JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I put up an ad selling shotgun slugs and 00 Buck. I was told by a moderator this was 'extremely illegal' unless I have a class 6 FFL. Can someone help me understand why, and if there are any workarounds? I can make them glow in the dark, which is something stores do not have. Can they be sold partially intact, like filled with its contents, but have the buyer roll crimp the rounds? Any advise would be most welcomed.
Thanks
Ryan

I would suggest you consider partnering with someone / a business who IS a Class 6 FFL, licensed to manufacture ammunition. I had known a guy who founded https://sagesreloadingsupply.com/ haven't been in touch for several years now but that's something to consider. His operation was in Renton, WA.

FWIW - if you do decide to go into manufacturing ammo, I suggest that you start with virgin components and do not call it reloading. If the shotgun "hulls" are virgin, then it isn't reloading and some people, like me, will not buy reloaded ammo. I will reload my own ammo, but I won't buy reloaded ammo as I have no idea how many times the cartridge case has been reloaded or what the previous loads were.

I had a commercially reloaded (by a well known reloading corporation) 9x19 cartridge let go at the web of the case and slightly injure my son in law while we were shooting. Since my daughter was also shooting at the same range with the same ammo, it could just as easily been her. :eek:

Never again.

It's funny how some believe it's legal to sell personal reloads as components in the reloading section but it is illegal to sell those same reloads in the ammo classified section. Either it's legal or it's not. I believe it's legal unless you are doing it as a business to support your livelihood in which case you should get a license.
So I can list them as components under the reloading section. I have 16 boxes, which is too many for me. I am not making any after this unless something changes. So ya, they are mine and were over-production

Keep in mind that many manufacturers of perfectly good products get sued anyway if their product was anywhere near an accident. Even a successful defense before trial takes a lot of money which ideally comes from an insurer.
I'm sorry you had that experience. I use new hulls and all components are new. Each is powdered by an automatic powder dispenser (which is much slower than you would think if you were ever looking to buy). Anyway, all new components and exact powder charges.

So I can list them as components under the reloading section. I have 16 boxes, which is too many for me. I am not making any after this unless something changes. So ya, they are mine and were over-production
Yep. I would add a disclaimer that the buyer should use them as components only to appease the safety sams and sallys out there.

FWIW - if you do decide to go into manufacturing ammo, I suggest that you start with virgin components and do not call it reloading. If the shotgun "hulls" are virgin, then it isn't reloading and some people, like me, will not buy reloaded ammo. I will reload my own ammo, but I won't buy reloaded ammo as I have no idea how many times the cartridge case has been reloaded or what the previous loads were.

I had a commercially reloaded (by a well known reloading corporation) 9x19 cartridge let go at the web of the case and slightly injure my son in law while we were shooting. Since my daughter was also shooting at the same range with the same ammo, it could just as easily been her. :eek:

Never again.
I have heard so many horror stories like that! Ugh. These are new hulls, all new components powdered by an automatic powder dispenser so each round has the exact same charge. I made 16 boxes for me, too many, will probably not be making any more unless something changes.

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top