JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a lee classic loader. With Red dot powder. The load should be 4.4g to 5.1g. With the Lee classic loader kit comes a .5 scoop. To make one load, does that mean I use (9) .5 scoops? To make a load of 4.5g?

I have a lee classic loader. With Red dot powder. The load should be 4.4g to 5.1g. With the Lee classic loader kit comes a .5 scoop. To make one load, does that mean I use (9) .5 scoops? To make a load of 4.5g?

No, I believe the scoops are in cc, so you will have to use a conversion table (usually supplied with kits) that tell you how much volume in ccs that certain amounts of a specific powder are.

What size and type of bullet are you using to get that load data?
Do you have a scale or have access to one?
I live in Milwaukie if you want to bring your scoop and powder we can see how much a scoop weighs. You can reach me at the number below.

See this chart:
http://www.leeprecision.com/cgi-data/instruct/Dippers.pdf

It shows the different powder dipper sizes with different powders to give you a theoretical charge weight but you should really check with a scale before you load anything.

Nope,not how the dippers work.
Did the set come with a load sheet? it should have,and if the sheet lists a powder you have,one scoop equals the load shown on the sheet.
what you do is dip the scoop full,then LEVEL IT OFF with a credit card or the like...don't use a heaping scoop full,your gun will thank you by not going KABOOM.
Good idea to get a scale.Most dipper loads measure 'light' by design,but you won't know what you are loading without a scale.
If you're going to stay with the Lee Loader for a while,but a whole set of scoops,they run about 10.00-12.00,and come with a chart to show all the loads you can do with them..but DO get a scale too.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top