JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
yea, our capabilities are that good. have been for a long time. its a nonissue.
I'd love whatever you are smoking.

There is no such thing as 100% defense. If russia launched a full scale attack, we would get hit. No, we are not that good or capable to shoot down every incoming nuke.

Sure, Russia's nuclear stock pile is rusty, but out of hundreds there are more than enough to get the job done.

I'd love whatever you are smoking.

There is no such thing as 100% defense. If russia launched a full scale attack, we would get hit. No, we are not that good or capable to shoot down every incoming nuke.

Sure, Russia's nuclear stock pile is rusty, but out of hundreds there are more than enough to get the job done.
If just a few got thru, it would cause a lot of havoc. That is what MAD is all about.

Interesting video of Russian soldier flipping off a drone and then receiving several bombs for his trouble. Position of vehicle is slightly different when bombs hit so bombing probably happened some point after he flipped them off such as later in the day or next day etc. so the claim of "instantly" is incorrect. Still pretty funny though.

I like your positive attitude but how do you know this?
lots of reading on the topic, i guess.. google "us strategic missile defense" and dig in. we have at least three layers of nuclear missile defense - boost phase, orbital phase, and last resort atmospheric warhead defense. our orbital drones can even tell the difference between russia's ancient tech "decoy" warheads and the actual warheads deployed in the orbital phase and only target the actual warheads.

again... we havent spent all of this money nor wasted all of these decades to not have airtight strategic defense, all while the russians all but ceased strategic spending.

I think Putin was "smart" to not call this "special operations" a "war".
I don't think he ever stated a goal of totally conquering Ukraine, no matter what the pundits assumed.

It seems he's taken enough to claim actual "success" for the stated goals.

And, all the while, we wasted our resources "helping" Ukraine do what? You'd have to be relying on assumptions to believe we prevented what we assume he wanted, when in objective reality our help didn't prevent any of the stated goals from occurring.

He literally did kick Nazi butt (Azov regiment) and gained land that's likely never being returned.

And, all the while, we wasted our resources "helping" Ukraine do what? You'd have to be relying on assumptions to believe we prevented what we assume he wanted, when in objective reality our help didn't prevent any of the stated goals from occurring.

He literally did kick Nazi butt (Azov regiment) and gained land that's likely never being returned.
I don't think we wasted our resources. Look at what is going to come out of this:

1) Europe is now well aware that Russia is a threat - not an ally - and they seem to be taking measures to not rely on Russia for energy/etc. - so are many people in the USA who wanted Russia to be an ally, or at least someone we could do business with.

2) Finland and Sweden are applying for NATO membership and will most likely get it.

3) Russia has been severely weakened, both militarily and financially. Putin has been weakened, and may even be replaced or disappeared.

4) The world is now aware that that Russia is nowhere near as strong as it pretended to be.

All this will be true whether Russia accomplishes its goals or not.

I don't think we wasted our resources. Look at what is going to come out of this:

1) Europe is now well aware that Russia is a threat - not an ally - and they seem to be taking measures to not rely on Russia for energy/etc. - so are many people in the USA who wanted Russia to be an ally, or at least someone we could do business with.

2) Finland and Sweden are applying for NATO membership and will most likely get it.

3) Russia has been severely weakened, both militarily and financially. Putin has been weakened, and may even be replaced or disappeared.

4) The world is now aware that that Russia is nowhere near as strong as it pretended to be.

All this will be true whether Russia accomplishes its goals or not.

I don't think more countries being NATO-aligned is a good thing, especially as a US citizen.

The US considers NATO as an ally, as a second set of eyes for liberal democracy, but the last thing I want is NATO spreading. I see it as a functional, well implemented form of globalism.

It's also ineffective against truly nefarious states.
Just allows consolidation of power...

I don't think more countries being NATO-aligned is a good thing, especially as a US citizen.

The US considers NATO as an ally, as a second set of eyes for liberal democracy, but the last thing I want is NATO spreading. I see it as a functional, well implemented form of globalism.

It's also ineffective against truly nefarious states.
Just allows consolidation of power...
As long as we are part of NATO and as long as Russia is a threat, a more unified NATO is a good thing. Having the countries on Russia's border be NATO aligned is a good thing too - it means Russia will think twice before attacking NATO aligned countries.

In short - Si vis pacem, para bellum

Status

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class