JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
People are calling it Zumba II

Recoil Magazine is Anti-Gun Apparently - AR15.COM

Hope they go out of business....

recoil.jpg

I do agree that certain weapons should not be in the hands of certain people. But then again certain people should not be allowed to have forks either. I find the market itself is pretty good at keeping high priced autos like this out of the hands of the wrong people on it's own simply by cost and effort to obtain. Granted, a weapon like this would make it very easy for one crazed person to kill a lot of innocent people very quickly (there is not denying that fact) but so does a pipe bomb...and they don't even have to be there to detonate the bombs.

I have only read one issue.. and wasn't overly impressed with it to begin with. Been seeing this post show up all over the internet today. Sad. Wasn't really planing to waste money on another copy any way, but really wont waste the money now.

Recoil's commentary said:
Mike Cabrera of Heckler & Koch Law Enforcement Sales and veteran law enforcement officer with SWAT unit experience points out that this is a gun that you do not want in the wrong, slimy hands.

Anyone know if that quote is in support of not offering the MP7 to civilian sales? If so, how many of you will opt to boycott HK because of that statement?

bubblegum you, JT, editor of Recoil magazine. How the bubblegum did you get your job, instead of the one more suited to your sensitive nature, like editor of Marie Claire or Seventeen? bubblegum!

This was good

Hey ANY gun can be a terrible threat to any human being,not just LEO and soldiers.
There are already ful auto out there and I'm sure kits or instructions to make others full auto.
The guy is just a little uninformed ,that's all

Oh I have never seen the rag.Not in amongst the farming magazines up here

I think Jim Fuller wrote a pretty good OpEd on the situation on FB today:

Rifle Dynamics said:
The Recoil Magazine Blunder
I have received a lot of questions about the recent article from Recoil magazine. In the interest of fairness Recoil did an article on our 502 rifles earlier this year. I meet and spent the day with Jerry Tsai and his photographer for the article.
· Jerry really screwed this one up, his original statement was out of line and his rebuttal was no help and likely made t...he situation worse. I was very disappointed when I read it and have spent the weekend thinking this through while watching the gun community's reaction.
While I don't know Jerry Tsai very well in the time I spent with him during the interview, it seemed he was rather new to the gun industry and for lack of a better term was "A very excitable boy". Jerry is from Ca. so I have a little insight into his "gun mindset" being a former Ca. resident myself. There are many Ca. gun owners due to the environment they live in become kind of recluse or in some cases embarrassed to admit they use firearms. This mindset opens the door for people to make stupid statements like Jerry's. Believe me the Ca. school system hasn't taught much about the constitution for many years and has actively brainwashed the population very effectively.
While I can't excuse Jerry's comments I can understand where they came from. I personally think Jerry was parroting the HK reps opinions without the experience/education in the industry to see the fallacy in that kind of thought process. HK has been know in the past to be very elitist when it come to civilian gun ownership.
The gun community's reaction has been strong as it should be, we should not tolerate this when we have to fight almost daily to keep our God given rights. On the other hand I am a firm believer in not actively hurting another gun industry business, as there are those who have tried to hurt my company, although not for the same reason. At RD we specialize in the most politically incorrect gun in history and have taken flack for it from my fellow gun owners and the general public. Yes I have had long time gun owners and very squared away warriors who don't run AK's say to me there's no need for "that gun" in our society. So this mindset while it is not voiced a lot does exist in the gun community.
As far as Recoils future, IMO Jerry Tsai needs to step down as editor and find someone who can repair the relationship with the gun community (if possible). I was a fan of the magazine before they ever did an article on RD. I like the format and look of the magazine and think it is a refreshing approach, I just hope they can do the right thing and repair the damage they created.
Time and public opinion will tell.

Back to my original question about HK, I think Jim's statement about HK is likely spot-on, so I want to re-raise the question a little differently: knowing that HK would support keeping certain types of their firearms out of your hands, how many of you are willing to no longer buy HK or would consider selling your existing HKs to make a statement against the company itself? It's pretty easy to not spend $10 on a magazine, but are you willing to part with any connection you have with HK?

Personally I don't have any Hk's. If someone wanted to GIVE me a MP5 SD and pay for the stamps I would probably take it.:s0114:

Here's a little Hk humor, shamelessly copied and pasted from somewhere:

"An open letter to the gun community from HK’s marketing department:

In a world of compromises, some people put the bullets in the magazine backwards…But it doesn’t matter, because our gun is on the cover of the Rainbow Six video games. Look how cool that SEAL coming out of the water looks… If you buy a $2,000 SOCOM, you will be that cool of an operator too. And chicks will dig you.

At HK, we stuck a piston on an AR15, just like a bunch of other companies have done, dating back to about 1969. However ours is better, because we refuse to sell it to civilians. Because you suck, and we hate you.

Our XM8 is the greatest rifle ever developed. It may melt, and it doesn’t fit any accessories known to man, but that is your fault. If you were a real operator, you would love it. Once again, look at Rainbow Six, that G36 sure is cool isn’t it? Yeah, you know you want one.And by the way, check out our new HK45. We decided that humans don’t need to release the magazine with their thumbs. If you were a really manly teutonic operator, you would be able to reach the controls. Plus we’ve fired 100,000,000 rounds through one with zero malfunctions, and that was while it was buried in a lake of molten lava, on the moon. If you don’t believe us, it is because you aren’t a real operator.

By the way, our cheap, mass-produced, stamped sheet metal guns like the G3 and MP5 are the bestest things ever, and totally worth asinine scalpers prices, but note that cheap, mass-produced, stamped sheet metal guns from other countries are commie garbage. Not that it matters, because you’re civilians, so we won’t sell them to you anyway. Because you suck, and we hate you, but we know you’ll be back. We can beat you down like a trailer park wife, but you’ll come back, you always do.

Buy our stuff.

Sincerely

HK Marketing DepartmentHK. Because you suck. And we hate you."

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR