JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We know who the enemy is. What remains is what we're going to do about it. This isn't a matter of disagreeing philosophically and choosing to respect those disagreements and co-exist peacefully. They're attacking our liberties and in some cases our very lives. I remember as a young person turning the other cheek and getting both cheeks literally beaten in. Finally I'd had enough and took the violence to the bullies and put them in the dirt. Sometimes that's what's needed. Don't like it, no, but sometimes that's what right and righteous. Turning the other cheek gets us nowhere. Sometimes it costs us our freedom and sometimes it costs us our life. Remember, they don't care whether we live or we die. We're meaningless to them. Batteries, tossed in the trash when used up. What is justice going to cost you today? Who will you enrich to enjoy your basic rights and freedoms as a human being? Look what they make you give.

What, exactly, are you suggesting???

Anybody that is stupid enough to post on social media anything threatening with a gun has no excuse for whining when they get unwanted attention. If you post crap on social media trying to look like a badass you ought to expect to get some attention you may not be looking for. Don't post stupid crap in public if you don't want to answer for it, it isn't private.

It's called war. For today's literal version, imagine being a Kurd in Syria. I'll bet plenty died today.
When we see widespread corruption of the justice system, essentially two-tiered justice, the end is near. We're seeing that right now. It might seem less intense in the Pacific Northwest, IDK, but I've got six decades of it in California as background. Ugly. Power and authority running rampant. Heck there was a point I thought our Governor Brown (the female one) was going to send the popo after state congress people for not voting. Nuts.
What, exactly, are you suggesting???

It's called war. For today's literal version, imagine being a Kurd in Syria. I'll bet plenty died today.
When we see widespread corruption of the justice system, essentially two-tiered justice, the end is near. We're seeing that right now. It might seem less intense in the Pacific Northwest, IDK, but I've got six decades of it in California as background. Ugly. Power and authority running rampant. Heck there was a point I thought our Governor Brown (the female one) was going to send the popo after state congress people for not voting. Nuts.
Amen!

I was about to point out the same thing. Makes me wonder what other facts are wrong, bloated, or misleading.

I also do feel sorry for him in the sense I feel sorry for me. I will never post a picture online in which I and a firearm appear. These ERPOs are chilling to speech and violate the 5A.

I have found that whenever a news story is about a topic with which I am very knowledgeable, the report tends to be full of errors, omissions, or misleading statements.

Logic dictates that the same holds true for topics with which I am not very well-versed; I just simply lack the knowledge to be able to detect it. I view all news with a healthy dose of skepticism ever since figuring this out.

So I'm actually 5 months into my year long ERPO here in Oregon. Basically it's preponderance of the evidence rather than innocent until proven guilty ...

Wow -- sorry to hear about your troubles. I suspect your instinct to not fight it now is accurate for the reasons you mentioned (Judge/gov't face no downside to taking them from safe people, and enormous downside from NOT taking them from the one person who is a nut -- turns the whole "better ten guilty go free than one innocent go to prison" thing on its head).

As for the preponderance standard, that's such bullbubblegum to use when taking away a Constitutional right -- all that means is that there is a confidence just slightly better than a pure 50/50 chance that the decision is correct. It's a dice roll's level of evidence.

Last Edited:
And yet no crime was comitted. The guy sounded like a nut from the article (was that article accurate?) but had not committed a crime. Now the governemnt has taken his guns for a year? This is proactive not reactive stuff.

I'm not even sure he sounds like a nut. Compared to what you could find on 8chan and the like at least, he sounds like a pillar of the community.

Logic dictates that the same holds true for topics with which I am not very well-versed; I just simply lack the knowledge to be able to detect it. I view all news with a healthy dose of skepticism ever since figuring this out.

It's gotten to the point that if I was standing in the rain, and reporter said to expect wet weather, I'd question whether he had the facts straight.

If he is going to be a clear and present danger to society, there should be an avenue within due process to show or validate it.

He scares me, should not be a route to suspend rights. Someone earlier was correct in that, this guy isn't worth hitching the 2A rights to because he literally is a clown, but none the less he does have rights.

