JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm in the market for a 9mm. I am looking for something that's good quality, easy to shoot, and that doesn't break the bank, let's say $500-600 for a new gun. My experience with 9mm is limited. I have shot an FNP-9 and liked it. Would that be a good choice? Or maybe something from the Springfield XD9 series? I will obviously visit a local gun store and see what's a good fit, but I would love a few concrete recommendations. Thank you!

Ok, I'll bite....

Glock, Springfield XD (and XDm), and Smith and Wesson M&P are all good choices at that price point. I have owned all three and never had any issues with any of them. I prefer the XD simply for the ergonomics. It just feels the best in my hand. There are other options out there, of course, but those three would be a good start. Try holding every pistol you can get your hands on and see what feels best to you. Since you are in Portland, I would go to the gun show next weekend to do a little research. It will cost you a few bucks for parking and admission, but you will be able to see (and touch) just about everything you could ask for.

Ok, I'll bite....

Glock, Springfield XD (and XDm), and Smith and Wesson M&P are all good choices at that price point. I have owned all three and never had any issues with any of them. I prefer the XD simply for the ergonomics. It just feels the best in my hand. There are other options out there, of course, but those three would be a good start. Try holding every pistol you can get your hands on and see what feels best to you. Since you are in Portland, I would go to the gun show next weekend to do a little research. It will cost you a few bucks for parking and admission, but you will be able to see (and touch) just about everything you could ask for.

:s0155:

<broken link removed>
This place has several 9mm pistols available for rent. If you are considering a new purchase, You could head down there and shoot a few. It's not as cheap as I'd like it to be, but it's a great way to shoot some different guns. In your price range, I imagine you'll get a good gun regardless of make and model, so it just comes down to preference. One thing about that range, is that you must have a gun to shoot/rent there. If you're purchasing your first gun, PM me and maybe I'll go shoot with you so you can rent theirs.

Shop around go to a couple gun stores and fondle them make sure it feels right in your hands in your price range you should get a good quality firearm make sure it has features you want such as single action vs double action or both,safeties,sights,mag capacity,price of aftermarket parts/mags,availabilty of parts if something breaks

You can get into sigs at that price with their polymer sp2022. I have one and love it. Super easy to shoot, never fails, and didn't break the bank. Great trigger on it too. Can be had with night sights for around 500. I got mine gently used with night sights and 4 mags for 420.

There is a bunch of quality built, new and used 9mm handguns in your price range.

S&W M&P's, Older S&W's like the 5906, 5903, 6906, etc., Sig Sauer SP2022 or used Sig models, Glock, Beretta, Browning Hi-Power, CZ-USA, FN, Magnum Research Baby Eagle II, Springfield Armory, Walther PPQ, etc..........

Do like i did with my daughters, go to a big gun show and check them all out and see what you like best. That will give you some idea of what makes and models suit your needs.

Good luck and happy shooting!

M67

The Sig P6 has to be a contender. Ergonomically friendly with the single stack magazine, Sig quality, and affordable because of the W. German Police turn-ins all over the market. Used, but a great gun. You owe it to yourself to look at one or consider it vs. others.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top