JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
To an extent they are.

To the common man, who has not filed proper paper work to purchase an NFA item manufactured before 1986 cannot. To the vast majority of people out there to delve into the NFA paperwork process is beyond their mental capacity or interest to understand the process. However I do agree, neither knows anything about firearms. But I'd rather put my money on Romney for pro-gun rights than Obama.

I'll have to use the NRA as a decisive interpretation of which candidate will be better for our rights. NRA backs Romney, and after hearing the lies and BS from Obama about his actions on Fast and Furious, as well as the Libya ( blame YouTube ) approach to blame....

We now see where this country is heading, less rights, more fights for freedom.

Romney has a point, the massive price manipulation caused by the Hughes amendment means there is essentially a de facto ban on full auto weaponry. Much like the SCOTUS ruling that the DC handgun registration rules were so obtuse that it constituted a de facto ban on handgun ownership.

I'll have to use the NRA as a decisive interpretation of which candidate will be better for our rights.

facepalm.gif

Romney has a point, the massive price manipulation caused by the Hughes amendment means there is essentially a de facto ban on full auto weaponry. Much like the SCOTUS ruling that the DC handgun registration rules were so obtuse that it constituted a de facto ban on handgun ownership.

I agree with your sentiment but I highly doubt that Romney has a clue about NFA weapons.

Is there some better organization that will atleast have the balls to question authority?, or are you implying the NRA doesn't mean bubblegum?

Please explain the face palm on where you think there is a better organization capable of getting Americans in the know about losing gun rights or gaining them.

NRA is far from perfect, but it sure beats most Americans views of just ignoring the issues and coin tossing.

Everyone needs to remember that MA has some of the toughest laws in the nation, not as bad as NJ/NY, but not anything like the paradise (yes comparatively speaking we are in paradise) that we have here..

He flip flops all the time, lets just hope if he gets in that he remembers the NRA backing and leaves things alone. I was just glad that he at least got away from the mis-use of the term assault weapons, and said Automatic weapons in an attempt to clarify. Makes me think maybe he does know or has been coached to know that AR's and the like are not assault weapons..

Is there some better organization that will atleast have the balls to question authority?, or are you implying the NRA doesn't mean bubblegum?

Please explain the face palm on where you think there is a better organization capable of getting Americans in the know about losing gun rights or gaining them.

NRA is far from perfect, but it sure beats most Americans views of just ignoring the issues and coin tossing.

Stop looking for someone you can pay to tell you what to think.

baaaah

Is there some better organization that will atleast have the balls to question authority?

On a national level, you have orgs like GOA and NAGR, state levels you have groups like OFF and RMGO.

The NRA has sold gun owners out so many times in the last decade or two it isn't even funny - they are bought and sold daily and anyone considering them to have any semblance of the strength and structure they once represented is either blind or stupid (or both maybe?). IMO they have become what most unions and orgs have, bloated and fat off the money of their contributors/members and left feeling like they are entitled. When was the last time you heard them draw a line in the sand that protected any normal citizen or our rights and liberties as a whole? And done so with any believable vigor? I am talking about things that actually affected yours and my rights - and not just their "big money" contributors interests. But hey, as long as you are a "legitimate" sportsman happy with the bolt action and single shot weapons you are "allowed" to possess, "GO NRA!" LOL.

(there wasn't THAT much sarcasm in the previous statements)

In a sense Romney is correct if you think about it....even if you want to pay the tax, you cannot register a NEW full auto.

In the state that Romney was gov of, you cannot even own an old one...(and quite a few other states too)

AND

In trying to make Ob look like an uniformed butt...that is a good answer.

At least their views are in the open. I still don't trust Romney, but I do trust Ob to do the WRONG thing for me.

Well, misconception about legality is one thing, but what do you guys think about the :

Romney said:
We of course don't want to have automatic weapons, and that's already illegal in this country to have automatic weapons.

I want to have automatic weapons. So I am not part of the "we" ?

The NRA has balls?

Are you fing serious?

The organization that lobbied Reagan to sign FOPA, banning all post-1986 weapons, making NFA guns a rich man's hobby?

The NRA which opposed Heller Tooth and Nail every step of the way?

THAT NRA?

The Same NRA which since the black dude got elected has lost not one second inserting themselves as far up the GOP backside as possible and making our civil rights a partisan political issue? THAT NRA?

Oh, HELL YEAH, let's all get behind those guys, they clearly care about the issue and not anything else..(like fundraising)...

The NRA has balls?

Are you fing serious?

The organization that lobbied Reagan to sign FOPA, banning all post-1986 weapons, making NFA guns a rich man's hobby?

The NRA which opposed Heller Tooth and Nail every step of the way?

THAT NRA?

The Same NRA which since the black dude got elected has lost not one second inserting themselves as far up the GOP backside as possible and making our civil rights a partisan political issue? THAT NRA?

Oh, HELL YEAH, let's all get behind those guys, they clearly care about the issue and not anything else..(like fundraising)...

To be fair, NRA was sure they would get a favorable ruling from the courts overturning that part of the bill. They did file a lawsuit like intended, but lost. I think they intended well, but overestimated their control over the situation.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top