JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If it were me.....IMHO.....
I'd dump the brass or trade it. Large pistol primers are the way to go for the .45ACP.

Or

I'd use the data and just start low and work my way up. Of course, that is only for me. Yeah....LIABILITY.

So then......
What you do is......

UP TO YOU.

Aloha, Mark

I hate it when a SPP .45 case gets in the press with LPP deprimer pin!

Last time this happened I separated out all my SPP brass and loaded with aluminum cases for 'let 'em fly' loads! I didn't really have that many to where it mattered anyway.

Don't need to change a thing. Have loaded hundreds of thousands of rounds of it on commercial machines...no problems.

There's only 3 makers of small pistol primer 45 brass...Federal, Blazer and Speer...which is actually the same company. Mixing head stamps isn't much of an issue, as the case volume is all the same.

There is some brass by Winchester...but I don't see it very often.

I load SPP 45 ACP the same as LPP. Until it became harder to find SPPs, I actually preferred using them over the LPP as I generally try to keep my Dillon 650 set up for small primer, and my 550 for large primer loading. With the case feeder on the 650, cranking out a pile of rounds is pretty easy! That's why I started gathering small primer 45 ACP brass.

when spp is all you have as in my case the snobbery about using spp brass disappears real quick . Use same data. The other good thing is when a lpp brass slips in u don't ruin a primer , u just swap the brass for the correct one.

Alright thank you everyone for all the information have just been sorting out the small pistol brass cause didn't have any small pistol primers but came across some the other day so figured I would load them up.

There is no noticeable difference between loads using LP or SP primer 45 ACP brass.

I use to use SP brass for pistol matches. No one wanted it so I usually got it all back. It almost jumped off the ground into my brass bag. It also was convenient not having to change priming systems.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top