JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wrth gors! It's the native language of the British mainland before the Romans arrived, and until at least the late 700's. By that time the incursive tribes from Northern Europe had moved in and interbred, when they weren't slaughtering - until most of them were Christianised. At which point only the Welsh were left speaking it...ironic, really, since the Welsh didn't call themselves Welsh, but Cymbri. The word 'welsh' comes from the Anglo-Saxon word 'waelsc' - pronounced 'welsh' and means 'foreigner'. So the invaders call the natives 'foreigners'......hmmmmmmmmmm.

The Angles, from Friesland and that part of the mainland Europe, settled mostly in Eastern Britain, and in the end there were just so many of them that people started referring to Aenglaland - England. Where I live is the bit that sticks out on the right of the big island - East Anglia. The foks that lived in the North gave us North-folk - Norfolk. In the South, South-folk - Suffolk. Even further South and East, Essex, from Aesternsaetan.

I shot my Ruger Precision Rimfire rifle for the first time today. After zeroing in the scope I shot this 5 shot group at 50 yards using $2.99 a box CCI Standard Velocity ammo. Don't blame the rifle. I'm not an expert marksman. It was very cold and I was wearing gloves because my hands were freezing, so that affected my ability to feel the trigger. I'm sure a better shooter under better conditions using better ammo could do better. There were a few failures to feed but it is a brand new rifle so it might need more time breaking in. I have the bolt set up for a long throw like a centerfire rifle so it isn't super short and slick but it isn't like dragging it over gravel either as you have heard. I think it is worth the $370 I paid for it on sale at Sportsman's Warehouse.

mE2QLKX.jpg

TuLacwF.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top