JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There are alot of very good 9mm out there. I personally like the GEN4 Glock 17. PLus if you join a multiyear membership of Glock Shooting Sports Foundation you can buy 1 Glock annually at LEO prices. Example around $389 for a New G17 with 3 mags. Secondly you can compete in the GSSF shoots which are a blast for new and seasoned shooters. There is one coming up at Tri County the first weekend in June. Glock Sport Shooting Foundation
Thank you, great tip! I wouldn't mind adding a 19 at some point, especially at LEO prices.

the best9mm.com list has the best 9mm available under $600. That will make it pretty affordable, relatively speaking. Some can be had for well under the $600 limit. The best bang for the buck, IMO, would be the CZ. It can be had for under $500, if you can find one. It should be valued much higher than the price tag suggests.

There are alot of very good 9mm out there. I personally like the GEN4 Glock 17. PLus if you join a multiyear membership of Glock Shooting Sports Foundation you can buy 1 Glock annually at LEO prices. Example around $389 for a New G17 with 3 mags. Secondly you can compete in the GSSF shoots which are a blast for new and seasoned shooters. There is one coming up at Tri County the first weekend in June. Glock Sport Shooting Foundation

If one were to join, how does one redeem this perk of membership?

If one were to join, how does one redeem this perk of membership?

When you sign up for a multi year membership you will receive a ID card and a pistol purchase card. You have to request the card. You then take to a participating Glock dealer (in Portland area I believe that is Keith's) they take card fill out appropriate paperwork and you are the new owner of Glock at LEO pricing.

nevermind i dug deeper you have to sign up for 2 year member ship and the price is 425 for a 19 wich is still a deal 60 for membership 425 for gun 485
$425 is max you will pay. I was told that Keiths sells for $389. I bought one last year in Colorado from Glock dealer and paid $379. Even though Glock says $425.

Has anyone got any comments on Hi-Point auto-loaders? I'm wanting to buy a carry pistol, not one I'll be shooting a lot, I'll practice with some 22's I have. I'm looking at the Hi-Point pistols because they are really inexpensive. What experience does anyone have with reliability? Misfires? Feed problems?

Has anyone got any comments on Hi-Point auto-loaders? I'm wanting to buy a carry pistol, not one I'll be shooting a lot, I'll practice with some 22's I have. I'm looking at the Hi-Point pistols because they are really inexpensive. What experience does anyone have with reliability? Misfires? Feed problems?

I wouldn't use one as a doorstop.

Just get a pocket knife.

When people who appear to be new to handguns write in looking for advice, it would be nice if we could be as objective as possible and avoid pushing our own biases on someone who doesn't have any yet. Let him develop his own. As to steel-vs-polymer-which-is-better thing, I'd just say the following. I've had the following along the way. A Springfield XD-9, a CZ-75B, a Kel Tek PF-9, a Bersa UC 40, a Baby Desert Eagle .45 (Formerly the Jericho), a S&W M&P 40 with 9mm conversion barrel), a Para GI Expert 1911 .45, a Springfield XD-45 Compact, a CZ P-07, and a Sig P220 Carry. Right now my inventory consists of a Rock Island Armory 1911 Officers .45, a Sig C3 1911, an S&W M&P full size .45, a Beretta 84FS (Cheetah) .380, a Sig P238, and a brand-new-on-the-market-best-kept-concealed-carry-secret Bersa BP9CC single stack .94"-wide polymer 8+1 9mm (great pistol with great reviews now showing up since they finally got ATF to let it in the country). If I could get any of the ones I've traded and sold back right now (for no money because I'm broke), I'd want...well, all of them. OK, maybe the Kel Tek could stay away, but not because it didn't function well. It did. It just didn't make me smile. So, steel vs polymer? I've had (and have) some of each. Maybe polymer doesn't make geckockn smile, but I'd opine that the which is better thing got answered a long time ago. It isn't what a gun's made of anymore...It's how it's designed and built. A polymer 9mm is a wrist breaker? My M&P .45 shoots even the heaviest +p ammo with less recoil than any other .45 acp I've ever fired, amazingly including the Sig P220. Modern engineering, computer-assisted design and machining, and better polymers have allowed manufacurers increasing mastery of the art of recoil management so that lighter polymer weapons can do that. Read the reviews on the new Springfield XD-S, a single stack 1-inch wide subcompact polymer 21.5 ounce .45 acp carry gun (I so badly crave this) and all of the expert reviewers who saw it and fired it at Shot Show 2012 commented on how much less recoil it had than they expected. Then they go on to explain that it's because Springfield engineered the recoil down to where It's amazingly manageable despite it's size and light weight Also, easily interchangeable backstraps on polymer frames pistols means shooters can very easily maximize the gun's fit to their hands. As I said earlier (way, way earlier), my suggestion is we avoid absolutes and let 9mmguy come to his own conclusions.

Thanks SynapticsSilence:
That was really well thought out and stated. I like the stopping power of the 45, but the blast and recoil of a GI 1911 has always bothered me. First shot was pretty good, but after that I was lucky to hit the paper target because of the flinching. That's why I was considering the 9mm or 40 cal.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top