JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think there should be a challenge randomly assigned to take a picture of your bench in its present state. I just spent a weekend cleaning up my reloading area and am disgusted at how tough it was to work on it, can't imagine I'm the only one.

Anytime. Mine's pretty much the same all the time. All year around. Right now I have my tumbler running though. Was just there loading up 6.5 creed today. Thinking how good it was to start loading again. I sure am glad they opened up the national forests and my club to shooting again!!!!!!!! Actually, mine's changed a little since I posted a pic of it last time. The calendar says September 2018.... :D
iDk7ocJ.jpg
hPBgaDy.jpg
VDecyl0.jpg
DZwfdks.jpg
VZiTYPF.jpg
eMRrShb.jpg
Oh wait, I did get a new safe too. So my reloading area did change a little.

My reloading area is comfy. Small, but doable... and don't say "that's what she said"...:D

Just cause you load your ammo there, doesn't mean it has to be a filthy mess. I use mine quite a bit actually. Here's one time when I was prepping some brass:
VHYJsZJ.jpg

Last Edited:
I think there should be a challenge randomly assigned to take a picture of your bench in its present state. I just spent a weekend cleaning up my reloading area and am disgusted at how tough it was to work on it, can't imagine I'm the only one.
You're not the only one. For weeks I've been trying to muster up the courage to clean it but I always end up loading ammo instead!:D

Haha, I got to the point that I couldn't reload, and that's when I had to get it cleaned up. Had all my tools everywhere and a jeep cylinder head, gun parts, empty ammo boxes. Hopefully once I get my shop built and aren't doing my auto projects in the garage it will stay cleaner.

B174425E-2A4A-43D2-BE09-6450D26C01A7.jpeg C0E0650D-C36B-45EF-85A3-7EFE32ED2924.jpeg 0FE3CCB1-3F96-4FD9-8058-8DDE12DB16D9.jpeg Just started building my bench. Got 3/4 ply wood on top. Reinforced one section with a second piece of 3/4 for my press.
Still need to add riser and shelf on top along with peg broad. I have some left over flooring laying around and will cover the bench top with that. Should be a stout bench when done. I will update as I get more done after elk season.

Work in progress.

Added custom die holders for the quick change single stage press and mounted them on the wall.

They fit Lee and Hornady quick change systems.

EE745D92-74E9-4BBF-9A4C-1B2DB4B91DC5.jpeg

View attachment 514070 View attachment 514071 View attachment 514072 Just started building my bench. Got 3/4 ply wood on top. Reinforced one section with a second piece of 3/4 for my press.
Still need to add riser and shelf on top along with peg broad. I have some left over flooring laying around and will cover the bench top with that. Should be a stout bench when done. I will update as I get more done after elk season.

This is a great bench and I would like to help if I can without criticizing. I have done a bunch of carpentry over my lifetime!

If you bolt the top to the wall the rear legs would not be necessary, Since you have them, bolt it to the wall anyway but before you do brace the lower legs up far enough you can sit in your chair and rest your feet on the top of the braces. Reloading is generally done a standing position especially with progressive machines but as I have gotten older I like to sit comfortably every chance I get.

Bracing the lower legs as you can see in most any open or wooden kitchen chair, stabilizes the entire bench. I like to keep them on the inside and just transfer the same measurements down from the top.

You can do the long ones first, then just rest the short braces on top of the 2x4s edges above the long braces. Any combination will work.
Nice, Heavy duty work horse of a bench you have there.

This is a great bench and I would like to help if I can without criticizing. I have done a bunch of carpentry over my lifetime!

If you bolt the top to the wall the rear legs would not be necessary, Since you have them, bolt it to the wall anyway but before you do brace the lower legs up far enough you can sit in your chair and rest your feet on the top of the braces. Reloading is generally done a standing position especially with progressive machines but as I have gotten older I like to sit comfortably every chance I get.

Bracing the lower legs as you can see in most any open or wooden kitchen chair, stabilizes the entire bench. I like to keep them on the inside and just transfer the same measurements down from the top.

You can do the long ones first, then just rest the short braces on top of the 2x4s edges above the long braces. Any combination will work.
Nice, Heavy duty work horse of a bench you have there.
Appreciate the advice. I am no carpenter by any means. I am a diesel mechanic so over building something is a common thing I do.
I am going to secure it to the well just so it won't move on me. The bench is pretty tall right now. Think the top is 37 inches but I am 6'4" so I like it to be a little taller. I hadn't planned on adding a shelve on the bottom. Wanted to leave it pretty open under the bench. I will brace up the legs. Going to move it into my gun room tonight before it gets to heavy or to big, need it to fit through the door still.

Built in 1976, I have two loading benches that when tied together were about 11 ' long+-. Built with separate 4' x 42'' +- tables. Lowered in the middle with framing and planks to accommodate my needs at the time. They were in three shops so far and now serve as two Carpenter tables, lacking the center piece in my current shop. You may have that set up for a wile. Never enough benches around nor room to keep them.

Nice start mooseknuckles, mine is built the same way. Mine has no movement at all when reloading. One thing I did do is when I bolted my press down I used a piece of angle iron on the underside under the bolts. This way when pushing the handle down the weight is distributed across the angle, I also did it to the front which is handy for pulling bullets.

DF103F74-9878-4DA5-9320-CACFA3D4F7E6.jpeg Got the bench in my gun room and secured to the wall. Top is done and stained. I should have put my press in a different spot but it works. Height is about prefect. I added a led light on the shelf above the window. Man it is super bright. Still going add a shelf and some peg broad to put some bins on. Overall I am happy with it.
I just started reloading. I still need to get a lot more stuff

View attachment 516717 Got the bench in my gun room and secured to the wall. Top is done and stained. I should have put my press in a different spot but it works. Height is about prefect. I added a led light on the shelf above the window. Man it is super bright. Still going add a shelf and some peg broad to put some bins on. Overall I am happy with it.
I just started reloading. I still need to get a lot more stuff

Awesome looking bench. You'll have it filled up in no time.

Love your comment about. Got my bench in my gun room. That's exactly what I call my reloading area.

Yep I sure I will.
The room is great. It's actually in my garage. 10x12 room all insulated dry walled and textured with a nice heater in there. Great place to go listen to music and load some rounds.
I get some more pics of the room.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads