JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a Norinco type 56 that I'm looking to sell. Can I even do that anymore, here in WA because of current/recent gun control laws?

Thanks in advance if anyone can help me wade through the BS
Not to another WA resident. If you ever go out of state? You can. You can take it to a dealer in another state that will sell it on commission or just buy it out right from you. Put it up on one of the auctions and sell it out of state that way. Any of the guns they cut off are only legal for us here to keep and use (for now) but not to sell to others here.

The seller can ship it to the ffl holder or take it there. It still has to transfer through his books as a normal in/out
So if I understand what you're saying, I could meet my buyer at an ffl in say, pdx. Then the ffl would hold on to the firearm pending transfer and the buyer would come back to that ffl to pick it up once it cleared.

So if I understand what you're saying, I could meet my buyer at an ffl in say, pdx. Then the ffl would hold on to the firearm pending transfer and the buyer would come back to that ffl to pick it up once it cleared.
Yes. There are no interstate private party transfers of any gun allowed by law at least. It always has to transferred through a dealer who logs it into his books like any other acquisition and out like any other gun..

There are a few small exceptions federally, but many states' laws would prohibit the transfer even if federal law allowed it.

There are a few small exceptions federally, but many states' laws would prohibit the transfer even if federal law allowed it.

Thats their state, not another state. All private party transfers interstate are not allowed besides as mentioned bequeathal exemption. Loaning is not a transfer.

Thats their state, not another state. All private party transfers interstate are not allowed besides as mentioned bequeathal exemption. Loaning is not a transfer.
No, read it again. Interstate.

IMG_4280.jpeg IMG_4279.jpeg IMG_4278.jpeg

No, read it again. Interstate.
I think you're confusing the words intrastate and interstate. Perhaps you'd like to cut and paste your point because its not there in my eyes and I read it 20 or so times and really know it pretty well already.

"A person may transfer a firearm to an unlicensed resident of their state, provided the transferor does not know or have reasonable cause to believe the transferee is prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms under federal law. There may be state laws that regulate intrastate firearm transactions. A person considering transferring a firearm should contact their State Attorney General's Office to inquire about the laws and possible state or local restrictions."

Last Edited:
I think you're confusing the words intrastate and interstate. Perhaps you'd like to cut and paste your point because its not there in my eyes and I read it 20 or so times and really know it pretty well already.
No, I'm not. Read the excerpts from 18 USC 922 I posted above.

No, I'm not. Read the excerpts from 18 USC 922 I posted above.
I read it. The only transfer exemptions listed are for bequeathal and loaning or renting. Perhaps you could cut and paste the passage you think applicable cuz Im not seeing it. If you leave someone a firearm when you die it can transfer interstate in probate. Otherwise no. A transfer is the same as a change of ownership and renting or loaning are not transfers.

If I understand what you're saying then, I need to do an in-person, interstate FFL transfer and/or ship to an out-of-state FFL so that the buyer can get it from the FFL?
Since you live close to the border the classifieds here might work. One member from south of us already asking. Can't hurt to put up some shots of it and see if maybe you can drive down and meet an OR buyer.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews