JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks for the comments Salted Weapon, fd15k and kenboy.

I am not against CC. I think all American citizens have the right to open carry or concealed carry without the governments permission. Its our right! Was, we let them regulate it away from us.

I am against the governments rules and regulations imposed on us instead of us being able to do what I think is our 2nd Amendment right. You know, we read posts of people here at NWFA that say stand up for the 2nd. Do not let the government pass mandatory background checks, national firearms registry, so called assault weapons bans, no more face to face firearms sells, etc... But how easy the governments need for the CHL is overlooked.

As far as not being enough advocates to repeal the CHL. Well, maybe if more of the firearms community as a whole would start speaking out against the CHL infringement then maybe the "Big Names" would address that concern as well.

What I posted above is the reason I will attend the firearms rally.

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

It does not read the need for a CHL anywhere in The Bill of Rights! It does say...SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!

Just for the fun of it. What does it really take not to ask permission from the government for 2A activities.

1) Do not buy any factory-made firearms.

It's a given a lot of people don't buy from the gun stores. But the people they're buying from at some point bought
them there, thus government permission was involved at some point, and firearm is eventually traceable to you.

2) Do not obey any carry restrictions.

Carry concealed or open where ever you need to, whichever way is convenient. Post Offices and Court Rooms ? Well, 2A doesn't
know boundaries, right ?

3) Ignore restrictions on types of arms.

2A doesn't say you can't have a machine gun or RDX, so naturally you're entitled to those. Just got to make
them at home, so no government permissions are involved.

I hope I got it all right :)

A definite crackpot.....................Go for it, we'll watch...

You need to grow up !

It's funny when a person with a mental capacity of a twelve year old tells one to grow up.

My post was to illustrate that refusal to get a CHL on the grounds of it being a "permission slip from the government" is hardly
a principle, but more like an excuse. I have listed various other aspects that are missing from the equation.

And by the way, I have built firearms at home, which makes me one step closer to using 2A without a permission
from the government :D

Washington County Oregon:

My permit expires on June 4th. When should I apply for a renewal? If I apply earlier than June 4th, is that a problem?

Good Morning Patrick,
Thanks for your question. Approximately 5 weeks prior to the license expiration we will send you a renewal reminder, at that time you will want to contact us to schedule an appointment.

See you in the spring.

Sincerely,

Paige Smith
Concealed Handgun Licensing Unit Supervisor
Washington County Sheriff's Office
Phone: (503) 846-2521
215 SW Adams Ave, MS-32
Hillsboro, OR 97123

For what its worth...just say no to reapplying for your a 2nd Amendment permission(the CHL). Open carry without any ammunition like the rest of us non-CHL permission slip carriers has to do. Sometimes its very hard to stand up and fight for your rights.

I understand the point you are making, but just what good would an unloaded gun do? If it's for a political statement, that is all fine and good, but I carry for my protection and that requires a loaded gun.

Don't get me wrong, I wish we didn't have to get a CHL to exercise are God given rights, but I also wish the majority of my salary wasn't taken away by force... there's nothing I can do about that either.

My post was to illustrate that refusal to get a CHL on the grounds of it being a "permission slip from the government" is hardly
a principle, but more like an excuse.

It is the principal of the thing to me. Yes bcdon, my refusal to get the CHL is my personal statement. I think the idea of the need for a CHL is totally unconstitutional. The CHL and all it stands for is against our 2nd Amendment right. We should not need to ask our government for a permission to exercise our right. fd15k, I have taken the CC class and have the certificate for Oregon and Arizona. All I have to do is submit the application, have my background checked, wait for 6 months until I can finally see the sheriff, Pay the fee, get my finger prints recorded and have the interview. I can do all of that if I choose. I choose not to because I believe the whole idea of it goes against my freedom and my right. So the laws here in Oregon lets me open carry my firearm loaded. I guess they read somewhere that CC is not my constitutional right. So they took that right away from me. Certain citys and as of 2013 Multnomah county has decided to make me take my ammunition out of open carry right leaving me defenseless. Did I break any laws? NO.

So it boils down to this for me. They pass laws. The CHL is a bribe. We are given the bribe, the permission to exercise our right. We can not do what it already our right. We take firearms classes, pay fees, wait for an extreme amount of time for an interview which states that that in of itself is against the law, we go threw other rules and regulations that the government places on us. Just to exercise your right!!!!!!! Cant you see? The government has taken your 2nd Amendment rights away from you. I think some one, maybe it was you fd15k, posted that the CC law was passed like 25 years ago. Well, we all know of laws that where passed that are unconstitutional. Why not fight to get it repealed? Why just keep on lining up for the CHL. That reminds me of that picture we say of those guys lining up in Connecticut to register their firearms and magazines. Do you guys see what you yourselves are doing? You are registering yourselves. When you get that CHL permission you are giving them everything they need to come and get you if they decide to. But go ahead and hate me, put me on your ignore list, go ahead and think I am against you CHL carriers. I am not! I am only trying to open your eyes. Don't we talk about how the other people in other states let the government take their firearms rights away? The CHL took your freedom away and replaced your rights with rules and regulations. You will have to reapply ever 4 years for the permission. Does that sound like a right? I know it would be hard to no longer have the ability to arm yourself. Without the CHL permission you will be able to exercise your 2nd Amendment rights freely. Well, its not freely, you will see just how your right have been infringed. Maybe that would give you and the firearms community the kick in the rear to demand the true 2nd Amendment right reinstated to all. I fear many of you want do it. Most of you want do it. You will keep yourself in that pot of boiling water. The government has the heat set just right. You know you should not be in there but the government lets you do things you cant outside of their pot. Well, one day the government may decide to turn up the heat. I bet many of you will just stay in the pot. Many of you will jump out but they know who you are, where you live and what firearms you got. The data base is full of your CHL guys information. They got you, you guys just don't seem to notice it yet.

I think some one, maybe it was you fd15k, the CC law was passed like 25 years ago.

25 years ago the law was amended to provide for unconditional issuance of CHL. Prior to that issuance of CHL's was discretionary.
I am still trying to find the date when concealed carry became prohibited in Oregon. Likely we're talking early 1900's or late 1800's.

It will be quite interesting if the practice was banned before Oregon became a state, as it would introduce a completely different
spin on the constitutionality. But will see... went to the Library today at lunch, they have those old Oregon Law publications stashed
in a special room that is not open today.

25 years ago the law was amended to provide for unconditional issuance of CHL. Prior to that issuance of CHL's was discretionary.
I am still trying to find the date when concealed carry became prohibited in Oregon. Likely we're talking early 1900's or late 1800's.

It will be quite interesting if the practice was banned before Oregon became a state, as it would introduce a completely different
spin on the constitutionality. But will see... went to the Library today at lunch, they have those old Oregon Law publications stashed
in a special room that is not open today.

Okay, here is a follow up (thanks to Google books) :

No person may carry concealed weapons

The Codes and General Laws of Oregon 1892

I will try to look to even earlier sources later.

You got that right. Nothing like exercising a constitutional right, Well, I guess that is how the state sees it.

Now the million dollar question, is it worth it? The cops that harass you have zero ability change the law, so other than going around without the ability to defend yourself, what are you achieving by carrying an empty gun with an empty mag? You aren't even allowed loaded stripper clips in MultCo...

Now the million dollar question, is it worth it? The cops that harass you have zero ability change the law, so other than going around without the ability to defend yourself, what are you achieving by carrying an empty gun with an empty mag? You aren't even allowed loaded stripper clips in MultCo...

Well, if Oregon passes a law that requires you to register all of your firearms and ammunition will you? Or will you stand up for what you believe to be your rights?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top