JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
For years I've been shooting a Sig P220 with my hand reloads. This gun has a 4.4" barrel with 1:16 twist. Here are the reloads specs that I have been using and I've been very happy with this formula

1. 230 gr RN plated bullets
2. Federal Large Pistol primers
3. 5.0 grs of Winchester 231 powder
4. OAL = 1.260"
5. light crimp
6. all rounds are gage checked.

Now I have a B&T APC45Pro with a 6.8" barrel and 1:12 twist.

My question: Do I change my reloads? And if so what do you suggest?

Thanks,
Bill

PS: Some of my friends give me grief about going 45acp with a new gun. But I like the 45acp, I have literally 1,000s of rounds of hand reloads and even more brass, and I'm happy with my reload formula. And one more comment from friends about B&T - why did you buy such an expensive pistol? Well I just liked it that's all and I had the money LOL (I don't have it anymore......).

I'm with you brother. I use 5.0/5.2/5.4gr. of 231 and love that load (s). 5.0gr. for my H&K45 and 5.4gr. for my Smith & Wesson 4506. I never need to buy new and I've not had to slow down shooting over the last 2 years. These will shoot great!

Don't listen to your girlfriends.
Put YOUR load in the new pistola and try it out.
In the future, maybe, you might work up an optimum load for the B&T. Doubt it...
Your pet load will prolly be just right for you!

Joe

Well, I don't think 45 will drive any weight fast enough in 1:12 to strip the rifling from the bullets. 231 is good stuff, so a few tenths of a grain here or there might just be ideal. The faster twist may just better stabilize the bullets., so some target and chrono time seem to be in order.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top