JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Of course. Nobody lumped the Tikka into the $10k club brother. But it ain't no RA. That's for damn sure.

But people are comparing a RA with a rifle that costs twice as much. Just saying.

I go to the range with my BIL who has a custom rig built off a Rem 700 action that I think has about $5k into, and I'm slumming a Ruger American (both in 6.5CM) that I did a little upgrading to. We can both hit the same targets out to 1k yds. His rifle can definitely do it a tad easier, but not on a scale that matches the price increase. Its the same deal with RA and Tikka. Is the Tikka twice the rifle as the RA like the price should reflect? I don't think so. Thats just my opinion.

I think that the quality of product for the price that Ruger offers is a game changer. Again JMO.

Clown money is still money, I guess. I missed the part where you specified wood only, because I drink.

P
If I'm pillar bedding and glass bedding... Its wood. And it costed me well under $100 to do it myself. No idea how much a smith would charge to do it.

And FYI, its cart pusher money. Clowning is my volunteer job.

But people are comparing a RA with a rifle that costs twice as much. Just saying.

I go to the range with my BIL who has a custom rig built off a Rem 700 action that I think has about $5k into, and I'm slumming a Ruger American (both in 6.5CM) that I did a little upgrading to. We can both hit the same targets out to 1k yds. His rifle can definitely do it a tad easier, but not on a scale that matches the price increase. Its the same deal with RA and Tikka. Is the Tikka twice the rifle as the RA like the price should reflect? I don't think so. Thats just my opinion.

I think that the quality of product for the price that Ruger offers is a game changer. Again JMO.

First off we all drink! Beer in my hand as I type. Second If you put money into your Ruger you could have bought a Tikka. Tikka's aren't that much money. In fact a RPR is more money and for damn sure not worth it. o_O

First off we all drink! Beer in my hand as I type. Second If you put money into your Ruger you could have bought a Tikka. Tikka's aren't that much money. In fact a RPR is more money and for damn sure not worth it. o_O
RPR is tacticool and not worth it when you could do that with any other rifle, that one would be better off custom building anyways.

The money I put in to it was a Steel Warne 20 MOA base and a laminate stock with adjustable cheek weld. still would have had to do it with a Tikka.

The money I put in to it was a Steel Warne 20 MOA base and a laminate stock with adjustable cheek weld. still would have had to do it with a Tikka.
I will say I did order a 20MOA base for mine today. Needed for the distances I plan on shooting it.

All seriousness here guys I have nothing against Ruger rifles. Shoot I've owned plenty. And I have nothing against anyone here either. But I know the difference between a Tikka and a RA. First hand real world experience. And I know what shoots better.

All seriousness here guys I have nothing against Ruger rifles. Shoot I've owned plenty. And I have nothing against anyone here either. But I know the difference between a Tikka and a RA. First hand real world experience. And I know what shoots better.

Come this way sometime. The Mica range has a groundhog silhouette at 720. We'll see if it can tell the difference.;)

The only reason we are comparing the two is the OP started this thread tikka vs ruger. Once again the RAR are shooters. It's all personal preference, and little bit more $.
But to buy the next level up as mentioned earlier such as "hawk eye" and having to take it home and work the action to be smoother. Sorry ruger Gtfoh.

The only reason we are comparing the two is the OP started this thread tikka vs ruger. Once again the RAR are shooters. It's all personal preference, and little bit more $.
But to buy the next level up as mentioned earlier such as "hawk eye" and having to take it home and work the action to be smoother. Sorry ruger Gtfoh.

Exactly. Probably not a fair comparison TBH.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top