JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Still don't understand how law abiding citizens are told to lockdown and prisoners are being set free...o_O

So I am not sure of the specifics, but I can only hope that they are taking into consideration whether or not these released, non-law abiding citizens, actually have a place to go. If not, then how the fluck can they lock down at home like the actual law abiding citizens must do? It would be absolutely counter-productive to not ensure this. Seems to me, it would be more prudent to keep the guards on a tight medical leash with daily temperature checks and weekly covid checks and put all new arrivals into isolation for 14 days before releasing into the general population. What they are doing now is just letting a bunch of convicts loose willy nilly, for the public to deal with. Do they not recall that these folks do not make good choices? If nothing else, they are adding to the homeless problem in addition to creating more carriers / infectious bodies to wander about the state. :mad:

I was going to say, this is nothing new, they are releasing like 6000 people, heck how many do they release on a normal day to save money or please the bleeding hearts.

These liberal states, and even the non-liberal states have been making the communities more dangerous for years.
Too much money spent on pet programs, catering to the lazy, paying more govt employees, govt boondoggles, sweetheart retirement and healthcare programs, etc, etc.

So instead of cutting back or punishing criminals they punsh the law abiding by letting all these wastes of oxygen back into society to do mayhem and breed.

They say history always repeats itself and big civilizations always fall.

We are pushing that closer and closer.
Society will collapse, and the wild west will come back

^^^

THIS is true and it is happening ALL over the country in ALL states - rural, suburban, villages and in small and large cities!

Cate

In my opinion, this is what I think is happening. The virus is an excuse. During the last recession, many state agencies in the general fund to a big hit. For some reason in WA, statutorily mandated government services are not protected in the budget, they are in the general fund. The Department of Corrections saw huge cuts, allowing many entitlements to remain in the budget.

After the recession, DOC started hiring lots of people to comply with governor-endorsed "evidence based" methods of re-entry. Then, huge raises were implemented because WA DOC had really low salaries compared to other agencies and the workload had increased dramatically. This became real expensive, real quick.

The Janus decision makes it so public employees can't be forced to join the unions. Unions representing DOC staff saw losses in membership because most represented DOC staff are conservative and don't want to fund Democrats (the friends of the administration).

Several executive orders are made that effect how DOC operates, pushing it to the left. They go through a few department heads while trying to figure out how computer glitches released a bunch of inmates early. Lots of staff have to be hired and trained to do all calculations by hand, making DOC more expensive. They start thinking of ways to relieve cost by releasing people early on ankle monitors.

Inslee loses a lot of revenue due to some initiatives like the $30 car tab and the unwillingness of the people to vote in a carbon tax or income tax. He starts looking for money for his agenda. He is very tunnel-visioned and wants to run for president on a legacy of leftist ideas, especially climate change. He asks for rainy day funds and it doesn't happen. His POTUS run doesn't get off the ground.

COVID19 happens, money goes toward it, Inslee has to veto a bunch of entitlements and isn't happy about it. He wants his money from somewhere. Several bills are introduced during the session that will allow him to gut a few agencies. Here is what effects DOC:

1: People on felony probation will earn good conduct time, reducing the vast majority of sentences from 12 months to 8 months.

2: People arrested for probation violations don't have to spend as much time in jail, usually less than 30 days.

3: If you're serving time for a felony and commit a new felony, the sentence has to run concurrently, when it used to run consecutively.

4: Prosecutors can modify sentences if the time "no longer serves the interest of the public".

As COVID19 craze increases, DOC manages to make some instant changes that must have taken some thought ahead of time (hmmmm). Felons on probation won't have to report and won't have to submit to drug/alcohol tests. Probation officers can start staying home since jails aren't accepting new bookings and their contact standards have been cut to less than half.

Riot happens at a prison and the inmates demand to have sentences reduced. INSTANTLY, Inslee agrees and with a week, people are getting released. WA government achieves a new level of efficiency! Again, hmmm. With reductions in caseloads from the new laws, contact standards, and early release programs, layoffs can happen.

Inslee will get money for what he wants to do with his agenda. He's hugely popular with felons and their families/allies, a dramatically growing population in WA. He got them everything above, and the right to vote.

Even with the budget shortfall that will occur from this virus and the resulting unemployment from his policies, he has preemptively given himself a purse to push his agenda.
It's like when Penguin becomes mayor in Gotham...

So I am not sure of the specifics, but I can only hope that they are taking into consideration whether or not these released, non-law abiding citizens, actually have a place to go. If not, then how the fluck can they lock down at home like the actual law abiding citizens must do? It would be absolutely counter-productive to not ensure this. Seems to me, it would be more prudent to keep the guards on a tight medical leash with daily temperature checks and weekly covid checks and put all new arrivals into isolation for 14 days before releasing into the general population. What they are doing now is just letting a bunch of convicts loose willy nilly, for the public to deal with. Do they not recall that these folks do not make good choices? If nothing else, they are adding to the homeless problem in addition to creating more carriers / infectious bodies to wander about the state. :mad:
They are not they are releasing them to go live with who ever will take them in.
And they can't get a job and so they will go back to doing what they did to get put in jail in the first place.
Revolving door here in Washington.

It's a good reminder to increase your carry frequency (if it's not already at 100% of the time). Some ways to do that might be to add a tiny gun if current EDC size limits how often you carry. Or changing attire or holster and also adding a "truck gun" might be worth thinking about, depending on your situation. We have so many good options nowadays.

Last Edited:
Here in Queen County, it has traditionally been almost impossible to even file property crime charges with the "prosecutor." Thus, it would appear that these folks being released are career druggies and criminals.

It's a good reminder to increase your carry frequency (if it's not already at 100% of the time). Some ways to do that might be to add a tiny gun if current EDC size limits how often you carry. Or changing attire or holster and also adding a "truck gun" might be worth thinking about, depending on your situation. We have so many good options nowadays.
Not always "out_n_about" these days but ALWAYS I carry! I live rural enough that predators are a constant problem (from lions, coyotes, feral dog packs, raccoons, possum, and even the occasional human! There are enough problems I cannot keep pet dogs or cats outside, penned chickens and goats unprotected (even in day time) and for certain, grand kids playing unsupervised! In spite of all that I would still rather live rural. When I do go to town, predators are a problem there also! So what's a person to do? CARRY ALWAYS, and stay alert!

This is great, dumping convicts back into society. Maybe allow illegals from global points unknown to pour into the US from Mexico too? Perrrrrfect!

Last Edited:
even last week around 4am, i saw couple guys scooping around my neighborhood.

we are already in danger from the virus, now from criminals too :mad:

Politicians, flippin' hilarious. And very sad.

It seems to me the most devious, manipulative, and dishonest are attracted to those positions. And it also seems intelligence doesn't factor in at all, only how good they are at fooling/manipulating people into being elected. Maybe we need a new political party that has poeple who are honest and want to actually help their constituents. Of course that type of person would last probably about 5 minutes in that cut throat business I would guess.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top