JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
from a desktop
its a little clunky, but after you pick one caliber or one bullet/powder select the +Add Selection button to add one more.
Your cartridges will show up in a list, if you click on the > icon it expands that selection. Expand All shows them both together.

View attachment 1785470
I decided to use 6.5 swede for the test.
So I figured out the part that you leave bullet selection un checked. You get ALL bullet weights, all ten of them. I click one powder company, Winchester. All others disappear. So do two bullet weights.
Select one powder maker, others disappear
I hit get data, and data for one powder shows up with eight bullet weights. I really only want one or two bullet weights.
If I hit "Add Selection" with only one selection of each? I get it NOW!. Thank you! I wish someone would explain how this is better than the old way?

SUCKS Bigly! Why do these people do this?
(Is "bigly" a word?) Well, this is how it usually goes with web design and IT stuff. The people who run it are never satisfied, they always have to be "improving" things. After all, they make their living tinkering with such stuff, so of course they have to come up with new things. There is no such thing as leaving well enough alone. The trolls of web design and IT can always think of reasons to make things "better."

Microsoft Windows programs are a shining example. Like when they came out with Vista, then of course another "improved" version had to come along shortly thereafter to fix that. Of course MS has battalions and armies of people working on these things. If they don't find things to change, they run out of work, and therefore a job. Or Jobs. Get it? And product to sell.

On the other hand, when you encounter a really, really crappy website, it never gets improved. It just lurks there forever, having to be stumbled through by users one and all. Gunbroker, are you listening?

I decided to use 6.5 swede for the test.
So I figured out the part that you leave bullet selection un checked. You get ALL bullet weights, all ten of them. I click one powder company, Winchester. All others disappear. So do two bullet weights.
Select one powder maker, others disappear
I hit get data, and data for one powder shows up with eight bullet weights. I really only want one or two bullet weights.
If I hit "Add Selection" with only one selection of each? I get it NOW!. Thank you! I wish someone would explain how this is better than the old way?
So I don't know specifically which load/bullet/powder combinations you were looking at for the 6.5 non-Creedmoor round but here is my $.02.

Always on their site, bullet weights disappear as you click specific powder combinations. When you click "Winchester" powders, there will be many options. But when you click on a specific powder in the Winchester line, some of the bullet weights may disappear because they do not have a developed load for that powder with that bullet weight. Could this be what you are seeing. Forgive me, sincerely, if this is not what you are experiencing.

For example, when you click on the 6.5, there are 10 different bullet weights. When you click on Winchester powders it goes down to eight. Select Supreme 780 and the options go down to three, because there are only three bullet weights available in the 6.5 Swede using that powder.

If I am just not understanding, forgive me, it would not be the first time today that I thought I was helping and drove the truck off the cliff. 🤪

Forgive me, sincerely, if this is not what you are experiencing.
No problem here! I already have loads that work fine for the Swede, I was just using that as an example. I figured out how to work their Brand new, all improved, (in someone's head), reloading data site! I'll be able to get what I need from it. They have everything I need except exactly why they think it's better than the old site. It just going to take longer to get the data.

Modern Reloading by Richard Lee. 38,000+ loads. Open to any page you want. A compilation of data for virtually all cartridges, propellants and bullet weights. About $30. Arrives before Christmas.
That's a fine looking, good priced book! I notice they have also come up with a 51st Lyman book too now. My original was a 49th Lyman. I was glad to see a 50th, but it seemed to be the same as 49th for what I load. That's okay, I've got set loads for what I do load, and not looking to get any other calibers any time soon.

That's a fine looking, good priced book! I notice they have also come up with a 51st Lyman book too now. My original was a 49th Lyman. I was glad to see a 50th, but it seemed to be the same as 49th for what I load. That's okay, I've got set loads for what I do load, and not looking to get any other calibers any time soon.
LEE is normally quite conservative in their own data, but this book has compiled all available data from bullet and powder manufacturers and is powder and even bullet-specific. Plus Mr. Lee's accumulated knowledge from decades of reloading. Pretty darned good deal.

I have found this book to be a good bit of kit figureing out what a powder is good for:
Thanks for sharing this video and reference to this book.

I started receiving Handloader magazine a couple years ago on a free trial. Ended up purchasing a couple year subscription when the free trial ran out. I've found it useful, particularly the section which it appears they compiled over time in this book. I remember thinking to myself "I should cut out and save the propellant profile article in each issue and put them in a binder". This book would save me the trouble for the older articles; hopefully they publish a more current version again before long.

EDIT - I looked this book up and it appears that it's out of print. Saw a 5th edition on eBay for just under $100. Hopefully Wolfe will release an update. Maybe I will inquire with them.

Last Edited:
I visited Hodgdon's site last night. One of the more counter-intuitive sites I've been to in a while.
You've used it before the change, right? I'm pretty sure i can get used to it, it'll just take some using it to get good at it. If not, well, I've still got a couple of books to lean on.

It is new and different, but it still only took me a couple of clicks to find the data I was looking for. I was looking for a 44 Special load with a 200gr lead RNFP. so click on those 2 items in the drop down menus, leave the powder choices blank and I got 15 or so loads to chose from. Ignoring the powders I don't have on hand let me to 5 or so loads that would be just fine. Easy-Peasy.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top