Yes it is Yamhill County, I have an incident where someone called in shots fired (I'm allowed to shoot here and do regularly though no longer obviously) and even though all they heard was gunshot and didn't see anything it got blown up into me shooting while trying to intimidate a woman (she is my employee and just happened to be present, she has had my back the entire time she was standing behind me and absolutely was not being threatened or placed at risk). The officers responding had traffic stopped the night before when I was carrying a compact glock .40 with 1 in the chamber, they felt a need to bring out a drug dog and search my vehicle (the dog DID NOT HIT on the car they searched for an hour and a half anyways finding nothing before planting a small piece of heroin on the floor and magically "finding it" in 2 seconds after he gave me a lecture about being "good" and walked up to the car, put on a glove, reached in and there it was - though four cops didn't find it in an hour and a half tearing my car apart... he wrote me a ticket for possession heroin at the time and took my gun for carrying it with the heroin which is obviously illegal but I was then arrested and arraigned on it later). They felt due to 2 incidents with me with guns in less than a day they needed to write me up as a "crazy meth and heroin user with firearms" and put me up for ERPO when I was released from jail the next day (as I didn't shoot at or intimidate anyone). I have a good lawyer out of salem BUT the police then came to my home a third time, searched without a warrant and ALLEGEDLY found another handgun in my office (unloaded, stored and never fired it would seem, it's not even clear if it was a gun or just hand gun parts?) AFTER the two officers who very much have a personal issue with me one over some past stuff and another over a girl/woman that I believe he is absolutely inappropriate with pulled me aside and again planted heroin on me. Sent me back to jail for a 3rd time in 2 weeks (the officer has since followed me, come to work twice, pulled over friends borrowing one of my cars without cause, sat on my car when parked at bar and again at store for over an hour waiting for me to leave to traffic stop me, etc. I never really believed in this sort of thing until it happened fortunately it's happened so much now that I have literally about 5 witnesses to multiple harassment incidents - I am hoping this can get me a fair trial.

Basically I am likely going to prison and in the meantime my gun rights have been taken through an ERPO which I have found it is essentially impossible to contest the way the process is lined out. I do very much (believe it or not) believe in the need of stripping mentally unstable folks of their firearms for short periods of time in a crisis and to do so quickly but even if my lawyer beats all this other mess of stuff I still have a very good and real chance of losing my gun rights forever while not being convicted of a crime just because an officer that dislikes me files a piece of paper, and doesn't even have to appear, once every 12 months.

Sooo.....you're claiming LEO planted dope on you? And then you spill your story on the internet? Does your attorney know you're discussing the case on the webz?

Hmmm. :rolleyes:

Forums, boards and online groups are social media just as the other things are that I don't join.

So even though I absolutely DETEST Twitter, Fakebook, Instant whatever, email chain letters - ugh, etc. - I realize that all forums, boards and online groups are still a part of social media.

Cate

I fear as such legislation accelerates, witness the latest iteration in California yesterday, these conflicts as outlined in the OP will become more frequent and more adversarial until open warfare breaks out. IDK, maybe it's necessary to send the message that with power comes responsibility and consequences. In CA, the system is set up so that the prog now can pretty much retain power forever. They control the election process, meaning those in power, not necessarily the citizens of the state. They control who can run for office and be elected. Will that happen in WA and OR, IDK. Why can't we all get along? IDK. Seems to me there's a small minority that are making things difficult for the vast majority. One minority is criminals. The other is politicians and the government machine. The bad news? Nuke either and there are plenty of budding hoodlums/power mongers to take their place. We see that all the time in the Middle East, which is why wars go on for thousands of years. Personally I'd rather get along but after a lifetime of feeling backed into a corner, sometimes the healthy move is to fight. We each make those decisions for ourselves. God bless those who still have faith in the 'system'. I hope they will inherit a peaceful earth.

I have to assume there is more to this story that was not written but as a current LEO, this really disturbs me...at least what the story implies. No mention of warrants, no due process, insinuated threats/meme...and using some so-called threats from 2017 that were never carried out to bolster the EPO? Raises many questions and concerns...1st Amend, 2nd Amend, 4th Amend, 5th Amend...

EPO provides due process, he gets a hearing within 10 days or less iirc, just like a lot of other court actions, eg domestic violence protective orders. I don't know this guy but he is an idiot for posting what he did when he did. No sympathy here. Being a gun owner carries with it a higher responsibility to behave safely, not scare people, and not make the rest of us look like loons or some 30 year old dweeb living in his mother's basement.

Folks, I've had it with these kinds of idiots. If he wants pics holding an assault rifle and playing badass he can go enlist in the real army, if he has the b---- to do it. If he did he damn sure knows it's nothing to joke about.

Rant over.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads