JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sadly these are the kind of officers LE Agencies are looking for now.
He does seem too "nice" for the role of a police officer.

Here's a glimpse of the other side of that coin. Always makes me grin.

F1C3A0B9-0080-412D-811B-740DF6E9C9E9.jpeg

He does seem too "nice" for the role of a police officer.

Here's a glimpse of the other side of that coin. Always makes me grin.

View attachment 1434589
I had first hand experience with this when I got out of the Marines in 2017. Tried becoming an officer and was continually told I wasn't "people oriented" or "friendly enough" and because of the political climate I would be in the captains office on a regular basis and they couldn't afford that. I applied at over 10 different agencies from up past Portland down to Salem and independence.

Eventually I realized that it was not the profession for me and in a way it was a blessing. You couldn't pay me enough to be a cop in Oregon now. No way.

I had first hand experience with this when I got out of the Marines in 2017. Tried becoming an officer and was continually told I wasn't "people oriented" or "friendly enough" and because of the political climate I would be in the captains office on a regular basis and they couldn't afford that. I applied at over 10 different agencies from up past Portland down to Salem and independence.

Eventually I realized that it was not the profession for me and in a way it was a blessing. You couldn't pay me enough to be a cop in Oregon now. No way.
Keep yourself and your skills sharp for as long as you can.

My guess is we're going to need men who can fight in the near future. The world is losing its ever-loving mind.

Probably the best option if you ever change your mind is to join one of the tribal police forces, and then lateral transfer after a few years.

An old coworker of mine was ex marine and he was rejected by a few departments too. He is a personable guy and no way aggressive. He was told he scored too high on aptitude tests or some line of horse manure.

The flip side of the too nice a cop (which I will add had to be divinely delivered from rounds penetrating the bad guy) is this story from a few days ago.

Tyrant cop that doesn't even respect the 1st amendment of the people to peacefully protest and speak truth (or at all).

The flip side of the too nice a cop (which I will add had to be divinely delivered from rounds penetrating the bad guy) is this story from a few days ago.

Tyrant cop that doesn't even respect the 1st amendment of the people to peacefully protest and speak truth (or at all).
AmeriKa is the modern day Sodom and Gomorra…. It's going to be raining down burning sulphur and brinstone…

Lord have mercy…

I picked up a used LEO retention holster for a Beretta 92 many years ago. I didn't even have a real concept of what aa retention holster was at the time no less how they worked. It took a a good bit of practice to get the motion down to get my Beretta out of that holster while I was wearing it. The quicker I tried to draw the less chance there was of getting it out smoothly. I am pretty sure I would not be able to get it out of the holster if someone else was wearing it. I still have the holster but the motion has left my muscle memory. I am positive if I put the holster on today I would have no where near a smooth draw.

I picked up a used LEO retention holster for a Beretta 92 many years ago. I didn't even have a real concept of what aa retention holster was at the time no less how they worked. It took a a good bit of practice to get the motion down to get my Beretta out of that holster while I was wearing it. I am pretty sure I would not be able to get it out of the holster if someone else was wearing it. I still have the holster but the motion has left my muscle memory. I am positive if I put the holster on today I would have no where near a smooth draw.
People like to bag on SERPA holsters, but you never forget how to use them, and it's easy (to me at least) to train yourself not to shoot yourself. They're only level 1, and some folks recommend at least level 2 for open carry, but all of my OC holsters are level 1. It's good enough for me: I don't open carry much and when I do, I don't go to stupid places.

AmeriKa is the modern day Sodom and Gomorra…. It's going to be raining down burning sulphur and brinstone…

Lord have mercy…
I heard Jon Courson talking about the US being "Mystery Babylon", a few years ago, and it was an old sermon to boot. Pretty compelling argument though. The more I read, and as days go by, it seems more and more feasible. We are definitely in the days of Lot...

It is great to see the cops doing their job professionally and responsibly! I'd buy the cops a cold beer after their shift if I were there. I don't see how this has anything to do with retention holsters though?

Last Edited:
Looks like an obvious "complacency can kill scenario" and the most obvious example of weak side easily drawn fixed blade knife so that when the officer was maintaining control of the pistol with his right hand he could have been stabbing and slashing the perp continuously with the left.

Some folks were advocating for that really pointedly in another thread. What put this guy in danger from the get go though was complacency. Being that close to the perp did nothing for him and only put him at a disadvantage to react. (Which is what happened).

I also see the issue where most police / perp interactions are ones of compliance, and when they encounter someone who is physically strong, athletic, and non compliant, the ability to get control of that person without shooting them is questionable at best.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top