JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
At this point it is great to see all these groups united under a common cause. If I'm not mistaken, the Oregon hunters Asscoaition (OHA) also filed.

They filed in a joint effort with the NRA. Probably because they (OHA) had raised money at an event to file an appeal but don't have an attorney. Likely they're splitting costs with the NRA, in trade for utilizing NRA's legal resources. But that's just observation.

As well as the NRA, from an email received today:

The National Rifle Association today announced the filing of a joint legal challenge with the Oregon Hunters Association to contest the state of Oregon's Initiative Petition 43, which seeks to ban commonly owned semi-automatic firearms and standard-capacity magazines.

"Banning the most popular style of semi-automatic firearms and standard capacity magazines is a violation of the Second Amendment," said Chris Cox, executive director of NRA's Institute for Legislative Action. "Misleading voters into believing that these type of bans will have any effect on violent criminals is reckless and dangerous. Proposals like these give criminals the upper hand against law-abiding gun owners."

If passed, Initiative Petition 43 would ban semi-automatic firearms including rifles, pistols and shotguns, based only on their cosmetic features. It would also ban standard-capacity magazines and semi-automatic firearms with a fixed magazine holding more than 10 rounds of ammunition. Anyone in legal possession of these firearms or magazines would be required to sell, surrender, register, or remove them from the state.

"Measure 43 is the most serious assault we've ever had on our right to hunt or defend ourselves with the firearm of choice," according to Paul Donheffner, legislative chairman for the Oregon Hunters Association. "This measure would prohibit the use of most semi-automatic guns on all public lands in Oregon. This is a major impact on hunting, target shooting or carrying a gun for self-defense while being on public lands."

The initiative must receive 88,184 valid signatures by July 6 in order to appear on the November ballot.

As well as the NRA, from an email received today:

The National Rifle Association today announced the filing of a joint legal challenge with the Oregon Hunters Association to contest the state of Oregon's Initiative Petition 43, which seeks to ban commonly owned semi-automatic firearms and standard-capacity magazines.

"Banning the most popular style of semi-automatic firearms and standard capacity magazines is a violation of the Second Amendment," said Chris Cox, executive director of NRA's Institute for Legislative Action. "Misleading voters into believing that these type of bans will have any effect on violent criminals is reckless and dangerous. Proposals like these give criminals the upper hand against law-abiding gun owners."

If passed, Initiative Petition 43 would ban semi-automatic firearms including rifles, pistols and shotguns, based only on their cosmetic features. It would also ban standard-capacity magazines and semi-automatic firearms with a fixed magazine holding more than 10 rounds of ammunition. Anyone in legal possession of these firearms or magazines would be required to sell, surrender, register, or remove them from the state.

"Measure 43 is the most serious assault we've ever had on our right to hunt or defend ourselves with the firearm of choice," according to Paul Donheffner, legislative chairman for the Oregon Hunters Association. "This measure would prohibit the use of most semi-automatic guns on all public lands in Oregon. This is a major impact on hunting, target shooting or carrying a gun for self-defense while being on public lands."

The initiative must receive 88,184 valid signatures by July 6 in order to appear on the November ballot.
Great! More support from big organizations the better for Oregon.

Does anyone know if GOA or RKBA filed objections with the Oregon Supreme Court today?

Now is a good time for us to dig a little deeper and support these organizations financially, as they gird up to do battle to protect our rights.

Let's show our strength as firearms owners, let's send a clear and concise message to those who want to trample on the Constitution...

Does anyone know if GOA or RKBA filed objections with the Oregon Supreme Court today?

Now is a good time for us to dig a little deeper and support these organizations financially, as they gird up to do battle to protect our rights.

Let's show our strength as firearms owners, let's send a clear and concise message to those who want to trample on the Constitution...
Start sending messages. I've joined a few groups in the PNW. Time to join some of these groups and send messages asking for support. I haven't seen anything from the Oregon Gun Owners (OGO) .

Just joined OOC and fixing to join OFF!
Also for anyone reading the best place to start is right in your town. Contact your local elected representative and that includes the sheriff. The sheriff is the highest law officer in the county. Sheriffs can remove federal agents from a
County. Many sheriffs oppose gun laws. The sheriff of Washington county opposes new gun laws. Express your concerns and it's free.

Also for anyone reading the best place to start is right in your town. Contact your local elected representative and that includes the sheriff. The sheriff is the highest law officer in the county. Sheriffs can remove federal agents from a
County. Many sheriffs oppose gun laws. The sheriff of Washington county opposes new gun laws. Express your concerns and it's free.
Yup, I luv's me some Pat Garrett. I'll stick around in Washington County, just as long as he's our Sheriff...

Yup, I luv's me some Pat Garrett. I'll stick around in Washington County, just as long as he's our Sheriff...
It's startleing to read about the huge amount of sheriffs that oppose and do not enforce gun laws. Many say it endangers their deputies to go after some one who might have a banned "high" capacity magazine. So the sheriff says no-way. Oregon spends $30 million a year enforcing current gun laws, could you imagine the cost of something like IP43 would pass. I would turn red if I knew my tax dollars went to pay for a state trooper to go to someone's house in Rome, OR to confiscate a 15 round magazine. Many counties in Oregon have a single deputy. Anyhow just ranting

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews