JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Okay, I've got targets/entries from: Legs, NoBullSKS and GI Jew 555. If someone else has a target in the mail that is postmarked BEFORE Tues., Apr 4th, let me know and I'll hold off scoring until Mon., Apr 10th.

So far, out of a possible, perfect score of 40:
Legs: 34 pts (I almost deducted 5 points for using a Janice Joplin postage stamp*, but, it wasn't in the rules, so, oh well...)
NoBullSKS: 27 pts
GI Jew 555: 21 pts

Awesome shooting guys!

* I'm a child of the 60s so her music makes me cry...

For those who don't know a Postal Match is one where the organizer creates and posts a target and the competitors print it out, shoot according to the instructions, mail it to the organizer and win cash and prizes. (Okay, maybe just a token prize)
If it's not obvious, it would depend upon honesty and integrity, (quit giggling) on the part of the participants and the organizer/administrator.
If there's enough interest, I would like to initiate and organize the first round.

The target is at post 13. Be sure to write your user name on your target.
I used to shoot in NRA sponsored "postal" matches many years ago. They were fun. The issue now a' days is finding a place that will allow you to shoot at a reasonable cost.

I used to shoot in NRA sponsored "postal" matches many years ago. They were fun. The issue now a' days is finding a place that will allow you to shoot at a reasonable cost.
We just pay a family membership unlimited range time….. whole family and 5 guest passes? minus when NRL22 takes rifle range 6 hours one Saturday a month.

Covered outdoor

Shotgun clay games…. Members still have to pay $6.25 a round (25 clays)

But overall I'm pleased with RFGC…. Close to home….$185 annually

If you shot there more than 6 times a year, walking in off the street…. Should have bought a membership.

Okay, the official winner is "Legs" with a score of 34 shooting at 50 feet.

His prize is a new Magpul magazine for AR15 rifle.
After I'm done with the Klamath Falls gun show I'll post up another contest with a different target.

Thanks for all the responses!

How cool... Thank you...! I had figured some youngster with sharp eyes would have taken the prize. Maybe next time.
To keep things interesting we winners should disclose what firearm we were shooting with. I have an old Jap Tasco 6x24 scope on my old, but highly modified Savage MkII, and it will not focus under 50 feet, so that was my target range. Power was 8. Shooting suppressed with Gemtech subsonic match ammo.
This is my general pest rifle for around the claim, dispatching starlings, collared doves and rodents. It has ventured to the sage rat killing fields with me and has taken its share.

20230410_112141_copy_1382x740.2.jpg

Last Edited:
M&P 15-22 , little AR trainer setup for my daughter with a red dot / green dot and backup irons. Federal value pack ammo I believe, shooting position was standing and at the 10 yards/ 30ft target range.. Nice shooting Legs, maybe I'll get you on the next one.

62C508F2-4F68-4669-93C7-4329441152CE.jpeg

Just getting myself signed up for this thread. Hopefully I'll get an email alert when the next match happens.
Congrats on winning the first round Legs. :s0155:

Guess the other players disclosed even though I didn't win. It was fun. Should'a ,would'a , could'a ….. I won't cry about. Because I had fun and'll play again. Except I won't shot at 30' again with this optic.

Ruger 10/22
SHAW bull barrel
Norma Match
Sig Buckmaster 3-8 x 50
Magpul stock…. Bipod

949B2359-AF55-44BC-866E-DB290536E6D7.jpeg

Status

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA