JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Use the report button....and a Moderator will close the ad.
I've reported so many moderators and not a word! Where's the accountability?!?! :s0066:
I've actually had good luck with this. I try to keep my reports brief but specific and based on the rules. "No price listed" "Double-posted at [link]" "fake/placeholder price" etc. I have seen several of these postings disappear soon after.

I'll admit I don't like "for trade" ads with no interests listed, but as far as I can tell there's not a specific rule against those so I have been leaving those alone.

Regarding no shipping, I think many people do this as a defense against fraud. I do this. It's much harder to rob me in person than it is to rob me over the internet by submitting a fake fraud claim.

It's beating a dead horse. My ignore list is long and distinguished, it's almost as big as Mike Johnson.

Out of curiosity, what do you consider to be "contributing to the forum"?
This isn't by chance a euphemism? Is it? :s0020:
Maybe I don't wanna know. :s0131:

No, I don't wanna know.

Hey guys. I really need to apologize. :oops: This is all my fault. :s0125: I just checked and I had about a dozen ads that were still open. Dating back to 2014. :s0054: Clearly, I'm the culprit!
So here it is, I give you all my heartfelt apologies!

This should put an end to the the classified section rants.
:s0168:

Somehow, I don't how, I will figure out a way to repay you all, for all the time and rant reading you have had to endure and suffer through over these years.

Hey guys. I really need to apologize. :oops: This is all my fault. :s0125: I just checked and I had about a dozen ads that were still open. Dating back to 2014. :s0054: Clearly, I'm the culprit!
So here it is, I give you all my heartfelt apologies!

This should put an end to the the classified section rants.
:s0168:

Somehow, I don't how, I will figure out a way to repay you all, for all the time and rant reading you have had to endure and suffer through over these years.
That's going to cost you a few bricks of 22lr. :s0109:

My biggest complaint about this site (actually the only one) is the huge number of classified ads that apparently have no living attendant. I think the site should make it somewhat inconvenient for users who fail to ride herd on their active FS ads (and Mikej, you're far from being the lone ranger in that category; apology accepted, no matter if it was tongue-in-cheek ;) ).

How about a BIG nag screen to "PLEASE VERIFY THE STATUS OF YOUR AD" that begins popping up every time the user goes active on the site, beginning 20 days after an ad is posted (or re-verified)? Make that nag show up even sooner (say 7 days) after the FS ad collects its first unanswered "Is this still available?" post (or, "Your in-box is full").

Beyond those measures to spur ad owners into taking action, all ads really ought to have a countdown timer that automatically flips ad status to LOCKED 30 days after the OP's last visit to the site.

As it stands, I search the classified ads a few times every week, looking for items I'm interested in acquiring. I'd be inclined to visit even more frequently if there weren't so many totally stale ads out there.

Last Edited:
My biggest complaint about this site (actually the only one) is the huge number of classified ads that apparently have no living attendant. I think the site should make it somewhat inconvenient for users who fail to ride herd on their active FS ads.

How about a BIG nag screen to "PLEASE VERIFY THE STATUS OF YOUR AD" that begins popping up every time the user goes active on the site, beginning 20 days after an ad is posted (or re-verified)? Make that nag show up even sooner (say 7 days) after the FS ad collects its first unanswered "Is this still available?" post (or, "Your in-box is full).

Beyond those measure to spur ad owners into taking action, all ads really ought to have a countdown timer that automatically flips ad status to LOCKED 30 days after the OP's last visit to the site.

As it stands, I visit the classified ads a few times every week. I'd be inclined to visit even more frequently if there weren't so many totally stale ads out there.
Oh boy! The termagant wife isn't enough?!?! You sir are a glutton for punishment. It's like wishing for polygamy; I think those must be dudes that aren't married.

I vote we merge this with the other classifieds rants.
Yeah, but that's just going to result in me starting a rant thread about merging threads. I might be OK with it if we can have a cage match between the OP of each thread to be the OP of the merged thread.

My biggest complaint about this site (actually the only one) is the huge number of classified ads that apparently have no living attendant. I think the site should make it somewhat inconvenient for users who fail to ride herd on their active FS ads (and Mikej, you're far from being the lone ranger in that category; apology accepted, no matter if it was tongue-in-cheek ;) ).

How about a BIG nag screen to "PLEASE VERIFY THE STATUS OF YOUR AD" that begins popping up every time the user goes active on the site, beginning 20 days after an ad is posted (or re-verified)? Make that nag show up even sooner (say 7 days) after the FS ad collects its first unanswered "Is this still available?" post (or, "Your in-box is full").

Beyond those measures to spur ad owners into taking action, all ads really ought to have a countdown timer that automatically flips ad status to LOCKED 30 days after the OP's last visit to the site.

As it stands, I search the classified ads a few times every week, looking for items I'm interested in acquiring. I'd be inclined to visit even more frequently if there weren't so many totally stale ads out there.
This ^ made me laugh out loud!. And at the same time, a dang good idea! My post was only partially tongue-in-cheek.
I don't quite get the angst over un-closed ads. But I guess I don't peruse the ads as deeply as others might. I was surprised I had so many unclosed! I'm not a careless/un-caring person and if I'd known I would have kept up on it more.

I love the idea of a "Nag-Feature"! :s0140: For REAL!

Why is my used M&P worth more than a new one?

Because it's mine :D

Seriously though, my opinion (not worth what you paid for it)
is that the classifieds while mostly overpriced with no responses has had some pretty fair deals this year on current popular 9mm's as well as some really nice .357's and cool old rifles.

I like to check it out on the daily.

25BD12B8-35BA-4F96-AC50-C9BE0F6581E4.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top