antique eyes.
Leupold delta point pro has changed everything. Finding the dot is not difficult with practice and comes up fast and reliably. it is instant on when moved and shuts itself off if not moved. Battery last nearly a year when used daily according to the employees @ Brimstone gun range who use them. I can hit within 6 inches out to 25 yards and ring 10 inch gongs to 50. I could barely do these things when my eyes were good with iron sights.
(I've removed the front sight since the picture was taken) Really is not an added notice when carrying, considering the already large profile.
View attachment 567881 :):):):)

LOVE the look of that set up. Sight looks nice in that it looks like low profile. Big time 1911 fanboy, always have been. Like the holster too as I have long been a big fan of the belt slide. Still use one a lot. Does the sight fit a normal dovetail?

The issue I foubd shooting in pitch black with a light is the smoke after a couple shots basically blocking the light 100%. Not on the lens, but in the air, likd driving with high beams in thick fog.

This is one reason it would be great to be able to try this, shooting in total dark, with live ammo instead as I have done it, with air guns. Sadly just no place I know of to get to try this around me. It would of course be a liability drag on a range to offer it, so I am guessing it would have to be expensive. I would most likely still pay for the chance just to get to feel it first hand. I guess if the first couple rounds start to block my seeing the scum I shoot I can at least hope I have hit what I shot at by then. Not to mention most important that I really did want to shoot what I shot at. As in the light showed me it was a threat, not some family member who woke me up.

Does the sight fit a normal dovetail?

I believe the Leupold has mounts that fit normal dovetails and maybe some aftermarket mounts as well.,

Unfortunately for me, the Remington R1 enhanced (not a true 1911 in all respects) seemed to go out of their way to ensure no other sight or adapters are used on it, :( requiring a custom made adapter to marry the two together.
Brimstone gunsmiths did a fine job of that.

I believe the Leupold has mounts that fit normal dovetails and maybe some aftermarket mounts as well.,

Unfortunately for me, the Remington R1 enhanced (not a true 1911 in all respects) seemed to go out of their way to ensure no other sight or adapters are used on it, :( requiring a custom made adapter to marry the two together.
Brimstone gunsmiths did a fine job of that.
I have an R1S Enhanced. What was your problem? I was just looking into what it would take to put a red dot on mine.

I have an R1S Enhanced. What was your problem? I was just looking into what it would take to put a red dot on mine.
I have no problem I have what works for me! I like it and am pretty good with it. As for you, Maybe time has changed things. For me it went like this:
In a nut shell;
I started October 2018 finally deciding on the sight I wanted, Leupold Delta Pro. I called Leupold for the proper mount. They make no such thing for Remington R1 enhanced. I then E mailed The R1 web site for adapters that would allow me to add the Leupold sight and got a response they had none. I E mailed them again for the dovetail info and said it was a Novak of sorts? I then looked up novak after markets sights on the internet for adapters and found a couple but not crossing with the Remington.
Its the end of November now so called around to have the slide machined to accept the Leupold mounting bracket. Not going to happen due to the configuration of the slide. I Had sent a E mail to Brimstone Gun smithing who regularly does Glocks asking for help. They decided to try December 2nd 2018 and started by looking for something off the rack without success. They tried making a molded adapter with metal inserts also without passing muster. Giving up they finally resorted to designing and hand machining what I needed. A wonderful Job albeit I'm confidant they lost money big time. (thank you kindly)
Given all that happened I would do it again. I like the R1enhanced, It works for me.
That said it is not the first time I have bought new products then custom made sights or holsters because no one was on board with those things as yet. Then time down the road others came on board with accessories or up grades off the rack. Maybe enough time has elapsed and they're are more options than I had.
I hope this helps.

Apparently when I state my thoughts on such topics it evokes a need for safe spaces and teddy bears. :rolleyes:

To be fair your opinion on .22lr triggers me badly. I'll provide my own safe space but am somewhat annoyed that I, a supporting member, am STILL waiting on my teddy bear.

Edit: and don't try to send @No_Regerts in a bear suit either, I already know you two are an item:s0114:

Last Edited:
I have no problem I have what works for me! I like it and am pretty good with it. As for you, Maybe time has changed things. For me it went like this:
In a nut shell;
I started October 2018 finally deciding on the sight I wanted, Leupold Delta Pro. I called Leupold for the proper mount. They make no such thing for Remington R1 enhanced. I then E mailed The R1 web site for adapters that would allow me to add the Leupold sight and got a response they had none. I E mailed them again for the dovetail info and said it was a Novak of sorts? I then looked up novak after markets sights on the internet for adapters and found a couple but not crossing with the Remington.
Its the end of November now so called around to have the slide machined to accept the Leupold mounting bracket. Not going to happen due to the configuration of the slide. I Had sent a E mail to Brimstone Gun smithing who regularly does Glocks asking for help. They decided to try December 2nd 2018 and started by looking for something off the rack without success. They tried making a molded adapter with metal inserts also without passing muster. Giving up they finally resorted to designing and hand machining what I needed. A wonderful Job albeit I'm confidant they lost money big time. (thank you kindly)
Given all that happened I would do it again. I like the R1enhanced, It works for me.
That said it is not the first time I have bought new products then custom made sights or holsters because no one was on board with those things as yet. Then time down the road others came on board with accessories or up grades off the rack. Maybe enough time has elapsed and they're are more options than I had.
I hope this helps.
Thanks. I won't waste time looking for off the shelf solutions.

To be fair your opinion on .22lr triggers me badly. I'll provide my own safe space but am somewhat annoyed that I, a supporting member, am STILL waiting on my teddy bear.

Edit: and don't try to send @No_Regerts in a bear suit either, I already know you two are an item:s0114:

:s0140:
That post made me laugh harder than any I have EVER read!

View attachment 567881 :):):):)

Not to mention, transitions are faster and your focus is on the target/threat, not the front sight. :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top