JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I do not wish for a ban. I know it won't do any good. It's already against the law to murder. Still I do not hold in contempt any person who has the foresight to buy something that is or may be just about to gain in value. People do it with stocks, gold, guns, and ammo. It would be one thing if the govt was buying up hi capacity mags just to ban them and then sell them at an increased rate, it's entirely another for a person who does not control the market enviroment to take a chance on buying a might be restricted item.

Trlsmn: You've never asked me permission to state your thoughts before, why start now? Let's hear it.
lmao

Can we please do something with Cabage Patch Dolls? Remember the days when people were actually brawling over them in the stores? I bought up a crap load of them looking to "cash in", then the supply of them rebounded and the bottom fell out... lost my arse.

JUST KIDDING!!! :D

I always thought they were fugly dolls.

How many do you have? Really? lol

I'm not so much into what my own hicap mags are suddenly worth as politicians strive to outlaw them. They won't be for sale. A bigger concern is the astronomical cost of obtaining some (illegally like everyone else) once those myopic rat pr*cks finally get their way.

If a mag ban did somehow go into effect - I think it would be so much easier just to say screw it and go to 1911's and wheel guns - then you don't have to worry about it anymore. You can just make a bigger hole instead.

Am I correct (since I was a little young at the time) but when the AWB went into effect, things like high cap mags could be sold if they were manufactured before the law went into effect? Same with guns that were banned. All I remember is really high prices on AR's and 30 rd mags and such. To me the funniest thing was the AR was "banned" and around $1500 and up, but the Mini 14 was not $500-$600, explain that one? I would rather have a Mini anyway.

Am I correct (since I was a little young at the time) but when the AWB went into effect, things like high cap mags could be sold if they were manufactured before the law went into effect? Same with guns that were banned. All I remember is really high prices on AR's and 30 rd mags and such. To me the funniest thing was the AR was "banned" and around $1500 and up, but the Mini 14 was not $500-$600, explain that one? I would rather have a Mini anyway.

You are correct that previously made, started in production or imported could be sold but any newer production was only to be sold to military or law enforcement. The companies went into 24hr production right up to the day and if it was started before the date it could be finished after so alot of started mags got finished for weeks after. As far as the mini's they didnt have pistol grips, flash hiders, folding stocks and were sold with five round mags so they didnt fall into the standardsof the ban, but you could still get the bigger mags for them but they were spendy.

There's a big difference between stocking up before a shortage and hoarding in a shortage. If y'all correctly anticipate a shortage - real or artificially created - and stock up, you're not the one creating the problem. In fact you're positioned to help relieve some of the excess demand, and turn a decent profit too. But if you're buying up goods that are ALREADY in short supply, you're exacerbating a problem and setting yourself up as a deliberate gouger.

I have a good friend that is an NRA member but is in favor of the ban. He has a bunch of high capacity mags as well as lots of the previously banned guns. When they are banned again he's planning on making a mint selling them!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
SWWAC member

No offense intended to you, but your friend sounds like a scumbag. He's an NRA member, yet hopes that we'll lose a key element of our 2nd Amendment rights, just so he can make some cash? Where are his principles?

To stock up on magazines, lower receivers, and even ammo is a no-brainer. Some of us remember what AR and AK magazines were going for after the previous ban, and if I had the foresight and cash back in the days before GHW Bush's "Assault Weapons" ban, I would have surely bought as many imported AKs, FALs and HKs as I could have afforded.

Anybody know how much AR, AK, or Glock equiv. mags were going for before and after the ban? Was is like $5 before and $20 after? I want to know because I"m an anticipatory scumbag although I'm NOT an NRA member and I do NOT want to see a ban. I do think it's comming though.

^
Nothing wrong with wanting to make a profit off those who didn't have the wisdom to stock up while they had the chance. I just have an issue with those who WANT this law to pass, out of greed.

...If y'all correctly anticipate a shortage - real or artificially created - and stock up, you're not the one creating the problem.

Exactly. You are taking a chance by tying up your capital where others are not willing to. You are the one taking the risk; you might win, or you might lose.

So any old timers know what an AR 30 round... I mean high capacity mag was going for before the ban was announced and what one was going for after the ban went into effect? AK mags? Pistol mags? Other mags?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top