JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Like normal it is do as I say not as I do. In California the citizens have to report lost or stolen guns but the police do not and if it is used in a crime the citizens can be punished but the police will not.

What makes politicians and police above the law?

What makes politicians and police above the law?

They have power. It was ever thus. Don't expect it to change. What's the point of having power if you can't escape the consequences of your transgressions, and crush your enemies?

And yet in Cali, if a private citizen lost their firearms they'd be harassed to no end and likely charged with a slew of crimes which would probably bankrupt them fighting in court.

Nonsense. Members of the ruling class are not accountable to us. Virtually all of them are criminals of the highest order, yet what percentage of them ever end up in jail?

People need to understand the difference between "is" and "ought". They "ought" to be held accountable, but they certainly "isn't". Reality is what is important, not pipe dreams.

Nonsense. Members of the ruling class are not accountable to us. Virtually all of them are criminals of the highest order, yet what percentage of them ever end up in jail?

People need to understand the difference between "is" and "ought". They "ought" to be held accountable, but they certainly "isn't". Reality is what is important, not pipe dreams.
Isn't that kind of what I said? :s0092:

When I asked the question I already knew the answer I just do not like to admit I know it.

We have allowed our politicians to lie to us, have better health care, retirement and they can vote in their own raises because we do nothing about it yet we have to pay for it with our hard work and income and then we have to abide to the laws they make in our name and many of these laws they don't and the bad thing is the way the law is written they are the only ones who can vote to change this and you know they won't.

I found out that a member of the house and senate can purposefully lie to the public on the floor and they cannot be held accountable no matter what harm it may cause.

Most police are good folk just trying to do a job and I respect that but they are still citizens and short of a few things they should be required to abide by the same laws that we have to and should be held accountable for the same things I am. They are no better or worse than any other Citizen.

If California, Washington and Oregon decide to make a law allowing only 10 round mags and ban AR15s then that law should apply to all of the state's Citizens including the police and political body guards. If politicians feel we do not need anything more to defend ourselves then why do they?

Same with the law if I lose a gun I have to report it then so should they.

But hay this just my opinion.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads