JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a lee classic loader. With Red dot powder. The load should be 4.4g to 5.1g. With the Lee classic loader kit comes a .5 scoop. To make one load, does that mean I use (9) .5 scoops? To make a load of 4.5g?

I have a lee classic loader. With Red dot powder. The load should be 4.4g to 5.1g. With the Lee classic loader kit comes a .5 scoop. To make one load, does that mean I use (9) .5 scoops? To make a load of 4.5g?

No, I believe the scoops are in cc, so you will have to use a conversion table (usually supplied with kits) that tell you how much volume in ccs that certain amounts of a specific powder are.

What size and type of bullet are you using to get that load data?
Do you have a scale or have access to one?
I live in Milwaukie if you want to bring your scoop and powder we can see how much a scoop weighs. You can reach me at the number below.

See this chart:
http://www.leeprecision.com/cgi-data/instruct/Dippers.pdf

It shows the different powder dipper sizes with different powders to give you a theoretical charge weight but you should really check with a scale before you load anything.

Nope,not how the dippers work.
Did the set come with a load sheet? it should have,and if the sheet lists a powder you have,one scoop equals the load shown on the sheet.
what you do is dip the scoop full,then LEVEL IT OFF with a credit card or the like...don't use a heaping scoop full,your gun will thank you by not going KABOOM.
Good idea to get a scale.Most dipper loads measure 'light' by design,but you won't know what you are loading without a scale.
If you're going to stay with the Lee Loader for a while,but a whole set of scoops,they run about 10.00-12.00,and come with a chart to show all the loads you can do with them..but DO get a scale too.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews