JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
For some reason I keep coming back to rimfire. Not for hunting or defensive purposes, just for the joy of shooting. Can't really put my finger on why. It's not the lower cost, lack or recoil, or availability of centerfire guns (I have way more of them). Nope, they just are the most fun to shoot IMHO.

Like a fool, I've sold/traded too many good rimfire guns over the years. Now I want them back. All of 'em!

No such luck. :s0058:

Give me a decent rifle and/or pistol, a brick of good 'ol .22LR, and some golfballs and I'm a happy guy. My wife says I'm a cheap date. I must be getting old!

I love shooting the .22lr. I get I do the rapid fire like they do in he movies and I am able to keep it on target. Cheap fun and great for training. Builds muscle memory well. Plus you can get your spouse and children into shooting without worrying about the recoil. I too have traded away my rim fire guns and man I miss them alot. Luckily my buddy has a bunch of them so I can get my fix when needed :)

Some people make fun of how much I shoot .22's but I like it too. I like it cause they are fun, but also because of the lower cost and noise (especially with silencers). I put in way more trigger time because of that which makes me a better shooter in the long run. About 25% of my collection is .22's.

How about a Winchester 1903, Winchester Model 1903 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Try finding ammo for this :(

DSC_0062.jpg

How about something a little more modern, CMMG upper with Spikes lower.

DSC_0004-4.jpg

Something a little quieter, Ruger 77/22 with Gemtech OB2

DSC06840.jpg

Something a little cooler, Kimber 1911/22 with Gemtech OB2

DSC04443.jpg

Those are a few of my favorites.

I for got to add belt fed is always a plus too,

DSC_0090.jpg

Dang,didn't know about that Savage Tactical rifle .! kewl !!!
I take 2 or 3 rimfires to the range every trip,and they all get some trigger time.cheap and fun to shoot,and the kids love 'em.

Can't have a rimfire thread without mentioning the Ruger 10/22 and 22/45.

Both are just lovely firearms and the 10/22 has so many options for modifications that its impossible to not own a couple if not many.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top