JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I noticed that sometimes it would bridge up in the powder funnel spilling on the down stroke ,
I started pausing a moment at the top of the up stroke and a light tap on the side of the powder measure helped ,
basically allowing extra time for the funnel to empty before starting the down stroke
Not sure if this will help you but it worked better for me

Your dispenser could have a small static charge if the powder is clinging to it or slow to dispense. Wipe it down, inside&out with an anti static sheet and see if that helps, yes you can use dryer sheets.

Simple things like this always make me look at my Dillon setup. It was the same with my Hornady AP LnL too.
I use AA2230, which I find to be a finer spherical shape than TAC. I also use TAC, PP2000MR and H335.
I have two different inserts for the powder feed die for 223 cases, one definitely works better than the other.
Once I figured that out, that's the one that is permanently installed in my 223 tool head.

Edit to add, like @JO JO , I pause at the full downstroke and will, with my left hand, tap the powder assembly. It's a habit I developed doing magnum loads, and helps with the powder settling. I've thought of rigging the press with a vibration device out of an older pager to automate that part of it.
"downstroke", meaning the full pull of the press arm.

Last Edited:
Simple things like this always make me look at my Dillon. It was the same with my Hornady AP LnL too.
I use AA2230, which I find to be a finer spherical shape than TAC. I also use TAC, PP2000MR and H335.
I have two different inserts for the powder feed die for 223 cases, one definitely works better than the other.
Once I figured that out, that's the one that is permanently installed in my 223 tool head.

Edit to add, like @JO JO , I pause at the full downstroke and will, with my left hand, tap the powder assembly. It's a habit I developed doing magnum loads, and helps with the powder settling. I've thought of rigging the press with a vibration device out of an older pager to automate that part of it.
H335 works great in my Dillon, just isn't a great choice for heavier 223.

A good friend always uses a trick with his Dillon powder dispenser, he rubber bands a fish tank air pump to the side of the hopper. It provided just enough vibration to settle everything consistently between strokes on the progressive press. Now in all honesty, my wife has a flashlight that really doesn't light up at all, it just shakes when switched on but, when I strap it to my powder dispenser the thing throws very consistent charges. May want to give that a try. :s0092:

I run a lot of stick powders in the Dillion. To prevent bridging, slowing down as the powder bar moves over the dump hole works best. I basically slow the last half or third the stroke down. Basically you want the powder to poor slowly down into the funnel.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top