JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Cz does have a lot of great offerings. I think that may be inevitably be where I end up at, but my hankering for a 1911 still exists.
1911 still has a safety. One of your requirements was no safety. You almost eliminated most semi-autos. There are still a few that don't have safeties, but not many.

If you already have Glock's then why mess with a good thing...

I get wanting a new gun but if it is for HD then personallyy I like to stick with stupid simple - G17 w/night sights loaded and a 33rnd fun stick and flashlight sit with it.

Right next to that is a 20" 870 police with wood, mag tube extension and ready to roll.

So my suggestion is get another glock and leave it on the nightstand:D

While in Brazil, I stayed at a private residence. At night we locked the hallway to the bedrooms and each bedroom had a locked door. I slept well, knowing that an external door had to be beaten down, then the hallway door, and finally the bedroom door. I apply similar principles to my house. As for the firearm recommendation, something you can easily manipulate and shoot well while you are half-awake and in the dark.

Be alright if they were all steel reinforced doors and frames... it doesn't take much to get thru a standard interior door!

About 14 feet. I described the whole thing in another thread on this site somewhere.

I'm thinkin Deja Vu.... Wait, did I already say that? ;)

Don't need a lock. Have these 2 :)

The little white one has super dog hearing. I come home while they are sleeping normally. Upstairs, door closed. I have tried making a game of getting in the house without them hearing me. I can fool the 14 year old dog easy. Some times the little black on too, that little white one? No way. No matter how hard I try when I start to open that door she is standing there waiting. At first it was a HUGE PITA. As when we were trying to sleep and the other would come to the door she would sound off and wake the other two. Now she somehow knows when it's us. She will not bark and wake the others but she is at that door. Now days when Amazon comes to the door I know. She will raise hell before they knock. It's scary how she knows someone is there.

View attachment 583827 View attachment 583828

LOL, yep that and all 4 pounds of her is terrifying to intruders . Hey she has a big dog heart though, just ask her. :)

I have a little white one that is 11yrs old and she is always on guard... anything that moves anywhere in the neighborhood and we know about it instantly!!

Taurus judge, shoot some .45 or .410 shotgun shell at an intruder.

Ahem, you may wish to consider how you put that... do you really shoot "at" an intruder? Or do you shoot the intruder as many times as needed to stop the threat? Just sayin...;)

leave it on the nightstand:D

Oh boy, you are in soooo much trouble now!!!! :p:p;)

This'll do:

m-45g_quad_50_4_of_4.jpg

Evening all!

I'm sitting here with a drink in hand thinking I'm in need of a new pistol for a bedside gun. Right now, I keep a shotgun for those bump in the night moments, but I would like an excuse to purchase another pistol. Here are my criteria:

-Sub $1000
-Rail for adding didicated weapon light
-9mm or 45 auto

Additional features I would find beneficial...
-Night sights
-Threaded barrel for party can
-No manual safety

My thoughts so far are offerings from CZ, or a 1911 of some sort. I have a one glock now and would like branch out towards other offerings. Before anyone throws out carbines and AR's, I'm not opposed to using them for home defense, I'm just looking for a pistol. Any suggestions are welcome!
Just pulling this off the top of my head, but maybe an HK 45 or possibly a Sig Sauer P229?
Not sure if either can be had with a threaded barrel....maybe that isn't so much a concern, but something nice to have, just for the hell of it?

Dean

I would skip the night sights.

Other than finding the pistol on the night stand in the dark...once you turn on a light, be it weapon mounted or hand held, the glow tubes get bleached out and you have regular sights.

Either stick with standard sights, or go with a fiber optic front. Then, when you turn on the wml or hand held, it glows.

Finding the weapon without turning on a light was why I specified night sights on my glock.

I agree that they serve no other purpose.

Evening all!

I'm sitting here with a drink in hand thinking I'm in need of a new pistol for a bedside gun. Right now, I keep a shotgun for those bump in the night moments, but I would like an excuse to purchase another pistol. Here are my criteria:

-Sub $1000
-Rail for adding didicated weapon light
-9mm or 45 auto

Additional features I would find beneficial...
-Night sights
-Threaded barrel for party can
-No manual safety

My thoughts so far are offerings from CZ, or a 1911 of some sort. I have a one glock now and would like branch out towards other offerings. Before anyone throws out carbines and AR's, I'm not opposed to using them for home defense, I'm just looking for a pistol. Any suggestions are welcome!

My brother swears by his Sig P228 (discontinued older model) the p220 / P226 (both models available in both calibers), little over the budget you're after (just discovered that- time flies and prices climb). I think they're DA / SA so you can keep one chambered and full length trigger pull like a revolver the first shot then short reset for any follow ups.

Last Edited:
I vote for the full size inexpensive M & P 2.0 pistols 45/9mm. I have never owned a Sig pistol
but every Sig I ever shot had a very nice trigger very accurate. :D
I prefer the manual safety.:eek:
DSC00266.JPG

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR