JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello,

I recently bought a nice old Colt at a pawn shop in Clark County. I gave them my DL and my CPL like I have many times before, but I know that having a CPL doesn't mean you can just take the handgun home with you same day anymore. So my question is, besides being able to carry a concealed weapon, does your CPL have any bearing on speed of background check or any other benefits? I'm just curious.

Thanks

Nope
Right after F-1639 took hold, I waited 30+ days for my Sig 365 from Sporting Systems
The G-19 I bought a couple weeks later took 12 days
Nowadays it seems to run about 8 days to clear the background check:s0092:

It depends on the LEA running the BGC. Our Sheriff's office has been stamping them out in less than 5 days from the start. But they said they weren't going to enforce it, so I think they are just going through the motions.

It depends on the LEA running the BGC. Our Sheriff's office has been stamping them out in less than 5 days from the start. But they said they weren't going to enforce it, so I think they are just going through the motions.
Exactly what it should be and the FFL can allow you to get it after 3-5 business days but most FFL are making people wait for 10 or more. My response is go to a different one if you can.

Thanks for the replies everyone! I bought a revolver in May, and the FFL made me wait the whole 10 days, but released it to me afterwards. I'm hoping it will be the same this time too, but I am also hoping the pawn shop gets a reply back before then, but I'm betting that's wishful thinking.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top