JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If the firearms posts burn your butt, stay The F out the ammunition section, bunch of shatty gougers there. Even the vendors are gouging the crap out of ammo, I can still find it at BiMart cheaper and bulk is out there at a good price but goes quick
I thank you for opening the ammo subject so we can keep up on the prices . Would pre-covid ammo be worth more since there was more quality control ? Is the new stuff being pushed out quickly so they can rake in the cash ? It seems like pre- ban firearms bring more well pre-covid stuff should as well I am joking but maybe not a little .

tumblr_o8pxws8iNw1qc5dpuo1_500_zps0eudtajd.gif

I recently sold a shotgun for pretty close to the total cost of the upgrades. Just because it was the way I wanted it doesn't mean I'm justified requesting a thousand dollars for a 400 dollar shotgun.
That said, if someone would have offered it I would have been retarded to refuse.

First off, this is my opinion, you're not obligated to agree.

Classifieds.

Why are people listing every dollar they spend on every accessory as a part of their listing? I get it's an free market and people have the right to charge what they want. But there are so bloody many accessories available out there, it's hard to imagine any two people would agree on the same perfect setup. Thus, i hate to break it to you, a good portion of your aftermarket accessories will be removed and replaced. Also, if you insist on listing these items and their prices in addition to the base price of the gun, why am I not being credited the purchase cost of the original equipment?

Bottom line, your math is flawed and over pricing items because of aftermarket accessories is killing the cost vs benefit of a second hand market. I'll keep buying new over these prices 9/10 times. The real value here are older, out of production and collectable items. Not sure when profiteering became more important than community, but some of you should be ashamed of yourselves.

For those of you butt hurt about my truth, take this into account: many upgrades you do to your home don't actually increase the value. Especially cosmetic upgrades. Fancy dishwasher? No value change. Top of the line heat pump? No value change. These items just increase the desirability of your item vs another item, and may lead to a quicker sale. The investment is unchanged.
Yea so the classified rules are clear. People are allowed to ask whatever they want. If u don't like their ad then move on to another ad or there is always armslist, or gunbroker, or buy new.

Been combing through the Classifieds a lot lately, trying to decide "what next?", and several things are really starting to bug me. First, folks that list an item as "For sale or trade", then state cash only, no trades in the ad. Or worse, they say "sale or trade", you make a trade offer, and they come back with no, cash only.

Second, items that have been traded or sold, they post the item as gone, but the ad is never locked, so it keeps coming up in searches for open ads. Finally, guys that joined the forum 2 years ago just to sell something, then disappear, never to be heard from again, but with an open ad still out there. I belong to other forums that have ways to deal with some of this, and I was wondering if something similar could be introduced here, on the assumption that I'm not the only one that finds this stuff aggravating.

First, a 25 post minimum required before being allowed to post stuff in the Classifieds, this helps limit the folks just looking for a venue to sell something, but not contribute to the forum in any way. Second, a time limit on how long an ad can stay active, after which it gets deleted, or goes into an archive. Finally, a little more diligence by our members. Check your Classified ads occasionally, make sure what you have listed is still active. And if you want to sell something list it for sale, not for sale or trade. I could comment on the frequency of "no shipping", but that IS a personal issue, I live in the boonies and FTF is almost always out of the question for me, either buying or selling. I have stuff I'd sell right now, but shipping cost either forces me to take too big a loss, or price myself out of the market. On the flip side, I frequently see stuff I'm interested in, but the ad says no shipping.

Thanks for staying with this, just one guy venting, forgive me if this is just beating a dead horse. Later.

Dave

It's beating a dead horse. My ignore list is long and distinguished, it's almost as big as Mike Johnson.

Out of curiosity, what do you consider to be "contributing to the forum"?

Finally, guys that joined the forum 2 years ago just to sell something, then disappear, never to be heard from again, but with an open ad still out there. I belong to other forums that have ways to deal with some of this, and I was wondering if something similar could be introduced here,
Use the report button....and a Moderator will close the ad.

Second, items that have been traded or sold, they post the item as gone, but the ad is never locked,
Use...you guessed it , the report button...and a Moderator will close the ad.

With that said....
Lots of reports or PM's can happen so , while a report or PM will be looked into / dealt with...
It may not be on your time table...but done when it is done.
The above is not to taken as rude...just as something to be considered when reporting.
Andy

First, a 25 post minimum required before being allowed to post stuff in the Classifieds
I get your point, but I feel like this might have a detrimental effect on the forums. Some people might just start posting ridiculous or pointless stuff just to get to that 25-post mark.
I could comment on the frequency of "no shipping", but that IS a personal issue,
Given the general sketchiness of dealing through the mail, it's reasonable to only deal FTF. I used to ship things and I had people try to rip me off in every way imaginable. Also some people have work schedules that make it difficult to get to the post office in a timely manner. I know it's frustrating when someone has something you want and you can't close the deal, but people usually have reasons for doing things that way.

Everything else in your post I agree with.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top