JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ive got a tikka and a ruger. Dead dear cant tell the difference:D . They are both great guns and just fine for hunting.
For sure a Dead deer can't tell the difference.
But I'm not buying a new rifle to take home And work on it so it's feels like I think it should.
Would you buy a brand new domestic car Just to take it home and work on something so it would work or feels as good as the import?

But I'm not buying a new rifle to take home And work on it so it's feels like I think it should.
Would you buy a brand new domestic car Just to take it home and work on something so it would work or feels as good as the import?
I would buy a brand new import to turn into a sleeper car like I would a domestic car. What difference would it really make? :confused:

At least the Ruger will actually work without working in it, and at least Ruger will help the customer.

That being said, regardless of what rifle I get I'm going to be pillar bedding it, glass bedding, and possibly floating it. Sounds like I'm working on a rifle already.

I have all American branded cars. I just prefer it. I actually like my RA better than my sako or my kimber. The little 308 is light and shoots a pretty close group.I haven't done anything to it other than scope it with leopold VXH and a timney.. If i fall again I wont have to worry about messing up an expensive gun:D

Last Edited:
I would buy a brand new import to turn into a sleeper car like I would a domestic car. What difference would it really make? :confused:

At least the Ruger will actually work without working in it, and at least Ruger will help the customer.

That being said, regardless of what rifle I get I'm going to be pillar bedding it, glass bedding, and possibly floating it. Sounds like I'm working on a rifle already.

Huh. You do know that all that stuff isn't necessary to shoot sub MOA if you just buy a quality rifle to begin with right? All the fancy free floating, glass bedding in the world makes ZERO difference if the clown behind the trigger can't shoot.

Pun intended.

Guys that buy Rugers are just mad they didn't save up and buy Tikkas.

True Story.

And guys that buy Tikkas for a precision rig, probably should just save up and build off a Surgeon or Defiance action.;)

How far you wanna go with it?

For a hunting rifle, that you plan on beating up and will put a hole right where you want it, RA is a fantastic choice. Yep a Tikka is a bit nicer and a little more refined, depends on what you are looking to get out of your rifle, and the money you wish to spend.

And guys that buy Tikkas for a precision rig, probably should just save up and build off a Surgeon or Defiance action.;)

How far you wanna go with it?

For a hunting rifle, that you plan on beating up and will put a hole right where you want it, RA is a fantastic choice. Yep a Tikka is a bit nicer and a little more refined, depends on what you are looking to get out of your rifle, and the money you wish to spend.

Ok. Having personally spent time with a Tikka, an RPR and an RA I'll definitely take your word for it. :rolleyes:

Ok. Having personally spent time with a Tikka, an RPR and an RA I'll definitely take your word for it. :rolleyes:

Me too, and a few $10k plus custom rifles, there's always something nicer out there. Like I said, just depends on what you are looking to get out of it and the $$$ you want to throw down.:rolleyes:

Me too, and a few $10k plus custom rifles, there's always something nicer out there. Like I said, just depends on what you are looking to get out of it and the $$$ you want to throw down.:rolleyes:

Of course. Nobody lumped the Tikka into the $10k club brother. But it ain't in the same "league" as a RA. That's for damn sure.

I own both! Hands down the Tikka is a better rifle. Smoother action better barrel all the way around.

Anyone that says otherwise has never had the pleasure of shooting a Tikka.

Cause its something to do and helps when you have a wood stock that gets wet occasionally.
Huh. You do know that all that stuff isn't necessary to shoot sub MOA if you just buy a quality rifle to begin with right? All the fancy free floating, glass bedding in the world makes ZERO difference if the clown behind the trigger can't shoot.

Pun intended.
You do know that quality of rifle won't matter if the stock is wood? Float and glass bed help it a lot, rather than just using oil. Pillar bedding is because one should do that if they're gonna do the rest. Something I'd do regardless of what rifle I get, but I guess we didn't read that part did we? :rolleyes:

Cause its something to do and helps when you have a wood stock that gets wet occasionally.

You do know that quality of rifle won't matter if the stock is wood? Float and glass bed help it a lot, rather than just using oil. Pillar bedding is because one should do that if they're gonna do the rest. Something I'd do regardless of what rifle I get, but I guess we didn't read that part did we? :rolleyes:

No, I had no idea that wood stocks had any affect on a rifle. :rolleyes:

Of course. Nobody lumped the Tikka into the $10k club brother. But it ain't in the same "league" as a RA. That's for damn sure.
Who said they are?
No, I had no idea that wood stocks had any affect on a rifle. :rolleyes:
Wood gets wet, wood can change. Nothing new. So... Yeah regardless of rifle, if its sporting wood stocks I'm doing that.

Clown money is still money, I guess. I missed the part where you specified wood only, because I drink.

P

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads