JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What self defense situation would you need a light? A light is certainly good if your going through a building like a cop would do sweeping the area...but self defense??? If there is a threat right in front of you I'm pretty sure your going to know it whether you have a light or not. If you need a flashlight to identify your target your probably not in a self defense situation and can get yourself out of it. The only situation I can think of is if you hear a noise in your home and you go to investigate, but that's not self defense. That's you investigating making sure your not getting robbed and protecting your property.

Ever go out in the dark?

Can't see target? Bad

Happen to have a handheld and you see something that you need to draw on? Ok, now call for help. Wait! No more hands left! Most DGUs don't require
you to shoot. Most people don't run a gun well under stress, much less one handed while manipulating a handheld.

You drop your handheld! Now what?

Ever go out in the dark?

Can't see target? Bad

Happen to have a handheld and you see something that you need to draw on? Ok, now call for help. Wait! No more hands left! Most DGUs don't require
you to shoot. Most people don't run a gun well under stress, much less one handed while manipulating a handheld.

SOL? :)

I myself do not like anything on my carry pistol whether it is a laser light, flashlight, red dot of any kind or any other do dad. That being said this is MY preference and fits my needs in any situation I feel I would be in for self defense. NOW for a range/ backyard pistol that might be a different story and that may be the OP's thought on maybe wanting one.

Hey everyone has different needs and that's why there will always be a "new improved" version of many popular firearms just look at Glocks with all their generations......there I mentioned Glock.......

Ever go out in the dark?

Can't see target? Bad

I just wonder how a non-projecting red dot would help here......

Hmmmmm. :)

What self defense situation would you need a light? A light is certainly good if your going through a building like a cop would do sweeping the area...but self defense??? If there is a threat right in front of you I'm pretty sure your going to know it whether you have a light or not. If you need a flashlight to identify your target your probably not in a self defense situation and can get yourself out of it. The only situation I can think of is if you hear a noise in your home and you go to investigate, but that's not self defense. That's you investigating making sure your not getting robbed and protecting your property.

I am BIG on lights. At night we keep many night lights scattered around. So if we get up for something in the night not stubbing the toe and waking all. Only problem is if power goes out. Where we live now it is shocking how dark it is when power dies. Last time it happened we were watching TV and I had to turn my phone on to find a flash light that was a few feet away. If I wake up and dogs are telling me someone is in the house and power is out? Yes I want to see before I fire. Couple of my "go to" house long guns have lights mounted on them. Also have a couple hand held lights to use with a hand gun. If I hear someone in my home that broke in? That is self defense. People willing to break into an occupied home are going to most often be the most dangerous kind of criminals.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top