JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Fook the BS but didn't everyone anticipate something like this would happen?

Pinned 14.5s and 16s have always been good enough for me. If I had gotten into 300 BLK it might have been different.

I guess I always figured braces would eventually be classified by .gov as a means to backdoor SBRs. So I never bought one.

I should have been more clear. I was supposing we are talking about pistols MADE to be pistols, as in registered as such.
The laws are confusing. I just wanted to make clear that the length of the barrel doesn't determine the classification of a handgun. If you have a 40 inch barrel on a G17 pistol you still have a G17 pistol.

Right. Good luck telling a disabled vet he can no longer carry his loaded stabilized 1911 in his vehicle with him.👍

Maybe they will make up an exemption and issue a placard to be displayed around the neck or stapled to their foreheads.....

1EDB22FB-220A-4DA4-BD35-41408331461A.jpeg

Conversations, like in this thread, are a PRIME example as to why the ATF needs to go away. Or at the very least...select individuals within that organization! :mad:

Dan

What about traveling to other states? SBRs need notification. Shouldn't be necessary, not that I agree with the proposal. With Washington's 10 rd limits, I'll stick with handguns.
Mag capacity you mean? The destination state laws would apply.

What about traveling to other states? SBRs need notification. Shouldn't be necessary, not that I agree with the proposal. With Washington's 10 rd limits, I'll stick with handguns.

Mag capacity you mean? The destination state laws would apply.
The YT channel, "Washington Gun Law" has covered this and said (to the effect) "importation for sale or new magazines over 10-rds for permanent residency is "prohibited" but could be argued that it does not address a non-resident "passing through".

It's only a matter of time before this law falls to the SCOTUS Bruen decision.

Interesting. Rumors that the ATF is wanting to propose a change to the rifle definition?

View attachment 1280997

Does that mean that the whole pistol brace/SBR issue would be made moot and effectively make braced pistols "rifles" instead of an SBR? Hu, what now??
These are not rumors. It is not new. That is the language of the proposed brace ban that they took comments on (June 2021). Some of us have been talking about this specific passage and rifle redefinition for over a year here. I won't dig up all the old posts but I've said it at least 10 times as I can recall. I pointed it out over and over at the time when they were asking for comments (2021).

Two big problems with this:

1) ATF (executive branch) is trying to change the definition of a rifle that was set by Congress (legislative branch) in the 1935 NFA which is massive over-reach and a violation of separation of powers.

2) they are trying to define what a rifle is based on something you attach to a pistol. That's like redefining your cat based on what sweater your dog is wearing.

Last Edited:
Two big problems with this:

1) ATF (executive branch) is trying to change the definition of a rifle that was set by Congress (legislative branch) in the 1935 NFA which is massive over-reach and a violation of separation of powers.
Yup. EPA vs W. VA should render this unenforceable and null and void, but we'll see.

2) they are trying to define what a rifle is based on something you attach to a pistol. That's like redefining your cat based on what sweater your dog is wearing.
Well. There's history of this type of thing. See "attaching a vertical foregrip to a pistol" that apparently classifies it as an AOW :rolleyes: also see "Lightning Link/Drop in Auto Sear kits" that turns ordinary ARs into "illegal" MGs (only illegal if you don't have a specific FFL SOT and also only if it's post 1986 manufacture :rolleyes: )

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top