JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They should send you paperwork in the mail like 30 days before it expires. All you need to do is pay the $50 like before and they swill give you a paper copy of the new chl and mail you the new card or give you the new card there on the spot(depending on how clackamas does it).

They should send you paperwork in the mail like 30 days before it expires. All you need to do is pay the $50 like before and they swill give you a paper copy of the new chl and mail you the new card or give you the new card there on the spot(depending on how clackamas does it).
I'm pretty sure they don't do that anymore or at least stopped doing that for a while.. I was counting on that with my last renew quite some time ago.. never came and it lapsed. They were cool about it though and after going through the normal steps renewed it with the new type card (well maybe it was the time before last - lol).. nevertheless, I don't think they'll notify you/send you anything.

ZigZagZeke cant hear/read me, I'm on his ignore list. I think. :s0114:

For what its worth...just say no to reapplying for your a 2nd Amendment permission(the CHL). Open carry without any ammunition like the rest of us non-CHL permission slip carriers has to do. Sometimes its very hard to stand up and fight for your rights.

Yeppie Bill Of Rights!!!!!!!!

Yamhill county does not send out renewal notices, but I am not sure about Clackamas. I wouldn't take a chance though...why not call them and ask them
about renewal policy?

From the Clackamas County CHL application/renewal web page:

Please note the expiration date on the back side of your Concealed Handgun License -- and apply for your renewal license no more than 45 days prior to the expiration.

ZigZagZeke cant hear/read me, I'm on his ignore list. I think. :s0114:

For what its worth...just say no to reapplying for your a 2nd Amendment permission(the CHL). Open carry without any ammunition like the rest of us non-CHL permission slip carriers has to do. Sometimes its very hard to stand up and fight for your rights.

Yeppie Bill Of Rights!!!!!!!!

With solid suggestions like that it's no wonder you'd be on someone's ignore list.

SO after talking to my wife who had to renew her chl a couple years ago, she did not get anything in the mail. We are in yamhill county. She just had to get into the sheriffs office before it expired to renew it. She did get a paprer copy of the new chl so she would still be valid till the new card showed in the mail.

With solid suggestions like that it's no wonder you'd be on someone's ignore list.

Solid suggestions? Like do not continue to ask for the permission to exercise your 2nd Amendment right?

Do not renew your CHL.

If we do not stand up for our rights then how are we ever going to get our rights reinstated? I bet I would be safe to say that there are probably 80%+ CHL holders that believe that they should not have to get the governmental CHL permission. Why not stand up for what you guys/girls believe in?

I guess we should follow the Connecticuts and the Californians and just do whatever the government says?

The government employees are making and have made conditions for us to exercise our rights. The CHL gives a person the permission to exercise their 2nd Amendment right, if you do not have the CHL your rights are infringed. The CHL itself is an infringement to your rights. I guess the government has the CHL holders comfortable at this moment with their granted permission.

No need to get your rights back I guess, just wait until they take a little more. Then stand up?

Probably not.

I guess we should follow the Connecticuts and the Californians and just do whatever the government says?

The government employees are making and have made conditions for us to exercise our rights. The CHL gives a person the permission to exercise their 2nd Amendment right, if you do not have the CHL your rights are infringed. The CHL itself is an infringement to your rights. I guess the government has the CHL holders comfortable at this moment with their granted permission.

No need to get your rights back I guess, just wait until they take a little more. Then stand up?

Probably not.

Just for the fun of it. What does it really take not to ask permission from the government for 2A activities.

1) Do not buy any factory-made firearms.

It's a given a lot of people don't buy from the gun stores. But the people they're buying from at some point bought
them there, thus government permission was involved at some point, and firearm is eventually traceable to you.

2) Do not obey any carry restrictions.

Carry concealed or open where ever you need to, whichever way is convenient. Post Offices and Court Rooms ? Well, 2A doesn't
know boundaries, right ?

3) Ignore restrictions on types of arms.

2A doesn't say you can't have a machine gun or RDX, so naturally you're entitled to those. Just got to make
them at home, so no government permissions are involved.

I hope I got it all right :)

1. I think buying new firearms should not require any noses(government employees) to be in our personal businesses.

2. I do not think there should be any carry restrictions, as in CC or OC. Carry in post offices? Sure, why not. Court rooms? Probably not a good idea but why not let the people bring their firearms or pocket knifes and check them in at the door. It would not be that big of a deal to hold them for the citizens for when they are finished at the court house. It is supposed to be Our government, the employees are supposed to be working for Us.

3. No restrictions on types of arms. You want to own a suppressed firearm, a cannon, a fully automatic rifle, heck even a rocket launcher? Go ahead have at it. Its what you do with it that can get you in trouble, not owning it.

Or ask Our government employees permissions? Some probably do not even own a firearm or even know how to operate one.

When Our government does not represent Our ideas what should we do? Keep voting and hope for the best? We have been doing that for decades.

Should we American civilians ask Our employees for the permission to do what we want to do by following the rules and regulation our employees lay out for us that is against Our wills?

That would not be "For The People and By The People". That would be "for the government employees interests".

1. I think buying new firearms should not require any noses(government employees) to be in our personal businesses.

2. I do not think there should be any carry restrictions, as in CC or OC. Carry in post offices? Sure, why not. Court rooms? Probably not a good idea but why not let the people bring their firearms or pocket knifes and check them in at the door. It would not be that big of a deal to hold them for the citizens for when they are finished at the court house. It is supposed to be Our government, the employees are supposed to be working for Us.

3. No restrictions on types of arms. You want to own a suppressed firearm, a cannon, a fully automatic rifle, heck even a rocket launcher? Go ahead have at it. Its what you do with it that can get you in trouble, not owning it.

Or ask Our government employees permissions? Some probably do not even own a firearm or even know how to operate one.

See, now you're talking about what should be the case. Which is different from what is now and what one should
do about it. All I was trying to say it is very difficult if not impossible to uphold one's principles of not asking for permission when
it comes to 2A and be consistent with application of such principles.

OK, I have a CHL. I also have a drivers license, Social Security card, and a Passport.

Guess I'm just a wimp caving into the man.:s0077:

Let's see... Driving (on public roads) is not a right, welfare is not a right, and entering other countries is not a right
(can travel inside US without a passport), so only CHL is a questionable choice :D

No, my dear friends its not easier to do these things, it has been over 22 years for Oregon to require CC to conceal.

You've got wrong dates. Oregon went Shall Issue (being May Issue before that) in 1989 - 25 years ago. That was the change in issuance
policy, but the permit to carry concealed was required longer than that.

If people did not get a CC, they there would be no demand and even greater control would occur. In California they began limiting CC as soon as tough laws went into effect.

When and what exactly did they do there ?

I do not want any hassle with law enforcement. I like having a CHL. I don't care who doesn't like it. It's not a problem to me. I don't think open carry helps the 2A at all. I don't care if anyone does open carry or not.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top