JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I like the mag each issue has a cool DIY section and the review every thing guns, ammo, parts, tech, cars its an all around guy magazine I have subscriptions to guns and ammo and shotgun news and a few others and it seems like they all for the most part are the same magazines so I hope recoil continues to publish magazines

You forgot that HK killed Osama Bin Ladin...

Their kraut eating 4.6mm is vastly superior to those waffle eating 5.7mm PDWs

I'll stick with the US American stuff.

As far as the magazine goes. They won't get any of my money, but I might fondle one or two at Barnes and Noble. :)

This has happened before with disaster for the fools who stated such crud. You would think they would learn but then maybe Santayana was 100% right

In a perfect world we wouldn't even be having this conversation, because in a perfect world only upstanding, responsible people would own firearms and we wouldn't have to worry every time someone gets up and leaves during a movie or that person wearing a long coat in the middle of summer, but we
do, I'm all for recreational shooting, hunting, home defense, and the right to bear arms being an Oregon resident I have the privilege of buying selling and trading firearms with out a background check and in a perfect world only people who can legally own and operate firearms would take advantage of this, but back to reality we don't live in a perfect world and there is reason to be concerned there is a reason to be prepared to defend you and your loved ones from some unbalanced person who could obtain a class three weapon and go on a rampage, but hey if living in a make believe world helps you get thru the day and sleep at night by all means, me ill make sure my door is locked and my glock is with in reach

The MP7 is cute but one OO buckshot round equates to about a third of its magazine capacity... For CQB I'd rather have a shotgun, for longer range I'll stick with a standard M4 carbine. I do want a P90 cause I'm a Stargate fan though... :)

In a perfect world we wouldn't even be having this conversation, because in a perfect world only upstanding, responsible people would own firearms and we wouldn't have to worry every time someone gets up and leaves during a movie or that person wearing a long coat in the middle of summer, but we
do, I'm all for recreational shooting, hunting, home defense, and the right to bear arms being an Oregon resident I have the privilege of buying selling and trading firearms with out a background check and in a perfect world only people who can legally own and operate firearms would take advantage of this, but back to reality we don't live in a perfect world and there is reason to be concerned there is a reason to be prepared to defend you and your loved ones from some unbalanced person who could obtain a class three weapon and go on a rampage, but hey if living in a make believe world helps you get thru the day and sleep at night by all means, me ill make sure my door is locked and my glock is with in reach

Period.........

I believe this whole thing got started over Daniel Defense's MP7A1 "Like we mentioned before, the MP7A1 is unavailable to civilians and for good reason. We all know that's technology no civvies should ever get to lay their hands on. This is a purpose-built weapon with no sporting application to speak of." –Jerry Tsai, editor of RECOIL Magazine

DD has an excellent response on their website, they address the statment made by recoil and they also clarify their position! Good for them!!!!!!:s0155:
I own several DD products and will be sending them an email thanking them for taking a stand regarding their principles! That is not easy to do sometimes especially in these tough times we are in!

Last Edited:
STATEMENT FROM JERRY TSAI - RECOIL

He resigned.

I must say I don't know whom I'm more disappointed with the awful quote from HK and Jerry that started this whole mess or the response from the gun community that crucified this guy, instead of taking a step back and reasoning with the man to try and show him the error of his ways ala Zumbo.

Well congrats gun community you've quenched your bloodlust. And can go back to buying HK products even though Jerry was just parroting what they initially said. No matter how much CYA PR, HK does, the lot of you will continue to buy their overpriced german wunderguns.

Really nailed it out of the park on this one, really.

Zumbo was initially quite unrepentant and only backed off after he realized he was done for if he did not recant.. I never trusted him nor do I, now

Yawn, another non-story. This guy didn't even know the no-2A-compromise lobby existed. His magazine was just T&A with a few guns tossed in.

A better goal would be to purge every single sporting purpose apologist from our ranks. Let's start with the NRA.

Zumbo was initially quite unrepentant and only backed off after he realized he was done for if he did not recant.. I never trusted him nor do I, now

I dunno about that, Blitz.

Zumbo is a pal of mine and I talked to him right after the lynch mob formed, I think the day after he filed that on-line column. It was my impression he knew he screwed up almost right after he hit the "send" button.

I'm kind of inclined to concur with Boxer on this. The internet is a rather horrid place at times because people who hide behind nicknames can launch all manner of invective at someone, rather than take a breath and speak to someone for a perceived gaffe in a rational, educational spirit.

I saw some of the missives that were launched against Zumbo, and quite frankly, a few people here in the gun community are thugs. It's one thing to disagree with someone, and quite another to suggest causing him physical harm, and I seem to recall some of that, and I don't like it. I've had people threaten me, and one time somebody threatened my family.

Sure, what Zumbo said offended a lot of people, me included. We needn't behave like Libyans, if you get my drift. Instead of greasing my noose, I called him up, we had a lengthy chat and when it was done, he understood he was wrong.

A shooting school in Ohio IIRC hosted him at an AR class (with full auto!) and he ate it up. I did a story about that in GUN WEEK. He had a ball, wrote about it somewhere else and went hunting coyotes with Nugent down in Texas somewhere, IIRC, and they both used ARs.

Zumbo has paid his dues many times over in firearms journalism and promoting shooting and hunting, for a lot longer than some of his critics have been alive..

Maybe some folks ought to keep that in perspective. Just sayin'

A better goal would be to purge every single sporting purpose apologist from our ranks. Let's start with the NRA.

So, I'm gessing that your not a member of the NRA? Too bad, it's the most powerful lobby in the world and you don't belong?

I can get you sigend up when you join, let me know!

Deen
NRA Life Member Benefactor Level and Recruiter

With all this talk of zumbo's "perceived gaffe", I think it's important to be reminded of what the clown said:

I must be living in a vacuum. The guides on our hunt tell me that the use of AR and AK rifles have a rapidly growing following among hunters, especially prairie dog hunters. I had no clue. Only once in my life have I ever seen anyone using one of these firearms. I call them "assault" rifles, which may upset some people. Excuse me, maybe I'm a traditionalist, but I see no place for these weapons among our hunting fraternity. I'll go so far as to call them "terrorist" rifles. They tell me that some companies are producing assault rifles that are "tackdrivers." Sorry, folks, in my humble opinion, these things have no place in hunting. We don't need to be lumped into the group of people who terrorize the world with them, which is an obvious concern. I've always been comfortable with the statement that hunters don't use assault rifles. We've always been proud of our "sporting firearms." This really has me concerned. As hunters, we don't need the image of walking around the woods carrying one of these weapons. To most of the public, an assault rifle is a terrifying thing. Let's divorce ourselves from them. I say game departments should ban them from the praries [sic] and woods

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top