JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not to mention, transitions are faster and your focus is on the target/threat, not the front sight. :)

There was talk of transitions earlier in this thread... not to argue, but one opinion was that multiple attackers are a rare thing... I'm not so sure about that. Could be it's 50/50 in today's world. I'd sure like to see a "reliable" study that doesn't skew their stats.

I'm guessing, and what I'm told by our trainer, is that bangers are almost always multiple attacker, as are home invasion robberies. It could be that convenience store and bank robberies are mixed. But what about street robberies? IDK. Crazy man attacks should be singles. Road rage should be singles.

Thread drift warning!!! - At any rate, we are told (again by trainer) to carry as big a mag as we can reasonably conceal... reason is multiple attackers... if you gotta do a mag change after 6rds or 8rds, you are going to get shot or stabbed. Of course if you are using .45ACP you could drop 8 bad guys with one shot each, right?

K, I'll get back on topic, sorta: Of 3 bedside handguns in my home, only one has a WML. That one also has an integral laser. Light em up!! That gun shoots to the center of the light at room distances. One (bedside handgun) is too small for a WML, and the other is a revolver (I have handheld tactical lights for these). None have optics. My (bedside) AR pistol has a reflex optic and a light. And my yard gun, a combat shotgun, has a reflex optic and a 1200 lumen light.

Mini-dot on a carry pistol? Sure!!! I'd benefit from one I'm sure! Won't make me a better shot? I'd bet it will since I have some diabetic eye vision problems... Although I can point shoot out to 7yds, I need sights after that and I'm struggling to hit past 15yds with the Big Dot sight. Maybe should have gotten the smaller dot size, but that defeats the purpose, no? IDPA this Saturday, first meet of the year, will be asking them when they are gonna get with the 21st Century and allow mini-dots.

Last Edited:
Thread drift warning!!! - At any rate, we are told to carry as big a mag as we can reasonably conceal... reason is multiple attackers... if you gotta do a mag change after 6rds or 8rds, you are going to get shot or stabbed. Of course if you are using .45ACP you could drop 8 bad guys with one shot each, right?

I have been carrying a 1911 many decades now. I for decades was very ambivalent about capacity. Would always carry an extra mag just for the hell of it. When Devel made a mag that held 8 rounds and worked I bought several just because. A while back I started to become far less hohum about this. With Police shootings so often on video now it was a wake up call to me. I had always "heard tales" of some guy soaking up multiple hits with a "serious round". To tell the truth I just did not believe it. figured it was the snow gets deeper school get farther. Then I started seeing one after another of people being shot multiple times by an Officer with his service weapon they they did not just drop. Suddenly 9 rounds did not seem like "plenty". Took to carrying with a 10 round mag so 11 in pistol. Took to using a PCC for "house gun". Looking real, and I mean REAL hard at one of those STI 's in 10mm. Will I ever need it? No. Does not mean I do not want to have it. Some scary what I call"Drug Zombies" running around these days.
As for lasers, I know they get a lot of hate. Don't care, don't have stock in the maker, do have many of them now and LOVE them.

I have been carrying a 1911 many decades now. I for decades was very ambivalent about capacity. Would always carry an extra mag just for the hell of it. When Devel made a mag that held 8 rounds and worked I bought several just because. A while back I started to become far less hohum about this. With Police shootings so often on video now it was a wake up call to me. I had always "heard tales" of some guy soaking up multiple hits with a "serious round". To tell the truth I just did not believe it. figured it was the snow gets deeper school get farther. Then I started seeing one after another of people being shot multiple times by an Officer with his service weapon they they did not just drop. Suddenly 9 rounds did not seem like "plenty". Took to carrying with a 10 round mag so 11 in pistol. Took to using a PCC for "house gun". Looking real, and I mean REAL hard at one of those STI 's in 10mm. Will I ever need it? No. Does not mean I do not want to have it. Some scary what I call"Drug Zombies" running around these days.
As for lasers, I know they get a lot of hate. Don't care, don't have stock in the maker, do have many of them now and LOVE them.

Bangers that have been shot before, or are juiced up on emotion, and tweakers all can soak up the lead.

Yeah, I'd do 10mm if I could. Never wanted to before, but things change. For a few years I carried my Para P14.45, before I had the trigger modded for competition, and I had base pad extensions so I was carrying 18rds +1... and two on the off side (three in USPSA Limited). That's some serious concealment issues right there!! ;)

(Edit: I LIKE BIG GRIPS!!!)

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top