JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When it comes to bullet types and grain weight use, would TMJ bullet grains required be equivalent to FMJ bullet grains that are listed in manuals? HP? XTP?

Last Edited:
Yes, but still less than jacketed. Not sure about being pushed to a faster speed, but they do require just a bit more powder than lead bullets. When using Xtremes, I usually look up a load in my Lasercast manual (unplated lead/silver alloy bullets) and start with the lowest charge anyway.

The OP needs to pay heed to Xtreme's warning since that is what he thinks he will be using. Unfortunately, Xtreme doesn't provide any reloading data for their bullets. So, just using the Western Powder data, as intended for different bullets (jacketed is all they list for .38Super), would exceed the recommendations and likely give poor results with the bullet shedding the plating either in the barrel or in flight.
Correct. That's why I mentioned speeds for lead or maybe just a tad faster. I generally load my plated Bullets pretty mild.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top