JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I understand the point you are making, but just what good would an unloaded gun do? If it's for a political statement, that is all fine and good, but I carry for my protection and that requires a loaded gun.

Don't get me wrong, I wish we didn't have to get a CHL to exercise are God given rights, but I also wish the majority of my salary wasn't taken away by force... there's nothing I can do about that either.

So what are you gonna do about it? Just renew the CHL when the time comes? How about fighting for what you believe in?

You guys can do anything you want - as long as you are willing to accept the consequences of that choice - choose to carry concealed without a permit - the men in blue may have a problem with that. I myself will choose my enemies and personally dont want to get into a fight over it with the police when I can legally do what I need to do with a minor amount of work.. No, I dont like having to get my permits anymore than the next guy Good luck on your decision.

You guys can do anything you want - as long as you are willing to accept the consequences of that choice - choose to carry concealed without a permit - the men in blue may have a problem with that. I myself will choose my enemies and personally dont want to get into a fight over it with the police when I can legally do what I need to do with a minor amount of work.. No, I dont like having to get my permits anymore than the next guy Good luck on your decision.

I am not requesting that people break the law and CC without a CHL. I am suggesting that people not roll over so easily with their rights. If you disagree with having to get the CHL then why not start to fight against it?

So it boils down to this for me. They pass laws. The CHL is a bribe.
But go ahead and hate me, put me on your ignore list, go ahead and think I am against you CHL carriers. I am not!

I agree, the CHL is a bribe we pay to get to exercise our rights, no doubt about it, and it would bother me if we lived in an honest society where the rule of law was actually followed. However, I view this as simply "render[ing] to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s." Sure, it's a copout but 'tis what it is.

BTW, I don't hate you and I don't think you are against CHL guys. :)

It is not worth throwing away what rights I have simply to prove a point when doing such provides nothing but losing my long term gun rights. I beleive that laws are created for a reason and though I dont like them does not give me a right to completely disregard the law. If you wish to change the law you typically dont start by becoming a criminal first.

I agree, the CHL is a bribe we pay to get to exercise our rights, no doubt about it, and it would bother me if we lived in an honest society where the rule of law was actually followed. However, I view this as simply "render[ing] to Caesar the things that are Caesar's." Sure, it's a copout but 'tis what it is.

BTW, I don't hate you and I don't think you are against CHL guys. :)

I am not against the CHL holders. I am here fighting with you guys. I am just trying to open your eyes to what you are doing when you get the CHL. We can never reverse the bad laws if we just keep buying into them.

It is not worth throwing away what rights I have simply to prove a point when doing such provides nothing but losing my long term gun rights. I beleive that laws are created for a reason and though I dont like them does not give me a right to completely disregard the law. If you wish to change the law you typically dont start by becoming a criminal first.

I bet the founding fathers had to persuade people who thought just like that. Yes King George put rules and regulations on the colonies and they where livable, But others stood up for what they believed was right and it brought them freedom.

Yea, I hear you. Perhaps you didn't read the initial query to this thread though.
Beat your stupid drum elsewhere in other words.

I did. "My CHL expires in August. How soon should I apply for a renewal? It's Clackamas County, BTW. "

My answer....Do not do it. Do not renew the CHL. I am pretty sure zig does not like having to get the CHL so why not make a stand?

So you actually think that our founding fathers were so bold that they never ever followed any rules that they did not like. It was only at a point where those laws were so obtrusive that they made a decision that something had to change. Tell you what go ahead and carry concealed without a permit - get caught and let us know how that works out for you and how you are able to change that law on your own. Just maybe I will follow your lead after it works out so good for you.

So you actually think that our founding fathers were so bold that they never ever followed any rules that they did not like. It was only at a point where those laws were so obtrusive that they made a decision that something had to change. Tell you what go ahead and carry concealed without a permit - get caught and let us know how that works out for you and how you are able to change that law on your own. Just maybe I will follow your lead after it works out so good for you.

No. We all have to follow laws if we like them or not or pay the consequences. When they take the ammunition away from the open carries firearms then that is an infringement. I am not advocating CCing without a permit.

Please reread what I have posted in this thread, its pretty obvious what I am saying. Please reread them.

They where bold enough to stand up for what they believed in.

"When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation. ..."

I did. "My CHL expires in August. How soon should I apply for a renewal? It's Clackamas County, BTW. "

My answer....Do not do it. Do not renew the CHL. I am pretty sure zig does not like having to get the CHL so why not make a stand?

Again, who are you making a stand against?
The Oregon Supreme Court? Nope, you haven't filed a lawsuit.

The State Legislature? There's a good chance that you wrote your representative, and donate to O.F.F.

The cop that harasses you? He could care less, he's just enforcing the laws on the books.

The average Joe that doesn't know anything about guns, but sees you as a threat merely for having a gun? You didn't do anything to convince him of allowing open carry, other than trying to close that loophole.

Again, who are you making a stand against?
The Oregon Supreme Court? Nope, you haven't filed a lawsuit.

The State Legislature? There's a good chance that you wrote your representative, and donate to O.F.F.

The cop that harasses you? He could care less, he's just enforcing the laws on the books.

The average Joe that doesn't know anything about guns, but sees you as a threat merely for having a gun? You didn't do anything to convince him of allowing open carry, other than trying to close that loophole.

No I havent filed a law suit. I am too poor.
Yes I have written my representatives and I continue to vote.
Its not about the cops.
Its not about the average joe who does not know anything about firearms.

Do you or do you not think you should be required to get the CHL?

If you think that you should not have to get it then why not make a stand. Do not renew it and never get one again.

Same goes for the people in Connecticut. Do they believe they should be made to register their firearms and magazines? If not then make a stand.

Same goes for the people of New York. Do they think that its constitutional for the government to take away their firearms and rifles that hold more then 5 cartridges? If not then take a stand!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top