JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's not a big deal. Not everything is a conspiracy.
IMHO, ANY form of infringement or registration is a big deal. Having a photo allows them, at any point and time in the future, to potentially lock in that configuration, force a reassessment if altered and even potentially revoking the privilege they so graciously granted you (vs. a right).

Call it fearmongering, but there where plenty of people trying to put it all down to bunk about 10rnd mags, AWB's, FRT's, braces, 80% frames/receivers, shipping sevice bans, red flag laws, etc.... and look where we are now.

The more you give, the more they'll try to demand.

None of it's truly about public safety... which is what gun laws/restriction are "supposed' to be for, right? So in that sense, the narrative they are trying to sell vs. the real motive for more power and control could certainly appear like a conspiracy. ;)

IMHO, ANY form of infringement or registration is a big deal. Having a photo allows them, at any point and time in the future, to potentially lock in that configuration, force a reassessment if altered and even potentially revoking the privilege they so graciously granted you (vs. a right).

Call it fearmongering, but there where plenty of people trying to put it all down to bunk about 10rnd mags, AWB's, FRT's, braces, 80% frames/receivers, shipping sevice bans, red flag laws, etc.... and look where we are now.

The more you give, the more they'll try to demand.

None of it's truly about public safety... which is what gun laws/restriction are "supposed' to be for, right? So in that sense, the narrative they are trying to sell vs. the real motive for more power and control could certainly appear like a conspiracy. ;)
Yeah, I'd call it fearmongering..As in textbook fearmongering.

Yeah, I'd call it fearmongering..As in textbook fearmongering.
The solution.... bury our heads in the sand, live only in the moment and blindly follow with the trust that the government leading us around by the noses has our best interests at heart?

Like chess. If we aren't looking forward at future possibilities, being alert to potential dangers ahead and coming together as a community to preserve/restore what we have..... the games already lost.

Call it whatever you like for effect.:s0155:

I wouldn't fall for their free tax stamp crap.... they want photos of your gun and this is just registration. Amazing how much 2A people claim they will not comply and then with each new infringment they all bend at the knee and comply
If you have purchased the gun in Oregon since 2015, and it is not an 80% build you put together, then they already have enough info on it in their computers. They don't need a photo to gather that data, they already have it.

36wubku0v1m91.jpg

It's just their thing now. Their system takes photos online and they're using it. They did the same thing with form 1 cans . It's not a big deal. Not everything is a conspiracy.
There's nothing conspiracy about a photo of your personal property being taken and registered..... it's the realty and you seem to be ok with that. I"m not ok with giving Govt more power and control. It's the principle of the matter. Not to mention unconstitutional to begin with.

There's nothing conspiracy about a photo of your personal property being taken and registered..... it's the realty and you seem to be ok with that. I"m not ok with giving Govt more power and control. It's the principle of the matter. Not to mention unconstitutional to begin with.
Yes, Its registered. Its the NFA. How long did you think they were going to let this braced pistol thing go on? Deep down insuide I still think theyre going get forced by the courts to abandon this whole thing and theres going to have to be a major shakeup of the NFA here is a few years and some parts you'll like . Some parts you really wont. Its dumb crap that you knew was going to force their hand at some point like pistol braces that are going to bring it all to a head. Am I going to register braced pistols? I will build some just to get that free stamp. Hell to the yeah because above and beyond I am pragmatic.

Personally, if I had an AR/AK "pistol" I would remove a brace (if present - I don't have any AR/AK pistols) if the law required it be registered as an SBR, whether that registration were free or not (the $200 is not a big deal to me).

If I were intending to build an SBR anyway (one with a buttstock, not a brace) then I would take advantage of the opportunity - but I have not really felt the need (I prefer bullpups anyway).

One of the biggest issues to me with Sbring something, even if it's free (which I doubt it will be because "amnesty" = "forgiveness of a crime/chance to register an "illegal" gun", and does not equal "fees waived" imo) is that when it comes time to sell it u have lots of hurdles to get over.

A regular gun you can just transfer. Meet at ffl, basic background check. Boom, done. Easy peasy.

An sbr requires the buyer to trust that the seller will follow through after the long wait process (1 year?) before it can be transferred. And the seller has to trust the buyer will follow through after the long wait. What if someone gets hit by a truck, moves, has a life change? What if the new buyer is not approved by ATF? Etc. It makes it more risky and its no longer the simple process of meet at ffl, transfer, done.

Or if using an ffl as an intermediary things that could go wrong come into play such as will they still be in business? will they take the gun out and shoot it during the one year(?) wait etc. does ffl have a fee for this intermediary service? Will it be difficult to get the gun back if something goes wrong? Etc. Remember the instance where we have a member here who left the gun with an ffl for work to be done and many months later the ffl tried to sell the gun? Things like that are rare but can happen.

Also the number of buyers is more limited because many buyers won't want to mess with the sbr application process, fingerprints, $200, photos?, etc. Also some buyers won't want to have the gun federally registered so will move on to another gun that they don't have to register.

So I would consider all possible complications before sbring a gun. Some poeple might be ok with those complications, while others may not.

For me an appropriate analogy is car sales. I've had around 500 cars in my lifetime and a cardinal rule for me is don't buy a car without a title in hand (or legit paperwork from the auction). This has saved me tons of worry and fuss. If you buy a car with the promise of the lost title will be coming in x months (or similar outstanding loose ends) then that introduces a whole set of risks that may result in you having to fight to get the title or perhaps never get it. Believe me things can and will go wrong between the time promises are made and things are finalized, especially if money has changed hands.

