JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oh my...for some reason the forum stopped updating me on new replies. Thanks for all your input, everyone!

I will make sure to look at as many guns mentioned here as possible. My favorites right now are the Springfield XD series and the FNX9. Does anyone have experience with the latter? The reviews I read sound like it's a great choice, especially for a leftie like me.

To trim down your selections, do you want striker fire or hammer fire?

If you don't like long spongy feel trigger, stay with striker / SAO pistols.

But aside from trigger (persona preference) get what fits your hands the best.

To trim down your selections, do you want striker fire or hammer fire?

If you don't like long spongy feel trigger, stay with striker / SAO pistols.

But aside from trigger (persona preference) get what fits your hands the best.

I don't have a strong preference for either striker or hammer. I had a chance to handle a bunch of 9s yesterday. The two I really liked most were a black FNX-9 and a Gen 4 Glock 17. I wasn't that excited about the the look and feel of the XD even though the price was fantastic.

I am left-handed and love how ambidextrous the FNX-9 is, and it's just a really good looking gun. The Glock is ugly as hell (in my opinion), but I like the simplicity and of course the track record of reliability that is a lot longer than the FNX-9. Tough call...

If you want any of the multitude of tupperware guns out there, then listen to others. They are top-heavy, wrist jerkers, in my opinion. If you want the single best 9mm for the least amount of money, then you want a CZ-75 or CZ-75b (17 rd capacity). They sell for around $400-450 and are simple, reliable and smooth shooters. Another high capacity (17 rds), very nice shooter for a similar price is the Astra A-100. If you want to spend more money, the Sig P226 or P228 will make you happy, but you can easily shell out $800. And lastly, for $800-$1200, the Browning Hi-Power is the cadillac of pistols. I do not believe you can find a new one for less than $800. By the way, there is a reason I hold a preference for steel guns. Do you want your wrist bones absorbing the recoil, or your gun? For those that wanna whine about the carry weight, then I suggest they get back to their couch and remote. It is also my opinion that gun makers are glad to sell you polymer over steel. It is called profit margin, and the tupperware lovers are playing right into their hands. Enjoy your shooting and know the four rules of gun safety!

I'm in the market for a 9mm. I am looking for something that's good quality, easy to shoot, and that doesn't break the bank, let's say $500-600 for a new gun. My experience with 9mm is limited. I have shot an FNP-9 and liked it. Would that be a good choice? Or maybe something from the Springfield XD9 series? I will obviously visit a local gun store and see what's a good fit, but I would love a few concrete recommendations. Thank you!

A 9mm is a wrist jerker? really?

I bought a used M&P 9mm for a plinker/practice gun due to cheaper ammo and lack of recoil. It rings steel at 40 yards. i shoot it just as well as my 1911's and M&P 45 with apex trigger. As it is, these "tupperware" guns are are as accurate as any shooter.

I bought a used M&P 9mm for a plinker/practice gun due to cheaper ammo and lack of recoil. It rings steel at 40 yards. i shoot it just as well as my 1911's and M&P 45 with apex trigger. As it is, these "tupperware" guns are are as accurate as any shooter.

M&P - yeah... I have a full size M&P 45 and is one sweet gun.

Now my KelTec PF9 is a wrist jerker for sure. It is so lightweight that there is nothing basically to compensate for the recoil.

Of course, not to the extent of a 45, but if you are a woman, younger boy, or a guy who likes to send 200+ down range at each range visit, you will notice a distinct difference in your wrist afterward when shooting steel vs tupperware. My recommendation does not focus on accuracy as my tupperware Glock 21 (45acp) is one of my top shooters. My focus is based on price, value, reputation, history, durability and overall enjoyment for both sexes, young and old. If the guy wants tupperware, then the choices are too many to mention. If he wants steel, the choices are much easier.

I just bought my first 9mm a while back, I picked up an XDm 3.8" Compact (works with both shorter 13 or full size 19 round magazines). Bought from lowpriceguns.com, no ffa fees and free shipping if you pick it up from their storefront in Bellevue.

And I have to say I love this thing, having all of the weight in the slide makes it wonderful to shoot. Ergonomics are great and even the case and basic accessories really just sold me on the thing and I couldn't be happier. For me it was either this or the glock and I'm glad I picked what I did.

Fire 'em all and figure out what you want :).

^ I have the same gun. I don't know about most people, but I've shot well over 200rds/day several times with my "tupperware gun" and there is no issue with my wrist hurting. Just buy what you like- nearly everything shoots pretty dang well with modern manufacturing processes.

The FNX-9 is a very good gun - plus I think that FNH supplies 3 magazines with their pistols - who else does that? Also consider the SR9C, PX4 and M&P 9. I would have also said the full size SR9 but the trigger is not nearly as good as the one on the SR9C - no comparison.

Yep, the FNX feels very good. I didn't get a chance to have a close look at the CZs, which I feel I should have given how excited people are about them. Oh well, there will be another purchase at some point.

For now, I went with a Glock 17 4 Gen. Bought it yesterday. Maybe not the most exciting choice, but the gun feels just right in my hand, so I decided to go ahead with it.

There are alot of very good 9mm out there. I personally like the GEN4 Glock 17. PLus if you join a multiyear membership of Glock Shooting Sports Foundation you can buy 1 Glock annually at LEO prices. Example around $389 for a New G17 with 3 mags. Secondly you can compete in the GSSF shoots which are a blast for new and seasoned shooters. There is one coming up at Tri County the first weekend in June. Glock Sport Shooting Foundation

There are alot of very good 9mm out there. I personally like the GEN4 Glock 17. PLus if you join a multiyear membership of Glock Shooting Sports Foundation you can buy 1 Glock annually at LEO prices. Example around $389 for a New G17 with 3 mags. Secondly you can compete in the GSSF shoots which are a blast for new and seasoned shooters. There is one coming up at Tri County the first weekend in June. Glock Sport Shooting Foundation

That is really good information. I will keep that in mind and probably sign up for it before I am ready to buy another Glock.:s0155:

I was going to suggest this very same point IF you were interested in a Glock G17 or 19

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top