JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Waitaminute...
To my knowledge, Zumbo hasn't said zip about ARs other than he's had a change of heart, and that he's found them to be far more versatile than he thought.

Maybe his internet critics ought to find some other dog to kick.

I must be living in a vacuum. The guides on our hunt tell me that the use of AR and AK rifles have a rapidly growing following among hunters, especially prairie dog hunters. I had no clue. Only once in my life have I ever seen anyone using one of these firearms. I call them "assault" rifles, which may upset some people. Excuse me, maybe I'm a traditionalist, but I see no place for these weapons among our hunting fraternity. I'll go so far as to call them "terrorist" rifles. They tell me that some companies are producing assault rifles that are "tackdrivers." Sorry, folks, in my humble opinion, these things have no place in hunting. We don't need to be lumped into the group of people who terrorize the world with them, which is an obvious concern. I've always been comfortable with the statement that hunters don't use assault rifles. We've always been proud of our "sporting firearms." This really has me concerned. As hunters, we don't need the image of walking around the woods carrying one of these weapons. To most of the public, an assault rifle is a terrifying thing. Let's divorce ourselves from them. I say game departments should ban them from the praries [sic] and woods

I understand he is your friend, and you will defend him. Friends are supposed to do that, and I respect you for doing so.
I am proud of the work you do and your presence on this forum, and I'm not trying to "Get Your Goat". I hope you know that.

I get spun out sometimes on the "Sporting Purpose" moniker tossed around.

Tsai and Zumbo need to know (even with his "change of heart/I guess these guns are kinda versatile kinda way") that these guns are designed to kill people.
It is our right to own these guns to kill those attacking our country. Those holding a knife to our wives' neck in a robbery/rape. Those invading our home to kill and loot in a natural disaster.

Again, I'm not trying to "poke you in the chest". Just trying to put a fine point on the Core issue.
People say things like Tsai did because they believe it is right. He still believes it, but apologizes to make the mad people content.
People with these beliefs do not belong in a position to mold the minds of Americans.

I understand he is your friend, and you will defend him. Friends are supposed to do that, and I respect you for doing so.
I am proud of the work you do and your presence on this forum, and I'm not trying to "Get Your Goat". I hope you know that.

I get spun out sometimes on the "Sporting Purpose" moniker tossed around.

Tsai and Zumbo need to know (even with his "change of heart/I guess these guns are kinda versatile kinda way") that these guns are designed to kill people.
It is our right to own these guns to kill those attacking our country. Those holding a knife to our wives' neck in a robbery/rape. Those invading our home to kill and loot in a natural disaster.

Again, I'm not trying to "poke you in the chest". Just trying to put a fine point on the Core issue.
People say things like Tsai did because they believe it is right. He still believes it, but apologizes to make the mad people content.
People with these beliefs do not belong in a position to mold the minds of Americans.

Ha! Thanks for your support. Very kind of you.

I suppose one could say that every gun in history was originally designed to kill somebody. Every firearm that ever became popular as a "sporting weapon" evolved from a "military" weapon. Matchlock, flinter, caplock, revolver, repeating rifle...you name it, it's been on a battlefield somewhere.

"Points" can sometimes be made too fine, amigo, and it is the way those fine points are made that can turn a healthy conversation into a pitched battle that leaves the participants looking like belligerent internet thugs.

And it is the anonymous, bullying nature of some of these criticisms that is offensive and in the end, it really doesn't accomplish anything. It's why I disdain internet handles — no offense meant, it's become the norm on all sorts of forums — but if I'm going to call someone a (pick a foul, vulgar adjective) or say he ought to be purged for having an opinion other than my own, I'm going to put my name on it. That's a side issue, perhaps, but I've seen this sort of thing devolve into death threats.

The Zumbo thing was what, four or five years ago? It's probably time for the gun community to get over it. I have my own opinion about why Tsai said what he did, but since I've never met the guy — and that holds true for probably 99% of Zumbo's most belligerent critics — I'll keep that one to myself.

What he wrote appears to have been remarkably and arrogantly stupid to a lot of people. He has effectively been lynched by the mob.

Now would be a good time for a lot of people to take a deep breath, sit back and give some thought to this in a reflective manner.

It's always good for people to stick up for what they believe in. I do that for a living. It's how they deliver the message that sometimes gets off track.

I make my living thanks to the First Amendment, and I always defend someone else's right to say what he thinks, even if I know it is fundamentally wrong. For too many others, alas, they seem to have set themselves up as the arbiters of what is right and wrong, and if you don't agree with them down to the nth degree, they try to destroy you. What begins as a philosophical disagreement becomes irrational hatred.

After a while, you sit back and ask, "What's the point?"

I'm going hunting today. It clears one's mind.
:s0155:

I make my living thanks to the First Amendment, and I always defend someone else's right to say what he thinks, even if I know it is fundamentally wrong. For too many others, alas, they seem to have set themselves up as the arbiters of what is right and wrong, and if you don't agree with them down to the nth degree, they try to destroy you. What begins as a philosophical disagreement becomes irrational hatred.

I can't be the only person who sees the hilarity of this paragraph in particular.

In the first part of the paragraph you say you always defend peoples right to say what they think, but in the second half you condemn them for doing it.

You say that others have "set themselves up as the arbiters of what is right and wrong" in the same paragraph that you not only declare yourself as the arbiter or right and wrong, but also of what is rational and irrational.

Condemning someone for condemning someone is right up there with cursing someone out for cursing.

The Zumbo thing was what, four or five years ago? It's probably time for the gun community to get over it.

Sorry Dave...no dice from me. Zumbo likes to think that he speaks for the firearm community due to his fame. If more of the "black community" raised hell over the racist crap that spews out of Al Sharpton's mouth then maybe Al Sharpton would be knocked off his high horse, as well. Same goes for the extremists overseas. I'm not for this "let bygones be bygones". If we took something out of context and misunderstood their stance, then so be it, we should "let it go." However, Zumbo spoke on what he truly felt about semi-auto firearms and his stance on the Assault Weapons Ban. Only when an uproar from the gun community threatened to knock him down like it did with the Dixy Chicks did he go "oh, my bad...ARs are good too."

Sorry but I'm calling foul.

This Recoil editor, along with Zumbo, gave their true and honest opinion about civilians owning certain types of firearms. They have no idea what the 2nd Amendment means or the intent from the founding fathers to spew that crap from their mouths. No idea.

It is made to put down scumbags, and that’s it. Mike Cabrera of Heckler & Koch Law Enforcement Sales and veteran law enforcement officer with SWAT unit experience points out that this is a gun that you do not want in the wrong, slimy hands.
According to this logic, I should never be able to own my Glock or shotgun. The 2A was not add to the constitution for sporting purposes. It is there to fight the scumbags and the slime balls.

According to this logic, I should never be able to own my Glock or shotgun. The 2A was not add to the constitution for sporting purposes. It is there to fight the scumbags and the slime balls.

Thee second amendment is about protecting yourself,family,community,country from any and all that would try to harm you in your pursuit of a free life as guaranteed by Constitution and Bill of Bights. It's about suppressing tyranny.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top