JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm guessing I'm "Whatshisname".

I went to CHP Academy right out of high school. I dropped out after a couple weeks seeing the kind of dipsh!ts I'd be working with, plus the kind of crap they wanted us to pull to rack up our arrest numbers. Not for me.

Working in the gun industry, I came across a lot of officers from different walks of life. Not all bad, but not the best examples of the population either. Lots of holier-than-thou attitude, some of which you're displaying now.

The ATF being a stellar example of that relationship.

It shocks me that alleged 2A supporters pick and choose which other bits of the constitution they deem important.

Exactly what 'team' are we on?

If they would just learn the constitution they are allegedly upholding, we wouldn't have these issues.
That's the same guy who likes to tell people "you don't belong here" as if it's his own personal forum and generally attack members and sometimes all the members at once. I'm really surprised he hasn't been banned. I can't say anymore without violating rule #1 (a rule he seems to violate a lot).

Not all bad, but not the best examples of the population either. Lots of holier-than-thou attitude, some of which you're displaying now.
A bit hypocritical to expect that the variety of folks working in LE shouldn't reflect the variety of people and attitudes in the generation population, eh?
The ATF being a stellar example of that relationship.
Guessin' you don't know anyone currently working in LE who's ever expressed their opinion of folks in that particular bureau, eh?
It shocks me that alleged 2A supporters pick and choose which other bits of the constitution they deem important.
If I'm reading this sentence correctly, on that we agree.
If they would just learn the constitution they are allegedly upholding, we wouldn't have these issues.
Given that you haven't written anything in this thread detailing anything about your encounters with law enforcement, I can't respond to this. I can tell you that most of the folks I've worked with over the past couple decades had a much clearer understanding of the Constitution thanthe average citizen. Or the average internet forum anonymous poster...

@Yarome did a pretty good breakdown in an earlier post about the actual numbers of citizen-police interactions that you may want to go back and review.

At this point, I'm ready to conclude that some here just want to bubblegum for the sake of bubbleguming.

Last Edited:
Yeah, only 30 years. Well aware of the DOJ consent decree and the history. Of course, I only worked 17 years in the law enforcement community up here after retiring from the military (having also worked a few years as a reserve cop in SoCal and elsewhere as well as a short stint as a deputy sheriff before going on active duty), so I'm sure my knowledge pales in comparison to yours and the rest of the anonymous brain trust that constitutes this forum membership.

My point was taking exception to whatshisname's post about needing only to have the ability to fog a mirror to become a cop these days. Utter horse poop. But I know that those predisposed to the anti-LE bias neither know nor care what the requirements are these days to enter the field, y'all want to believe that crap, have at it, your opinions don't keep me awake at night.

It's truly ironic that so many alleged supporters of the 2nd Amendment and the RKBA, supposed stalwarts of the movement, believe that they have to maintain an adversarial relationship with law enforcement personnel when the reality is that we're all on the same team.

But if turning a five-minute encounter on the roadside with a cop who pulls you over for doing 74 in a 55 zone into an uncomfortable thirty minute or one hour mess makes you feel as though you are displaying your credentials as a master supporter of your Constitutional rights, go for it. Just be honest when telling us how that worked out for you. And then 'splain please, how you have advanced the cause of supporting the Second Amendment and the Right to Keep and Bear Arms and made the rest of the law-abiding gun-owners in America look good.
Dunno, been around cops my whole pre-adult life. There is only 2 types of people that become cops. Those that want to help people, and those that crave authority. Which were you?

When the conversation goes something like, "Where are you coming from?" Answer, "These are not my pants."...a good officer is going to try and find out what is in the pants that are not his (yes, criminals say this when they have dope in their pockets).
Yeah, the average citizen has zero comprehension about the stupid crap we had to deal with. If one found a pistol under the seat in a car owned and driven by a convicted felon, it was always, "That ain't mine. I let my cousin drive my car last week." The bag of weed or meth in the pocket? "What?!! That ain't mine -- my brother borrowed these pants last week" or "I never seen that! You planted that ****!"

One time this dude said, "You just pulled me over 'cause I'm a black guy with a white woman" -- in the middle of a rainstorm on a dark moonless night, no streetlights, totally blacked-out car windows... All righty, then...

Yeah, the average citizen has zero comprehension about the stupid crap we had to deal with. If one found a pistol under the seat in a car owned and driven by a convicted felon, it was always, "That ain't mine. I let my cousin drive my car last week." The bag of weed or meth in the pocket? "What?!! That ain't mine -- my brother borrowed these pants last week" or "I never seen that! You planted that ****!"

One time this dude said, "You just pulled me over 'cause I'm a black guy with a white woman" -- in the middle of a rainstorm on a dark moonless night, no streetlights, totally blacked-out car windows... All righty, then...
Those aren't my pants :s0140:

There is only 2 types of people that become cops. Those that want to help people, and those that crave authority. Which were you?
Not sure where you've spent your "whole life," but those who become cops because they "crave authority" are few and far between. Maybe it's a regional thing... Certainly nowhere I've ever worked. Cops that "crave authority" are typically weeded out within the first year or so of their employment.

Nevertheless, it's sad that you feel that you can break down career and life choices in such a simplistic fashion.

Not sure where you've spent your "whole life," but those who become cops because they "crave authority" are few and far between. Maybe it's a regional thing... Certainly nowhere I've ever worked. Cops that "crave authority" are typically weeded out within the first year or so of their employment.

Nevertheless, it's sad that you feel that you can break down career and life choices in such a simplistic fashion.
That answers my question in a round about fashion.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top