Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

RCBS Universal case prep center

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by tlfreek, Feb 5, 2014.

1. tlfreek

tlfreek Vancouver WA Active Member

just got this today and ran around 20 cases through it. This thing is money. I wish I would have bought it a long time ago. Consistent, Precise and fast. It's a little on the spendy side, but it will trim hours off your prep time if you are doing it by hand like I was.

2. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

I have one and like it ok, I just don't use it much.

I bought mine to speed up de-burring and chamfering my trimmed brass. I found that getting 3-way cutting heads was a much better use of my money.

When doing small batches I think the primer pocket removal tool does a great job, but when doing big batches the Dillion swager does a much quicker job.

3. tlfreek

tlfreek Vancouver WA Active Member

Cid - does yours also do case trimming? It's so fast that while your deburring the machine is actually trimming your next case to exact spec. I think its great.

4. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

:wow: I guess I had my names mixed up. I have a Trim Pro Power Case Trimmer and a Trim Mate. I was thinking the Trim Mate was called a Universal Prep Center.

That actually looks like a very cool unit, and yet I can not find it on RCBS's website. I did find it on a web search. I actually might have to upgrade to that. I would still advocate the use of a 3 way trimmer with that unit. Then I would use the center for taking care of military crimps.