JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They where bold enough to stand up for what they believed in.

"When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation. ..."

Then standup - get caught like I stated early and make your stand - what do you think the outcome will be? I have respect for the fact that you are willing to type what you believe in and will have more respect once you actually do what your adivocating, however - what do you really think the outcome will be? If I was a betting man and you actually decided to carry without a permit I suspect that what rights you have now would be drastically reduced when you did get caught and secondly the law is not going to change. In a perfect world what you state should be true but certainly you are old enough to understand that what should be is not what is always. I always had more respect for those that actually do what they profess - good luck.

Then standup - get caught like I stated early and make your stand - what do you think the outcome will be? I have respect for the fact that you are willing to type what you believe in and will have more respect once you actually do what your adivocating, however - what do you really think the outcome will be? If I was a betting man and you actually decided to carry without a permit I suspect that what rights you have now would be drastically reduced when you did get caught and secondly the law is not going to change. In a perfect world what you state should be true but certainly you are old enough to understand that what should be is not what is always. I always had more respect for those that actually do what they profess - good luck.

I said that I was not advocating concealed carrying without a permit.......Never mind I guess.

Do you or do you not think you should be required to get the CHL? If you think that you should not have to get it then why not make a stand. Do not renew it and never get one again.

How does walking out the door unprepared make a stand? I fail to see how carrying an empty gun is going to make a difference in restoring our rights. You said that you vote and write your representatives; good work, and keep it up. However, the average Joe is going to continually work against you every time that he sees you and calls the police because he's scared.

Playing devils advocate, let's say that you somehow manage to convince ~170,000 Oregonians with CCL to stop paying their fees and carrying concealed without a license. You'll end up with ~170,000 new criminals with Class-C misdemeanors on their record. Since this will of course be on the news, you'll hear an outcry to the state legislature to increase the penalty for carrying a concealed firearm.

Or on the other hand, let's say all ~170,000 Oregonians stop paying the fee, and stop carrying concealed. Other than the counties being out the extra revenue, do you think that will make a positive move to restore our rights?

I appreciate your zeal, but I don't see how you are accomplishing anything by "taking a stand".

What about the people in California. Should they make a stand or not?

They have all kinds of infringements put on their 2nd Amendment rights, but now what? Do nothing? Look where that is getting them.

Actually you're talking out of your *** on that one. You don't even know what gun owners of California are doing for their (and your rights), yet
you call them out. A lot of people here don't know that, but it doesn't prevent them from using derogatory rhetoric.

I said that I was not advocating concealed carrying without a permit.......Never mind I guess.
I see it like this - I like the ability to carry concealed when I want to so i have one of two choices - either do it legally or do it illegally - to do it legally I must have a current permit - by doing so I show that I am trying to follow the law while still having protection. I will admit that there are times that I have carried without permit - such as when I visit the in laws in Ca. since I cant get a permit there - however I do realize that if I get caught I will pay dearly but not as dearly as if something were to happen to my wife or myself that I could have prevented. I beleive that a person has the right to protect oneself and if I can make it legal to do so through a little labor on my part I will.

Yea, let's go all light brigade instead of tucking a f'ing gat under our shirt California? There are probably some that get the "job" done. lol

Apparently city of Portland was granted authority to ban concealed carry as early as 1880 :

pg=PA99&img=1&zoom=3&hl=en&sig=ACfU3U17lyY4bHBPpjl8Vci5oQ9BeI6lhQ&ci=53%2C509%2C839%2C772&edge=0.png

g=PA101&img=1&zoom=3&hl=en&sig=ACfU3U0-C9YNzrVIL6_JmNLMEt1KIhFSTQ&ci=86%2C88%2C877%2C1270&edge=0.png

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top