Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Recoil magazine is apparently "Anti-Gun"

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by coctailer, Sep 9, 2012.

1. coctailer

coctailer Portland, OR/Hastings, MI/Vancouver,WA I run with scissors.

2. CleverName

CleverName Southern Oregon Active Member

I read that earlier. The guy tried to clarify what he had said and only made it worse. Thats a magazine I wont buy again.

nwwoodsman and (deleted member) like this.
  3. ThemGunsThough

ThemGunsThough RIP City! Well-Known Member

Thanks for the read. The guy seems like a douche bag.

4. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

I do agree that certain weapons should not be in the hands of certain people. But then again certain people should not be allowed to have forks either. I find the market itself is pretty good at keeping high priced autos like this out of the hands of the wrong people on it's own simply by cost and effort to obtain. Granted, a weapon like this would make it very easy for one crazed person to kill a lot of innocent people very quickly (there is not denying that fact) but so does a pipe bomb...and they don't even have to be there to detonate the bombs.

5. billyinfinity

billyinfinity Portland All pie, all the time. 2015 Volunteer

6. dmancornell

dmancornell Portland, OR New Member

They're probably not anti-gun, they're just pro-government.

Which is a million times worse.

badclam, timac, davemata and 9 others like this.
  7. gehrheart

gehrheart fidalgo island Well-Known Member

I have only read one issue.. and wasn't overly impressed with it to begin with. Been seeing this post show up all over the internet today. Sad. Wasn't really planing to waste money on another copy any way, but really wont waste the money now.

8. SavageGerbil

SavageGerbil Salem, OR Active Member

Ouch, stupid move so early after their release, guessing Guns & Ammo won't be sweating potential competition from these guys

9. FullCaliberII

FullCaliberII Pierce County, WA Active Member

Eh, I'll still buy it. I like the full size pictures of the handguns they review.

10. SonicBlue03

SonicBlue03 Snohomish Well-Known Member

Anyone know if that quote is in support of not offering the MP7 to civilian sales? If so, how many of you will opt to boycott HK because of that statement?

11. PlayboyPenguin

What does it say about my personality that I want one of these really badly now that I am being told I should not have one?

12. SonicBlue03

Dunno about your personality, but I definitely know you're 'Merkin.

Mr. Ben and (deleted member) like this.
  13. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

People still read magazines :dunno: :poke:

14. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Wow! I hope one of those baby's never falls into my slimy hands! Lame mag anyway, no loss!

15. PlayboyPenguin

I'm a hairpiece used by 18th century prostitutes to replace shaved pubic hair?

16. coctailer

coctailer Portland, OR/Hastings, MI/Vancouver,WA I run with scissors.

That was a crappy mag anyway.

Every paragraph had the words "this is a Game Changer" in it.

I read one issue and never had the desire to read another. I'm surprised they made it this far.

17. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

This was good

Hey ANY gun can be a terrible threat to any human being,not just LEO and soldiers.
    There are already ful auto out there and I'm sure kits or instructions to make others full auto.
    The guy is just a little uninformed ,that's all

Oh I have never seen the rag.Not in amongst the farming magazines up here

18. SonicBlue03

You say that like that's a *bad* thing.

19. SonicBlue03

I think Jim Fuller wrote a pretty good OpEd on the situation on FB today:

Back to my original question about HK, I think Jim's statement about HK is likely spot-on, so I want to re-raise the question a little differently: knowing that HK would support keeping certain types of their firearms out of your hands, how many of you are willing to no longer buy HK or would consider selling your existing HKs to make a statement against the company itself? It's pretty easy to not spend $10 on a magazine, but are you willing to part with any connection you have with HK?

20. BillM

BillM Amity OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Personally I don't have any Hk's. If someone wanted to GIVE me a MP5 SD and pay for the stamps I would probably take it.:laugh:

Here's a little Hk humor, shamelessly copied and pasted from somewhere:

"An open letter to the gun community from HK’s marketing department:

In a world of compromises, some people put the bullets in the magazine backwards…But it doesn’t matter, because our gun is on the cover of the Rainbow Six video games. Look how cool that SEAL coming out of the water looks… If you buy a $2,000 SOCOM, you will be that cool of an operator too. And chicks will dig you.

At HK, we stuck a piston on an AR15, just like a bunch of other companies have done, dating back to about 1969. However ours is better, because we refuse to sell it to civilians. Because you suck, and we hate you.

Our XM8 is the greatest rifle ever developed. It may melt, and it doesn’t fit any accessories known to man, but that is your fault. If you were a real operator, you would love it. Once again, look at Rainbow Six, that G36 sure is cool isn’t it? Yeah, you know you want one.And by the way, check out our new HK45. We decided that humans don’t need to release the magazine with their thumbs. If you were a really manly teutonic operator, you would be able to reach the controls. Plus we’ve fired 100,000,000 rounds through one with zero malfunctions, and that was while it was buried in a lake of molten lava, on the moon. If you don’t believe us, it is because you aren’t a real operator.

By the way, our cheap, mass-produced, stamped sheet metal guns like the G3 and MP5 are the bestest things ever, and totally worth asinine scalpers prices, but note that cheap, mass-produced, stamped sheet metal guns from other countries are commie garbage. Not that it matters, because you’re civilians, so we won’t sell them to you anyway. Because you suck, and we hate you, but we know you’ll be back. We can beat you down like a trailer park wife, but you’ll come back, you always do.

Buy our stuff.

Sincerely

HK Marketing DepartmentHK. Because you suck. And we hate you."