JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
All it takes is one of those bassturds to muck up a prepping sessionand this is why I ordered replacement decapping pins through squirrel daddy a week ago. I received them today and promptly tested on some military 30-06 surplus crimped brass, they worked flawlessly!
I also ordered three of the 223/5.56 pins for my resizing die just in case those hard to deprime cases sneak in.

View attachment 1341402 View attachment 1341403
Thinking about buying one of the Mighty Armory ones. Debating if it's even worth messing with the brass. I really like their rifle brass not sure about the 9mm.

I have a set way for doing brass and I believe I have perfected that process with the new dies that I just bought.
I reclaim tons of brass and it is against my better judgment to not use the best headstamps that come through the shop.
Good luck with your journey.

I bought a pack of the Squirrel Daddy pins for my Franford hand deprimer, they feel bulletproof. Not sure I want to try on Norma brass but I'm tempted. Really like how the pin is tapered.

I was processing 9mm yesterday for my wife. Found about 2 dozen Norma 9mm with small flash holes. Found equally as many with normal flash holes as well. I am surprised just how tough the Dillon Die depriming pin is! Going to have to tell her to quit picking up other peoples brass at the range when she's done shooting! :D
I found some pics that I had taken about the same problem. What I've surmised from this is that the head stamp will tell you which cases have the small flash holes.

B109D1BB-E5A9-417A-A21C-DAC444A53B37.jpeg 951D49AE-EA0D-4EF2-AEAF-422F99989EC6.jpeg

All it takes is one of those bassturds to muck up a prepping sessionand this is why I ordered replacement decapping pins through squirrel daddy a week ago. I received them today and promptly tested on some military 30-06 surplus crimped brass, they worked flawlessly!
I also ordered three of the 223/5.56 pins for my resizing die just in case those hard to deprime cases sneak in.

View attachment 1341402 View attachment 1341403
Two is one and one is none. Six is a good start.

I ordered another Frankford Arsenal Hand Depriming Tool last week and will buy another one here shortly. They come with three plastic incerts to handle the different sixes on the cases.
So I will have three of them set up with the different size incerts so I won't have to do the switcheroo when I want to deprime different size cases.

20230115_130432.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads