JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looks like an obvious "complacency can kill scenario" and the most obvious example of weak side easily drawn fixed blade knife so that when the officer was maintaining control of the pistol with his right hand he could have been stabbing and slashing the perp continuously with the left.

Some folks were advocating for that really pointedly in another thread. What put this guy in danger from the get go though was complacency. Being that close to the perp did nothing for him and only put him at a disadvantage to react. (Which is what happened).

I also see the issue where most police / perp interactions are ones of compliance, and when they encounter someone who is physically strong, athletic, and non compliant, the ability to get control of that person without shooting them is questionable at best.
Absolutely. Everyone should have a weak side weapon of some kind on them when they're carrying. If the perp had been punching him instead of grabbing the gun, he'd be hospitalized or dead right now.

Absolutely. Everyone should have a weak side weapon of some kind on them when they're carrying. If the perp had been punching him instead of grabbing the gun, he'd be hospitalized or dead right now.
Gets sticky in Seattle. Fixed blade knives are verboten, but here's a funny catch. You could wear a folder, locked open and sheathed… so what's the point (besides idiots write laws)

Looks like an obvious "complacency can kill scenario" and the most obvious example of weak side easily drawn fixed blade knife so that when the officer was maintaining control of the pistol with his right hand he could have been stabbing and slashing the perp continuously with the left.

Some folks were advocating for that really pointedly in another thread. What put this guy in danger from the get go though was complacency. Being that close to the perp did nothing for him and only put him at a disadvantage to react. (Which is what happened).

I also see the issue where most police / perp interactions are ones of compliance, and when they encounter someone who is physically strong, athletic, and non compliant, the ability to get control of that person without shooting them is questionable at best.
Members here say there is no purpose in carrying a blade on your weak side. It's just too much to carry….. and if you do you're just paranoid.

This cop could have jammed a blade in the perps neck/ribs/inside thigh and I promise you the dude would have let go. It would have been 100% justified.

I just carry a fixed blade and take a sharpie and draw a locking mechanism on the handle. It identifies as a "locked open folder."

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top