Just food for thought. Do whatever makes sense to you but I think being aware of all the factors before deciding can be helpful.

Last Edited:
One of the biggest issues to me with Sbring something, even if it's free (which I doubt it will be because "amnesty" does not equal "fees waived" imo) is that when it comes time to sell it u have lots of hurdles to get over.

A regular gun you can just transfer. Meet at ffl, basic background check. Boom, done. Easy peasy.

An sbr requires the buyer to trust that the seller will follow through after the long wait process (1 year?) before it can be transferred. And the seller has to trust the buyer will follow through after the long wait. What if someone gets hit by a truck, moves, has a life change? What if the new buyer is not approved by ATF? Etc. It makes it more risky and its no longer the simple process of meet at ffl, transfer, done.

Or if using an ffl as an intermediary things that could go wrong come into play such as will they still be in business? will they take the gun out and shoot it during the one year(?) wait etc. does ffl have a fee for this intermediary service? Will it be difficult to get the gun back if something goes wrong? Etc.remember the instance where we have a member here who left the gun with an ffl for work to be done and many months later the ffl tried to sell the gun? Things like that are rare but can happen.

Also the number of buyers is more limited because many buyers won't want to mess with the sbr application process, fingerprints, $200, photos?, etc. Also some buyers won't want to have the gun federally registered so will move on to another gun that they don't have to register.

So I would consider all possible complications before sbring a gun. Some poeple might be ok with those complications, while others may not.

For me an analogy is car sales. I've had around 500 cars in my lifetime and a cardinal rule for me is don't buy a car without a title in hand (or legit paperwork from the auction). This has saved me tons of worry and fuss. If you buy a car with the promise of the lost title will be coming in x months (or similar outstanding loose ends) then that introduces a whole set of risks that may result in you having to fight to get the title or perhaps never get it. Believe me things can and will go wrong between the time promises are made and things are finalized, especially if money has changed hands.

Just food for thought.
And then there is the issue of transfer of NFA items to descendants.

Sure, if you have a trust, and you put your heirs into that trust, then it isn't an issue.

But if you are trying to keep your descendants off any gov lists regarding firearms, then it becomes an issue - one that I generally do not want to have my kids have to deal with - possibly in less than a decade. They would most likely want to not have to deal with owning NFA items - even more so with the hassle of selling them.

Another thing I think about is what if the ATF declaring them "illegal" (when they previously said they were legal) is nullified by the courts? Then a whole bunch of firearms that didn't need to be registered are now registered and the owners now have to deal with complications they otherwise would not have to.

And then there is the issue of transfer of NFA items to descendants.

Sure, if you have a trust, and you put your heirs into that trust, then it isn't an issue.

But if you are trying to keep your descendants off any gov lists regarding firearms, then it becomes an issue - one that I generally do not want to have my kids have to deal with - possibly in less than a decade. They would most likely want to not have to deal with owning NFA items - even more so with the hassle of selling them.
Form 5 transfer. Free and just takes a copy of the will . No probate needed unless you just want to go through probate

Another thing I think about is what if the ATF declaring them "illegal" (when they previously said they were legal) is nullified by the courts? Then a whole bunch of firearms that didn't need to be registered are now registered and the owners now have to deal with complications they otherwise would not have to.
Better hurry up and get that stamp in then huh?

what's funny is all the gimmicks used to skirt the LAW

Atkins accelerator first a spring then no spring,
bumb stock
brace
FRT
and so on
all with the design to skirt the law's on the books,
one FRT is designed in such a way that there is no one shot ability's
it's all or nothing,

if you keep poking the bear, why are you surprised at all that he is bringing a club?

George Orwell called he want's his double think back!

Long shot, very long shot but if the SCOTUS decides that NFA 1934, GCA1968, Hughes Amendnent, and pretty much all the State level gun control laws are unconstitutional and thereby nullified and voided, and all enforcement enjoined/prevented? What then? What can the ATF do? Or Congress for that matter...

Long shot, very long shot but if the SCOTUS decides that NFA 1934, GCA1968, Hughes Amendnent, and pretty much all the State level gun control laws are unconstitutional and thereby nullified and voided, and all enforcement enjoined/prevented? What then? What can the ATF do? Or Congress for that matter...
Wouldnt bet on that. Theyve previously ruled them constitutional and not on the "privacy" reason. More likely is an examination and overturn of
"rules" not based on the letter of the law. That includes the ruling that allowed braces in the first place. Thats why I think there will be a call to overhaul the NFA in Congress and it wont all be good news.

I'm just over here drinking my Black Rifle Coffee and looking at my gorgeous SBR with a suppressor on it smiling. Today is a good day.

If you have purchased the gun in Oregon since 2015, and it is not an 80% build you put together, then they already have enough info on it in their computers. They don't need a photo to gather that data, they already have it.
By that logic then they don't need a photo ;) and people you don't need an 80% to build your own firearm.... you can buy a receiver and the rest is up to you. There's no records of the parts bought to create. So I have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

By that logic then they don't need a photo ;) and people you don't need an 80% to build your own firearm.... you can buy a receiver and the rest is up to you. There's no records of the parts bought to create. So I have no idea what the hell you're talking about.
I am talking about the serial number of the firearm; if you bought a stripped receiver after 2015, there will be that record in a DB somewhere (assuming you did the transfer according to the law).

If you built from scratch using an "80%" receiver, then no records of it (before the new frame/receiver rules went/go into effect).

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top