JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just caught a video by Guns and Gadgets (linked below) talking about how the ATF has just announced (also linked below) an amnesty period to register "ALL" pistol braced firearms.

My assumption is that this has everything to do with the new AW Ban that is still in the Senate since it does outlaw braces unless NFA'ed. I suppose they are assuming that the bill will pass.

Last Edited:
1662151685499.jpeg

I tell you what you can tax this D*CK!

Just another guns and gadgets scare video
I heard from a guy who heard from a guy. In the same video he's claiming the ATF is doing this to raise money from tax stamps then he's saying the tax stamps will be free. Then he claims the totally unsubstantiated number of pistol braces out in the wild which would be 10% of all guns in the US which is ridiculous. The ATF says 3-7 million which is about right. MAYBE 10% decide to SBR them Maybe.

Ammoland is reporting the ATF has requested funding for the tax stamps and registry. If you are planning on doing some SBR's this would be the most inexpensive path IF this gets approved.

For the record, I'm against the new interpretation or even having SBR's as part of the NFA, But, at the same time I'm happy to take advantage of anything I can get.

It may be another scare tactic but I doubt it.

When they came out with the brace rule and posted it for questions it pretty much eliminated all braces and made them into SBRs with a statement at the end saying even if your gun did pass it could all change at any time.

This administration hates you as a gun owner and hates the fact we have a 2A so it will do anything to make owning a gun a crime or have you live in fear of getting caught with something that could put you in jail, that was legal just days before.

The AFT re-launched the form 4 E-file in December stating average time would be 90 days for silencers this year and by next year down to just 30 days. Well in less than 8 months of operation the average time is up to 6 months, not 90 days and it's getting longer as we go.

What will the wait times be if you just add 1 million folks trying to do form 1's in say a 6-month amnesty time frame, you maybe waiting years for your tax stamp. Just my opinion.

I guess we will see….

It may be another scare tactic but I doubt it.

When they came out with the brace rule and posted it for questions it pretty much eliminated all braces and made them into SBRs with a statement at the end saying even if your gun did pass it could all change at any time.

This administration hates you as a gun owner and hates the fact we have a 2A so it will do anything to make owning a gun a crime or have you live in fear of getting caught with something that could put you in jail, that was legal just days before.

The AFT re-launched the form 4 E-file in December stating average time would be 90 days for silencers this year and by next year down to just 30 days. Well in less than 8 months of operation the average time is up to 6 months, not 90 days and it's getting longer as we go.

What will the wait times be if you just add 1 million folks trying to do form 1's in say a 6-month amnesty time frame, you maybe waiting years for your tax stamp. Just my opinion.

I guess we will see….
Potentially it could put you in an administrative limbo where you can never use the firearm until it gets approved by someone who doesn't want to.

My take-away from that vid said nothing about the ATF announcing an amnesty. Just that he was speculating there may be one, inferred from an obscure one line mention of one in a related document, and that he was speculating that it would make sense based on what they did with MG's back in the day.

Truth is, no matter what the ATF does or doesn't say in the interim. It'll be what it is when and if it happens and may or may not exactly resemble anything previously mentioned. Of course, that is subject to change even after the fact, too.

Personally, I simply don't get the whole SBR thing to begin with. Yeah... back in the day it was a "gangster thing" and they needed the laws for additional prosection. These days... it seems completely irrelevant and is no more "dangerous" than any other wide array of pistols or rifles.

No point to the classification other than simply being one more excuse to put people on their registry and make bank, IMHO.

My take-away from that vid said nothing about the ATF announcing an amnesty. Just that he was speculating there may be one, inferred from an obscure one line mention of one in a related document, and that he was speculating that it would make sense based on what they did with MG's back in the day.

Truth is, no matter what the ATF does or doesn't say in the interim. It'll be what it is when and if it happens and may or may not exactly resemble anything previously mentioned. Of course, that is subject to change even after the fact, too.
They (ATF) should be abolished.
Personally, I simply don't get the whole SBR thing to begin with. Yeah... back in the day it was a "gangster thing" and they needed the laws for additional prosection. These days... it seems completely irrelevant and is no more "dangerous" than any other wide array of pistols or rifles.
When the current issue Army carbine is a 14.5" (SBR!) M4 with 3 round burst(MG!); and the marksmen and snipers have free access to suppressors; yeah there's no logical reason that civilians cannot be afforded the same access to them by strict 2A interpretation.

No point to the classification other than simply being one more excuse to put people on their registry and make bank, IMHO.
Indeed

A Texas court just put the Frames and Receivers new rule on hold, the DOJ has till Sep 8th to respond. The court says the AFT does not have the authority to make law and change definitions only congress does.

If this holds up it could also change how the AFT rules on arm braces will go down, as well.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top