JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
tarster, that is good to know. I know I was wondering about that myself. I thought about keeping my old rcbs manual trimmer around for those short jobs (like 20 pieces of 338wm on occasion), but then thought about just getting rid of the trimmer to free up a little more space on my reloading bench????? I can definitely see myself never using the old manual trimmer again, after using the Frankford Arsenal...

tarster, that is good to know. I know I was wondering about that myself. I thought about keeping my old rcbs manual trimmer around for those short jobs (like 20 pieces of 338wm on occasion), but then thought about just getting rid of the trimmer to free up a little more space on my reloading bench????? I can definitely see myself never using the old manual trimmer again, after using the Frankford Arsenal...

I would just sell it my self.. Lol free up a few more dollars for.. maybe 1 more box of bullets for the 338? haha

A clear bench is a good bench.
The mount for the RCBS swager and Lee Classic Turret came today waiting for me after my second day of work.

Wife pointed out I need to find a better place now to put the stacks of bullet boxes that are taking up bench room. She suggested it so I'll have to follow through.
IMG_3082.JPG

My reloading bench is an old kitchen island that I recycled. Cut off the overhanging backside and stuck it on top of some 2x8s to make a shelf and so it will sit flush against the wall. Had to do a little reinforcing across the bottom but it is stout.
20170517_100850 - Copy.jpg

I purpose-built my bench 40 years ago not long after I got out of the service. I knew I would probably be moving on occasion in the future so I made it modular and free-standing. It's a 6-1/2 ft x 4-1/2 ft L shape made of 4 separate units that bolt together. If I was to build it today, I'd use a little better material than I could afford at the time (cheap plywood and particle board) but it's held up pretty well through several moves. It can be assembled as a left L or a right L. The outside is paneled so it could be used as a room divider in previous homes where space was at a premium. The corner unit has an access door on the outside so it's accessible for storage. The part above the bench top is a lazy-susan to take advantage of that space. The cabinets below the bench are accessed through sliding door panels. The middle unit upper is full of small drawers for assorted brass and all the little fiddly bits that go with reloading. I've recently finally made a proper mounting bracket for the Dillon and freed the C-clamp.
DSCF0004s.jpg DSCF0006.JPG

I put this in an old thread about building a bench out of a solid core door this year, but I'll drop a couple here. Frame is all recycled tight grain doug fir I milled out to a slightly fat 5/4. I don't like the shelves on top that's going to change this winter:

Lights off:

20180714_082056.jpg

Lights on :). Love those led lamps. Only 6 watts each and I can focus them wherever I want them:

20180714_082307.jpg

I bought the larger safe and gave myself more benctop safe from the old area. I need to do an update as well but maybe once I router out and flush mount the quick change base from Inline. I have a couple wall rail pieces I need to order to finish the organization.

You guys are my inspiration.

So I did it tonight at 11:30pm. Wife is assured now that I'm crazy.

Much better. Just need some longer grade 8 bolts to secure it through the 4x4 and I'm golden.

I moved it about 16" towards the center of the bench for more room between a press and the Frankford Arsenal trimmer so I can have both out and use them at the same time.

4CD6F38C-895D-40B7-AB73-99747CBCA452.jpeg 14F2EC59-F2BB-418C-B10E-F253C5ECCC5C.jpeg DEF0292D-0240-4A2A-B835-F804CEE7B0E3.jpeg EC888DE6-D03D-458D-8D01-C097AA20B460.jpeg AA50D322-B2A1-405B-8E26-F4BFB65F7CD2.jpeg

Giddy up!

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR