JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I saw this and decided it would be worth a try for several reasons...on sale for 299.99
IFC .410 ARU AR-15 Upper Receiver with Aluminum Rail- $349.99
IT came quickly and fit right on an AR-15 Lower. With new 2-1/2" shells it worked , but with reloads that were resized it didn't work or wouldn't chamber the shell and jammed up. After making some measurements I discovered the chamber was on the "Too tight" side, probably due to a worn reamer during Manufacturing. I ran a reamer in and brought it to proper size and now it feeds any brand shell and AA Reloads. I am loading some 3+1 00buckshot rounds and they are pretty accurate and blow big holes all the way thru steel drums. Will be testing slugs as well. So other than a tight chamber , it functions flawlessly and will be a good "assault rifle" ban get around since its a shotgun.
Herds of possums and armadillos don't stand a chance now !
Rich

Very interesting.

Looks like a fun little gun.

I've seen the ATI and always liked it.

I just watched a YouTube on it and it seems like it's well thought out. I wonder if you could shorten the barrel for an SBR lower.

MVC-031S.JPG
Oh, that's boss!! I gotta get one!!!!!!
I said the same thing !... So I did ! lol

Last Edited:
I remember reading about the .410 upper several years ago. They were a European work around due to civilians not being able to buy semi-automatic rifles. I almost bought one and then the MKA 1919 12ga. came out. :eek: :D

I remember reading about the .410 upper several years ago. They were a European work around due to civilians not being able to buy semi-automatic rifles. I almost bought one and then the MKA 1919 12ga. came out. :eek: :D
Yes sir ! I have Data to load a 210 gr. .410 cast lead Lee TL bullet in a 2.5 inch shell and ballistics appear to be similar to a 41 mag !

After some research, placing a short barrel shotgun upper on an SBR lower is a no go.
You'd have to form 1 a different lower just for a shotgun short barrel.

I have an Ar-15 SBR lower and was just wondering in you could shorten the shotgun barrel and still be legal.
From a Gun Law Attorney....
"The configuration noted on the Form 1 is the configuration in which the SBR must be 'manufactured' and is considered the 'primary' configuration. However, you may switch out the upper as you see fit once it is registered as an SBR so long as the change would not put the resulting firearm into a different NFA category such as SBS.

I should note that the ATF requests that you notify them if you are going to make a permanent change in the primary configuration. But this is a request only and does not currently have a regulation giving it the force of law."

So the answer is no..

I have an Ar-15 SBR lower and was just wondering in you could shorten the shotgun barrel and still be legal.
If it wasn't "purchased or manufacture with" a stock on it, you could "probably" (I'm NOT the NFA!) get in on the same non-nfa "Firearm" designation as the Shockwave and TAC-14/-13 - IF- you put only a handgrip (ike a "Bird's Head") on it, and keep that OVER 26" OAL.
Some even add a brace &/or folder- - but watch the news for changing legality!!

Update- Then again, you definitely SHOULDN'T use the "registered SBR" lower for that! Buy a new ("multi-caliber") lower.. They're cheap.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads